Converting 175 to 189

Old Nov 5th 2012, 6:08 am
Forum Regular

reehan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Converting 175 to 189

Hi,
I am a priority 5 applicant applied in Jan 2009 with 175 subclass . I claim 70 points now and as per current invitation trends, 70 point holders are getting invitation in every round. If i get an invitation in next round will DIAC convert my 175 application into 189 without taking visa fee again? Will they consider same old application and process it as 189 application? Please advise!
Old Nov 5th 2012, 6:16 am

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Converting 175 to 189

Originally Posted by reehan
Hi,
I am a priority 5 applicant applied in Jan 2009 with 175 subclass . I claim 70 points now and as per current invitation trends, 70 point holders are getting invitation in every round. If i get an invitation in next round will DIAC convert my 175 application into 189 without taking visa fee again? Will they consider same old application and process it as 189 application? Please advise!
I'm afraid not. If you want to lodge a 189 application, you will have to submit an EoI & if invited, then pay a new fee. Being a pre-2010 applicant, you may be able to convert your 175 to a 176, if you could find state sponsorship.
Old Nov 5th 2012, 6:38 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76
I'm afraid not. If you want to lodge a 189 application, you will have to submit an EoI & if invited, then pay a new fee. Being a pre-2010 applicant, you may be able to convert your 175 to a 176, if you could find state sponsorship.
Thanks mrsgreenstart for you reply. Actually i got an email from DIAC in July 12 informing me that if i am able to get state sponsorship, i should inform DIAC and they will change my visa category. Since after July 2012, 176 is not applicable and states are giving 190 visas so I infact be converting my 175 application into 190 (subject to state nomination) not 176. Based on this, shouldn't DIAC allow conversion from 175 to 189 if 175 to 190 is allowed by them?
Old Nov 5th 2012, 6:48 am

mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks mrsgreenstart for you reply. Actually i got an email from DIAC in July 12 informing me that if i am able to get state sponsorship, i should inform DIAC and they will change my visa category. Since after July 2012, 176 is not applicable and states are giving 190 visas so I infact be converting my 175 application into 190 (subject to state nomination) not 176. Based on this, shouldn't DIAC allow conversion from 175 to 189 if 175 to 190 is allowed by them?
No, you wouldn't be converting to a 190 - it would be a 176. You applied under the old rules & visa subclasses, not the new ones. You simply cannot switch to a 189 or 190.

If you want a 189, you will have to submit an EoI & pay to lodge a new application if invited.
Old Nov 5th 2012, 7:08 am
Forum Regular

No, you wouldn't be converting to a 190 - it would be a 176. You applied under the old rules & visa subclasses, not the new ones. You simply cannot switch to a 189 or 190.

If you want a 189, you will have to submit an EoI & pay to lodge a new application if invited.
Thank you for your feedback
Old Nov 5th 2012, 7:49 am
Forum Regular

One more clarification. My current occupation is software engineer. If i am able to obtain state sponsorship and DIAC converts my visa to 176, which priority group i would belong to? Would it still be Priority Group 5?
Old Nov 5th 2012, 8:09 am

One more clarification. My current occupation is software engineer. If i am able to obtain state sponsorship and DIAC converts my visa to 176, which priority group i would belong to? Would it still be Priority Group 5?
If it's on a state migration plan, then it would be priority group three. If it's not on an SMP, then priority group four.

http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charter.../visas/8.0.htm

Last edited by mrsgreenstar76; Nov 5th 2012 at 8:46 am.
Old Nov 6th 2012, 2:56 am
Forum Regular

lady jane is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
We were a 175 ,2008 we also got letter from Diac regarding the switch to statesponcorship 176. There were forms that had to be filled in that we couldn`t find on the site. We also thought that we would have to convert to 189 or 190 but you dont.You also dont have to redo your englishTest .They excepted our s from 2008.It is a bit more tricky so we use a agent for this one they were extremely helpful and I would pay that fee with pleasure it took about three months from beginning to end .Now we have state sponsorship with WA .We used ,I am not sure if you allowed to say , Networkmigration.co.za
Best of Luck
Lady Jane
Old Nov 7th 2012, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

mrsgreenstar,

Seems like most of the states offering 190 visa as part of their state migration plan not 176. If i get nomination from state (NSW and Victoria has my occupation) this would be 190. So infact diac would be converting my 190 nomination to 176 visa? Please guide.
Old Nov 7th 2012, 1:01 pm

