Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Contributory Parent Visa - Still Sparkling!!! - Part 4

Contributory Parent Visa - Still Sparkling!!! - Part 4

Old Sep 11th 2010, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

pemajoka is a jewel in the roughpemajoka is a jewel in the roughpemajoka is a jewel in the roughpemajoka is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Contributory Parent Visa - Still Sparkling!!! - Part 4

Originally Posted by annmac
I am new to this site and was wondering if i could get some feed back, my husband and i are hopefully applying for a 173 visa at the beginning of the year,we will be sponsored by our daughter who lives in PERTH.We are aware of how much this would cost and know we could fail the medicals and dont mind losing that money plus the first payment. Due to fact that we need to sell our property to meet the second part my question is do you pay for the visa before it is granted or after as we could not afford to lose that type of money.Thanks for any feed back on this.
Hi you will find this site brilliant for all (?) your queries. I too am on a 173. The main payment does not come until the end so if anything fails then you will not be required to pay the main visa amount. You will get a lot of support and encouragement. You say you are waiting till the new year to apply, is that because your daughter has not been in perth for two years because that period is only advisory. If your daughter can demonstrate SETLED status i.e. job, house purchase, car etc then you can apply now and be a little earlier. Money,exchange rates, UK goverment.............etc all will have a bearing but all on here will tell you, it is worth it in the end. Which bit of perth is she in? my lot are in Ridgewood.
Hope it helps
pete
Old Sep 11th 2010, 10:56 am
Just Joined

annmac is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Pete thanks for your reply that puts our mind at rest. There two main reasons for waiting, until January our mortgage finishes then and we do have a short fall and we want to get all correct finance in place before we make a move,also our son and family are also going to start the process for 176 skilled visa and we like them to go hand in hand so to speak.Yes a do know that I could start just now but this our main reasons.so Oh my daughter is in Tapping and works in Perth she is a mental nurse
Old Sep 11th 2010, 1:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

DaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Vindy
Hi all,
its been a good news day to day we have exchanged contracts on our house and we complete on the 30th September.
Have arranged for the shippers to come in on the 27th september, and have booked our flights for the 5th October.
What sense of relief when our solicitor phoned to say we have exchanged.
Its been over 2 years since we started on the road to Oz and can't belive that we are almost there.
Good luck to all in the que dont give up you will get there in the end.
Its a great forum and has helped me a lot and every question asked was answered , and you can tell people go out of their way to get the answer.
So once again many thanks, and very good luck to all

Les & Babs
Congratulations! so envious! Good luck with your move.
Old Sep 11th 2010, 1:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

DaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to all

Hi Pete thanks for your reply that puts our mind at rest. There two main reasons for waiting, until January our mortgage finishes then and we do have a short fall and we want to get all correct finance in place before we make a move,also our son and family are also going to start the process for 176 skilled visa and we like them to go hand in hand so to speak.Yes a do know that I could start just now but this our main reasons.so Oh my daughter is in Tapping and works in Perth she is a mental nurse
Hi annmac

Welcome to the forum. We are also going the same route as you, applying for the 173 and then the 143 and applied for our visa in July. We are also hoping to join our daughter in Perth.
Old Sep 11th 2010, 1:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Barbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to all

I am new to this site and was wondering if i could get some feed back, my husband and i are hopefully applying for a 173 visa at the beginning of the year,we will be sponsored by our daughter who lives in PERTH.We are aware of how much this would cost and know we could fail the medicals and dont mind losing that money plus the first payment. Due to fact that we need to sell our property to meet the second part my question is do you pay for the visa before it is granted or after as we could not afford to lose that type of money.Thanks for any feed back on this.
Hello there and welcome,

We too are going to Perth in February 2011. We are awaiting a case officer imminent we hope. Be assured that none of us could afford to take a chance on losing any monies paid in pursuit of a CPV. If you are worried about the medicals (again as we all do) then have them done early but you will be surprised to know that you can have some health problems and still get thro.
Most of us have had to sell our properties to pay the second enormous amount. You are in good company and will find out lots by taking part in the thread. When everything else is done you pay the last payment and the visa should be granted within the month and often within days. So chin up and prepare to for the wait. Please look at www.gainwave.co.uk for ideas about timelines etc.
Old Sep 11th 2010, 2:41 pm
Just Joined

annmac is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Barbaran
Hello there and welcome,

