Contributory Parent Visa help please.

Old Sep 16th 2009, 1:52 am
BE Enthusiast

stm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Contributory Parent Visa help please.

My OH's parents are in Oz on a CPV (4 year??) issued in 2007. We are returning to the UK next year permanently and I’ve just had an awful thought. Will this affect their visa at all? Us leaving means there will be only be one eligible child here in Oz making the balance of family test null and void. Does the fact that they already have the visa mean the test doesn't matter now?

Hopefully someone can put my mind at rest. Thanks.
Old Sep 16th 2009, 11:59 pm
Banned

CrystalBall is just really niceCrystalBall is just really niceCrystalBall is just really niceCrystalBall is just really niceCrystalBall is just really niceCrystalBall is just really niceCrystalBall is just really niceCrystalBall is just really nice
Default Re: Contributory Parent Visa help please.

If they have the visa, then you can go on your merry way.

If they have been here 4 years, they can apply for citizenship, which they should definitely do, if there is no negative consequences for them doing that.
Old Sep 17th 2009, 3:03 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Contributory Parent Visa help please.

Originally Posted by stm1971
My OH's parents are in Oz on a CPV (4 year??) issued in 2007.
"CPV 4 year" doesn't make sense.

What is the visa subclass? You need to be clear as otherwise there is a risk of confusion and misleading advice.