Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Contributory Parent Visa Applicants - Oct 05

Contributory Parent Visa Applicants - Oct 05

Old Apr 17th 2006, 5:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Contributory Parent Visa Applicants - Oct 05

Originally Posted by carol haycock
Now my waiting has reached the 7 month mark, I have read that POPC are currently processing September 2005 applications (thats us) Do you think it O.K. to book our medicals and arrange to get PC's done prior to being contacted by POPC with a CO? I feel that once you have a good idea that the medicals are O.K. (hopefully the Dr may give a hint) its a safer bet that eventually the visa will be granted and I would feel a lot happier about putting the house up for sale in the meantime to give us a better chance to sell this year.

Many thanks to S for all the info, very helpful indeed.
Regards
Carol
Hello Carol we got our case number on the 2Nov but no CO yet we are using a agent and we have asked him if we can do our PC and medical checks but he said they dont like it if you do them before your asked,we want to be out there by the end of October for our sons wedding so we are sending our police checks of tomorrow anyway and we will wait till the end of may and if we haven't heard anything by then we will do the medicals anyway.
Janet
Old Apr 17th 2006, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

lorraine111 will become famous soon enoughlorraine111 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Contributory Parent Visa Applicants - Oct 05

Originally Posted by budababes
Would be interested in hearing from anyone who lodged their visa in Oct 05 - any progress? Have heard that processing is currently taking up to 12 months!!! Suppose we are half way there but we have the hurdle of the meds to go through first! We are hoping to join our son and his wife in the Newcastle area of NSW or just north of there in the Dungog area which is really nice. Linda
hi
we have just sent off our visa and received a receipt for the money. so it looks like a long wait ahead of us. although they did tell my australian daughter in law when she rang them up that it would probably take 9 months so i am hopeful!
lorraine
Old Apr 17th 2006, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

budababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura about

Now my waiting has reached the 7 month mark, I have read that POPC are currently processing September 2005 applications (thats us) Do you think it O.K. to book our medicals and arrange to get PC's done prior to being contacted by POPC with a CO? I feel that once you have a good idea that the medicals are O.K. (hopefully the Dr may give a hint) its a safer bet that eventually the visa will be granted and I would feel a lot happier about putting the house up for sale in the meantime to give us a better chance to sell this year.

Many thanks to S for all the info, very helpful indeed.
Regards
Carol
Hello Carol, looks like things should start moving for us soon then eh?
It seems such a long time ago that we sent in our applications. Where did you read the information? We have been preparing our house for the market and are just about ready "to press the button" but don't want to count our chickens. The market has been so slow over the past year or so but it seems that it is picking up again - so fingers crossed that things should soon start to happen. Where are you hoping to settle in Oz? Hope you hear something soon.
Old Apr 18th 2006, 7:56 am
Forum Regular

carol haycock is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Carol, looks like things should start moving for us soon then eh?
It seems such a long time ago that we sent in our applications. Where did you read the information? We have been preparing our house for the market and are just about ready "to press the button" but don't want to count our chickens. The market has been so slow over the past year or so but it seems that it is picking up again - so fingers crossed that things should soon start to happen. Where are you hoping to settle in Oz? Hope you hear something soon.
Easter holiday over, back to checking the post everyday! I have friends who returned from Oz 3 weeks ago whose lodgement for this visa is 28 Nov, their family contact with POPC prior to returning to U.K. were informed that Sept 2005 applications were currently being processsed (and that was 3 weeks ago) so they rushed around to tell us we would hear anytime now (hence my anxiety watching for the mail and that is when I first joined this website to see if I could link up with others) I might add that the excitement felt then has deteriorated this last 3 weeks.

Perth is where we are heading for but looks like I will be travelling West to East as one of my children wants to travel, I have twin grandaughters who are 2 next month who I miss terribly. I see you want to get to NSW, are you grandma yet?

My friends family are hopeful for their visa between Sept and Nov this year so I am hopeful for a visa between July and Sept but this visa is prioritised over different criteria, higher priority is given if all of your children are in Oz rather than the majority, if they are Oz citizens rather than PR etc so realistically a parent with a later lodgement day to me could well hear before me as I only have the majority of my children in Oz, one citizen and one PR, how about your situation?
Carol
Old Apr 18th 2006, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

budababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura about

Easter holiday over, back to checking the post everyday! I have friends who returned from Oz 3 weeks ago whose lodgement for this visa is 28 Nov, their family contact with POPC prior to returning to U.K. were informed that Sept 2005 applications were currently being processsed (and that was 3 weeks ago) so they rushed around to tell us we would hear anytime now (hence my anxiety watching for the mail and that is when I first joined this website to see if I could link up with others) I might add that the excitement felt then has deteriorated this last 3 weeks.

Perth is where we are heading for but looks like I will be travelling West to East as one of my children wants to travel, I have twin grandaughters who are 2 next month who I miss terribly. I see you want to get to NSW, are you grandma yet?