We too are going to Perth in February 2011. We are awaiting a case officer imminent we hope. Be assured that none of us could afford to take a chance on losing any monies paid in pursuit of a CPV. If you are worried about the medicals (again as we all do) then have them done early but you will be surprised to know that you can have some health problems and still get thro.
Most of us have had to sell our properties to pay the second enormous amount. You are in good company and will find out lots by taking part in the thread. When everything else is done you pay the last payment and the visa should be granted within the month and often within days. So chin up and prepare to for the wait. Please look at www.gainwave.co.uk for ideas about timelines etc.
I would like to thank every one for there welcome. I can see that there will be a lot of support on the site due to every one been in same boat so to speak.

Take Care
Ann
Old Sep 11th 2010, 4:01 pm

sandch is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, I will add my welcome Ann. Pop in from time to time to let us know how it's going. There's a handy vegemite marmite debate at times too!

Best wishes

Steve
Old Sep 11th 2010, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by suefb
Hello

Its been a while since I visited the site, but to let you know we have settled here in Avalon, Sydney's northern beaches and have been renting an apartment for the past 5 weeks, on an over 55's complex. The first few weeks were quite hectic after arriving but we are now settling into life with our grandchildren and family.

I would say that we had a bit of trouble when applying for our new driving licences, senior card, medicare card as our passports did not have the visa paper, we had to go to the immigration dept in Sydney to have them put into our passports, I know our letter said it was automatically put into our passports but unfortunately the rest of Australia does not have the facility to access this, just something for you to be aware of.

regards
suefb
Good to hear from you - that's useful information. Having the visa put in the passport was a big highlight for us - tangible evidence of our investment!

Best wishes

Steve
Old Sep 11th 2010, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by Vindy
Hi all,
its been a good news day to day we have exchanged contracts on our house and we complete on the 30th September..............
Les & Babs
That's fantastic news Les and Babs, and a huge relief I'm sure. Now for the easy bit - packing up!

Keep smiling.

Best wishes

Steve
Old Sep 12th 2010, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

pemajoka is a jewel in the roughpemajoka is a jewel in the roughpemajoka is a jewel in the roughpemajoka is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by sandch
Yes, I will add my welcome Ann. Pop in from time to time to let us know how it's going. There's a handy vegemite marmite debate at times too!

Best wishes

Steve
No one ever mentions Bovril. Is it still around or is it like the lib dems, on the fringe for most of its life :
Old Sep 12th 2010, 2:27 pm
Forum Regular

yomvard is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by audie123
congratulations Phyllis - you must be so happy .

we are still up there at the top of the waiting list! - but we will make it! - thank goodness for skype and the chance to see my gorgeous grandaughter growing - and her wonderful mum and dad too!

good luck to you all!
Hi
Audie,
Lovely to hear from you again, any news?
regards
Sandy
Old Sep 12th 2010, 8:11 pm

sirmatt101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pemajoka
No one ever mentions Bovril. Is it still around or is it like the lib dems, on the fringe for most of its life :
Someones always got to lower the tone!!

Matt
Old Sep 13th 2010, 5:54 am

Originally Posted by sirmatt101
Someones always got to lower the tone!!

Matt
Quite. This is a respectable forum.
Old Sep 13th 2010, 6:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Barbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to all

OMG! We have a case officer............got the email this morning and granted Friday 10th YIPPEE! Off we go don't care how early in the morning here
Old Sep 13th 2010, 6:36 am

sirmatt101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Barbaran
OMG! We have a case officer............got the email this morning and granted Friday 10th YIPPEE! Off we go don't care how early in the morning here
Congratulations I suppose a glass of wine with your vegemite & toast won't hurt

Matt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.