Talking Re: Converting 175 to 189

mrsgreenstar,

Seems like most of the states offering 190 visa as part of their state migration plan not 176. If i get nomination from state (NSW and Victoria has my occupation) this would be 190. So infact diac would be converting my 190 nomination to 176 visa? Please guide.
I really don't know how else to explain this to you. Of course the states will be listing sponsorships for 190 - that is the new SS PR subclass. You did not apply for one of the new visa types, you applied for one of the old ones. Let me put it this way - if someone decided to apply for a 189 (the new independent PR visa), but decided they wanted state sponsorship, they would have to lodge a new application. They wouldn't be able to convert from a 189 to a 190 application. However, you applied pre-2010 - when 175 applicants could switch to a 176 application if they obtained SS. Post July 2010, 175 applicants couldn't convert to a 176.

If you want state sponsorship, you could convert to a 176 - that is because you applied before July 2010. That is the only one that you can switch to.

To summarise:
  • You would not be getting a 190 if you obtained state sponsorship & converted, you would be getting a 176.
  • If you want a 190, you will have to meet the criteria, submit an EoI, be invited, pay a new fee & then lodge a new application.
Old Nov 7th 2012, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

mrsgreenstar,

Hi I dont think they will convert 190 to a 176 .Because we applied before July 2010 they , so they gave us the option to switch to a 176 ,If we wanted a 189 or 190 we have to reapply and pay another visa charge
Lady Jane
Old Nov 7th 2012, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

I really don't know how else to explain this to you. Of course the states will be listing sponsorships for 190 - that is the new SS PR subclass. You did not apply for one of the new visa types, you applied for one of the old ones. Let me put it this way - if someone decided to apply for a 189 (the new independent PR visa), but decided they wanted state sponsorship, they would have to lodge a new application. They wouldn't be able to convert from a 189 to a 190 application. However, you applied pre-2010 - when 175 applicants could switch to a 176 application if they obtained SS. Post July 2010, 175 applicants couldn't convert to a 176.

If you want state sponsorship, you could convert to a 176 - that is because you applied before July 2010. That is the only one that you can switch to.

To summarise:
  • You would not be getting a 190 if you obtained state sponsorship & converted, you would be getting a 176.
  • If you want a 190, you will have to meet the criteria, submit an EoI, be invited, pay a new fee & then lodge a new application.
Hi sorry I was busy answering as well and you send the same message sorry
Thanks
Lady Jane
Old Nov 7th 2012, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by lady jane
Hi sorry I was busy answering as well and you send the same message sorry
Thanks
Lady Jane
That's okay, don't worry.
Old Jan 26th 2013, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

Dear mrsgreenstar76,

I have got State sponsorship from NSW recently and emailed DIAC to convert my 175 application into 176 and i am hoping for a positive reply.

If DIAC converts the application and start processing it as 176, will they asses my case against 100 points (176) score or 120 (175)? I am asking this because in case i lose 5 points for community language (I recently discovered i might lose), will my application still be successful?
Old Jan 26th 2013, 4:00 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Dear mrsgreenstar76,

I have got State sponsorship from NSW recently and emailed DIAC to convert my 175 application into 176 and i am hoping for a positive reply.

If DIAC converts the application and start processing it as 176, will they asses my case against 100 points (176) score or 120 (175)? I am asking this because in case i lose 5 points for community language (I recently discovered i might lose), will my application still be successful?
I thinhk you need this..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.