Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Contributory Parent Visa - Still Sparkling!!! - Part 4

Contributory Parent Visa - Still Sparkling!!! - Part 4

Old Aug 18th 2010, 5:24 pm

sirmatt101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Contributory Parent Visa - Still Sparkling!!! - Part 4

Originally Posted by yomvard
I agree, isn't it brilliant to get answers to questions that have been keeping you awake at night, not knowing how to proceed with the next stage.
Sandy

CPV143 acknowledged 21/4/09
CO 3/8/10
I Know its great to wake up and read where you can get Marmite, Sausages, Washing Powder, etc,etc.................., I don't need to take my sleeping pills anymore

Cheers

Matt
Old Aug 19th 2010, 6:20 am
Just Joined

fresno.36 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Long wait for CO

Originally Posted by DaveandLinda
Hi, the time is usually around 16 months, give or take. Sandch who posts on here has very kindly set up a tracker so you can have a look at timelines on there. Here's the link:

www.gainwave.co.uk
Having picked myself up from the floor and feeling rather sick, 16 months, I'm going back to bed (for 16 months). Many thanks DaveandLinda I thought it would take some time but it is a bit of a shock.
Old Aug 19th 2010, 7:49 am
Forum Regular

ancpar is just really niceancpar is just really niceancpar is just really niceancpar is just really niceancpar is just really niceancpar is just really niceancpar is just really niceancpar is just really nice

Originally Posted by fresno.36
Having picked myself up from the floor and feeling rather sick, 16 months, I'm going back to bed (for 16 months). Many thanks DaveandLinda I thought it would take some time but it is a bit of a shock.
Hello there Fresno.36, welcome. We know how you must be feeling, we have been waiting for 14 months now for a CO, so hopefully not long for us now. This forum is really great, it makes you feel part of a big family and the information that you get is great. We too are in Essex, Braintree, where are you? Our Son and his family are in Perth and that is where we are heading. What part of Oz are you heading to? Have you had a trip out there yet? Keep your spirits up and it will pass quickly.
Keep in touch
Pat & John.
Old Aug 19th 2010, 8:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Barbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to all

Originally Posted by fresno.36
Hi there,

I know that feeling of disappointment, but you will be surprised how quickly the time flies. Have you sent off your application and received your acknowlegement yet? From when you get a CO it can be a couple of months until you get your visa so not soooo bad altogether 16 - 24 months and you can be there. Unless of course you choose another route like the 173 Temporary visa and then transfer to 143. We have some people on the forum that have done that. We should have a CO sometime soon and have sold and moved out of the house etc which all takes time so there are things to do.
Chin Up!
Old Aug 19th 2010, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

MikenSueNW3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Barbaran
Hi there,

Unless of course you choose another route like the 173 Temporary visa and then transfer to 143.
Chin Up!
Surely that takes just as long?

Mike
Old Aug 19th 2010, 8:45 am
Just Joined

suescliff is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MikenSueNW3
Surely that takes just as long?

Mike
We have applied for a 173 does that mean it is quicker than a straight 143? We are hoping to go the Sunshine Coast where my daughter and 3 grandchildren are although i also have a son in Perth so it was quite a decision but seeing the grandchildren grow up is what i would like to do we can always fly to Perth for a holiday and my son come to us.
I love the forum it is great hearing peoples views and experiences.
Old Aug 19th 2010, 8:49 am
BE Enthusiast

charlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to all

Hi

Timescales for 143 & 173 are the same. The only difference is when the BIG MONEY payments are made.

Charlie

Old Aug 19th 2010, 9:01 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by charlie5
Hi

Timescales for 143 & 173 are the same. The only difference is when the BIG MONEY payments are made.

Charlie

When is the big money payout made if you get a 173 first and then apply for the 143?
Old Aug 19th 2010, 9:21 am
BE Enthusiast

donovandenese will become famous soon enough

hi all - havent had a chance to log on for a while - but am now looking for some advice re my dads CPV application.

Dad originally applied for s143 CPV in June 2009 as a single applicant. During the 14 months since his initial application Dad's situation has changed and he is now in a defacto relationship with his girlfriend. They would like to make the move to Australia together. I am wondering what options we have open to us now regarding dads application? We expect to get a case officer for him in the next couple of months so I am keen to clarify things before then.

