Is this correct?

Old May 19th 2008, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

scotty 71 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty 71 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty 71 has a spectacular aura about
Default Is this correct?

Hi,
can somebody please just clarify that man and wife DON'T both need a skill to obtain a skilled Visa?
Just one of them needs to have a skill on the MODL list is this correct? And then the spouse will be able to enter Australia on their partners Visa?

Reason I ask is that I got told today from a family who are going to live in Australia, that both man and wife need to be skilled to obtain this particular visa, they said they had spoken to someone from the Australian Embassy and they had said that these changes had taken place in September.

Please, somebody tell me this is not the case.

Thanks Gilly.
Old May 19th 2008, 4:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

stumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nice
Default Re: Is this correct?

Originally Posted by scotty 71
Hi,
can somebody please just clarify that man and wife DON'T both need a skill to obtain a skilled Visa?
Just one of them needs to have a skill on the MODL list is this correct? And then the spouse will be able to enter Australia on their partners Visa?

Reason I ask is that I got told today from a family who are going to live in Australia, that both man and wife need to be skilled to obtain this particular visa, they said they had spoken to someone from the Australian Embassy and they had said that these changes had taken place in September.

Please, somebody tell me this is not the case.

Thanks Gilly.
No, this is not the case!!!!

Only one of you needs to be skilled, the other one and any dependants are included in the visa.

take a look at www.immi.gov.au for more info on skilled visas.
Old May 19th 2008, 5:24 pm
Forum Regular

Trakki1976 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes you only need one person to have the skill however if you both have a skill on the list I believe you can both go on the application and get a few more points if you need them.
Old May 20th 2008, 3:21 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scotty 71
Hi,
Both partners don't have to be "skilled" but there are extra points sometimes for those who are.

Are you sure you understand what "skilled" means, eg the MODL is one thing but there is also the SOL, points test etc.
Not every skilled applicant has a MODL occupation.
Old May 20th 2008, 5:28 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe those people did not have enough points with just one of their jobs and would need the extra points?
Old May 20th 2008, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

scotty 71 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty 71 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty 71 has a spectacular aura about

Thank you all who replied.

I didn't think it was correct but I just had to double check from you guys.

Thanks again, Gilly.
Old May 20th 2008, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom
Maybe those people did not have enough points with just one of their jobs and would need the extra points?

Maybe, but she has a good job working for the Government, so I am not really sure what the sitution is, maybe they have just been miss guided.