1. from the reading I have done on the internet it seems that in the past he would have been able to sponsor his partner on a spouse visa as soon as he was granted his visa and became a permanent resident. am i correct in understanding that immigration have now stopped this from happening until 5 years from the date the applicant becomes a permanent resident? If we were to go along this route should we be notifying immigration now that dad is in a defacto relationship? Am I correct in thinking that immigration could change their policy on this again in the future and rule out CPV holders sponsoring spouses at any point? (eg its a risky path to take)

2. I guess the alternative would be to add dads partner to his application now. from a financial perspective am i correct that this would incur an additional 2nd instalment charge of approx $32k (the 2nd instalment charge at the date of dads original application) plus the assurance of support would increase from $10k to $14k? (this additional cost looks HUGE!) if this is the route we take, how would we go about adding dads partner to his application? Is it just a change of circumstances form or are their other forms to complete? Does it matter in any way that dads partner is not a family member of dads sponsor (my sister)?

3. can anyone offer any other possibilities??

Any advice anyone can offer would be gratefully received. I expect that this situation isnt unusual, given the length of time between lodgement of application and visa being granted, lots of peoples circumstances must change.

thanks
Old Aug 19th 2010, 9:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Les Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by suescliff
When is the big money payout made if you get a 173 first and then apply for the 143?
Just before they give you the 143.
Old Aug 19th 2010, 10:53 am

sandch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by donovandenese
hi all - havent had a chance to log on for a while - but am now looking for some advice re my dads CPV application.

Dad originally applied for s143 CPV in June 2009 as a single applicant. During the 14 months since his initial application Dad's situation has changed and he is now in a defacto relationship with his girlfriend. They would like to make the move to Australia together. I am wondering what options we have open to us now regarding dads application? We expect to get a case officer for him in the next couple of months so I am keen to clarify things before then.

1. from the reading I have done on the internet it seems that in the past he would have been able to sponsor his partner on a spouse visa as soon as he was granted his visa and became a permanent resident. am i correct in understanding that immigration have now stopped this from happening until 5 years from the date the applicant becomes a permanent resident? If we were to go along this route should we be notifying immigration now that dad is in a defacto relationship? Am I correct in thinking that immigration could change their policy on this again in the future and rule out CPV holders sponsoring spouses at any point? (eg its a risky path to take)

2. I guess the alternative would be to add dads partner to his application now. from a financial perspective am i correct that this would incur an additional 2nd instalment charge of approx $32k (the 2nd instalment charge at the date of dads original application) plus the assurance of support would increase from $10k to $14k? (this additional cost looks HUGE!) if this is the route we take, how would we go about adding dads partner to his application? Is it just a change of circumstances form or are their other forms to complete? Does it matter in any way that dads partner is not a family member of dads sponsor (my sister)?

3. can anyone offer any other possibilities??

Any advice anyone can offer would be gratefully received. I expect that this situation isnt unusual, given the length of time between lodgement of application and visa being granted, lots of peoples circumstances must change.

thanks
Hello there. Complications by the looks of things.

I think you are correct in your assessment of (1). I can see (2) being an issue as I would expect them to want to see all the normal evidence of a lasting relationship (otherwise it's an easy, if expensive, route in).

But I don't know. Try Gill over on PIO, but this might turn out to be one of those situations where a good agent is actually useful.

Good luck
Steve
Old Aug 19th 2010, 10:55 am

Even the 173 final payment is not exactly peanuts - it's half the 143 isn't it? But with the 143 you also have the 10-year bond to stump up.

Cheers

Steve
Old Aug 19th 2010, 10:57 am

We have applied for a 173 does that mean it is quicker than a straight 143? We are hoping to go the Sunshine Coast where my daughter and 3 grandchildren are although i also have a son in Perth so it was quite a decision but seeing the grandchildren grow up is what i would like to do we can always fly to Perth for a holiday and my son come to us.
I love the forum it is great hearing peoples views and experiences.
You save time after getting a CO because you don't need to set up the AOS. But it's not really that significant because that generally goes on whilst medicals are being dealt with etc...
Old Aug 19th 2010, 11:04 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by sandch
You save time after getting a CO because you don't need to set up the AOS. But it's not really that significant because Tthat generally goes on whilst medicals are being dealt with etc...

Thank you so much for this information it is nice to speak to someone in the know.
When you are in Australia with the temporary 173 visa how long does it take to then get the 143 visa will it take the same length of time as to get the 173?
As you have to have the 143 before the 173 runs out i just wondered if you have to apply as soon as you get there or is it a lot shorter time.
Old Aug 19th 2010, 11:11 am
BE Enthusiast

donovandenese will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by sandch
Hello there. Complications by the looks of things.

I think you are correct in your assessment of (1). I can see (2) being an issue as I would expect them to want to see all the normal evidence of a lasting relationship (otherwise it's an easy, if expensive, route in).

But I don't know. Try Gill over on PIO, but this might turn out to be one of those situations where a good agent is actually useful.

Good luck
Steve
yes...complications!!
I agree an agent could be the way forward, but just thought I'd post on here and PIO first for any suggestions. Not sure the additional cost is a financially viable option - worrying times...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.