My friends family are hopeful for their visa between Sept and Nov this year so I am hopeful for a visa between July and Sept but this visa is prioritised over different criteria, higher priority is given if all of your children are in Oz rather than the majority, if they are Oz citizens rather than PR etc so realistically a parent with a later lodgement day to me could well hear before me as I only have the majority of my children in Oz, one citizen and one PR, how about your situation?
Carol
Hello again Carol - it is so good to be able to vent our feelings on this site don't you think? Our son just tells us to be patient and things will suddenly fall into place. Seems that "Twin" families gel somehow - our children are twins - now 32 years old - Adrian our son emigrated to Oz in Nov.02 and married in Sydney in 2004. We went for the wedding and again last year to have a good look around. Our daughter is a bit of a "loose cannon" having just returned from working in France for two years - is now back in U.K. for a spell - she is not committed to anyone and says she is not sure yet whether she would emigrate to Oz - we are keeping our fingers crossed that we will be able to persuade her - I feel strange at leaving her behind but am taking the gamble that she will be drawn to us in Oz!!!! My other regret is leaving our faithful collie - my husband thinks the heat will not be good for her - she will be 12 next Jan! There is always a compromise somewhere eh?

Prompted by some threads here - today we decided to go ahead with our Police checks and went to the Police Station but they only had one form available so have to go back in a couple of days to collect the other one - at least you feel as though you are doing something during the LONG WAIT!
Good news soon hopefully!!!! Regards Linda
Old Apr 19th 2006, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

Hello again Carol - it is so good to be able to vent our feelings on this site don't you think? Our son just tells us to be patient and things will suddenly fall into place. Seems that "Twin" families gel somehow - our children are twins - now 32 years old - Adrian our son emigrated to Oz in Nov.02 and married in Sydney in 2004. We went for the wedding and again last year to have a good look around. Our daughter is a bit of a "loose cannon" having just returned from working in France for two years - is now back in U.K. for a spell - she is not committed to anyone and says she is not sure yet whether she would emigrate to Oz - we are keeping our fingers crossed that we will be able to persuade her - I feel strange at leaving her behind but am taking the gamble that she will be drawn to us in Oz!!!! My other regret is leaving our faithful collie - my husband thinks the heat will not be good for her - she will be 12 next Jan! There is always a compromise somewhere eh?

Prompted by some threads here - today we decided to go ahead with our Police checks and went to the Police Station but they only had one form available so have to go back in a couple of days to collect the other one - at least you feel as though you are doing something during the LONG WAIT!
Good news soon hopefully!!!! Regards Linda
Hello Linda,
I have downloaded my police and medical forms off the internet, in fact today I filled in the police check forms and posted them, you can do a search of your area constabulary and put subject access in the search box and the forms can be printed off. The medical and X-ray forms can be downloaded from the Australian High Commission website which allows you to gain the info needed, fill the forms in ready, you can also check the list of authorised doctors to attend and their relevant phone numbers. Whether to wait or not until requested to book your medicals by your CO is what I am unsure about, 1. Because of cost involved and 2. Because on previous threads I read that Dimia do not like you to get these done before they request you, so thats the dilemma.

Nothing in my post as of today, I think I will be making an appointment to have medicals done by mid May at the latest as you have 12 months to validate your visa from whichever is the earliest, medicals or PC's, surely we will hear something in the meantime, I will post a thread as soon as I hear.
Regards
Carol
Old Jul 13th 2006, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

shaun and lor is an unknown quantity at this point

hi we had acknoladgment oct 05 and have recieved request for med police check and assurance of support today 13 july 06
if all goes well with meds and alike how long can you wait before paying the final fee 29,000, shaun and lor

Hello Linda,
I have downloaded my police and medical forms off the internet, in fact today I filled in the police check forms and posted them, you can do a search of your area constabulary and put subject access in the search box and the forms can be printed off. The medical and X-ray forms can be downloaded from the Australian High Commission website which allows you to gain the info needed, fill the forms in ready, you can also check the list of authorised doctors to attend and their relevant phone numbers. Whether to wait or not until requested to book your medicals by your CO is what I am unsure about, 1. Because of cost involved and 2. Because on previous threads I read that Dimia do not like you to get these done before they request you, so thats the dilemma.

Nothing in my post as of today, I think I will be making an appointment to have medicals done by mid May at the latest as you have 12 months to validate your visa from whichever is the earliest, medicals or PC's, surely we will hear something in the meantime, I will post a thread as soon as I hear.
Regards
Carol
Old Jul 13th 2006, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by shaun and lor
hi we had acknoladgment oct 05 and have recieved request for med police check and assurance of support today 13 july 06
if all goes well with meds and alike how long can you wait before paying the final fee 29,000, shaun and lor
Hello,
So glad to hear that you have heard from POPC following Oct lodgement. Our lodgement was 21 Sept 05 and we received the request for documents to finalise our application July 4 from our CO.
Once everything returned checks out with POPC I guess thats when we are asked to pay the 2nd VAC, you won't be asked to pay until the AOS is in place which our family are doing now so I will keep you informed, our medicals were finalised June as we had them done in May along with our police checks.
Good luck, lets hope more parents hear good news this month.
Carol
Old Jul 13th 2006, 3:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for posting it gives us some hope that things are finally moving our acknowledgement was the 2nd Nov so hopefully we will hear something soon
regards Janet
Old Jul 13th 2006, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

Wow - now we are hoping we will hear soon too!! Our application was lodged 10th Oct 05. We are not using an agent - are you? Did you hear through the post or by e.mail? Thank goodness things are starting to move for us all. Linda
Old Jul 13th 2006, 7:33 pm
Just Joined

pinkme has a brilliant futurepinkme has a brilliant futurepinkme has a brilliant futurepinkme has a brilliant futurepinkme has a brilliant futurepinkme has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by FRAYNE
Thanks for posting it gives us some hope that things are finally moving our acknowledgement was the 2nd Nov so hopefully we will hear something soon
regards Janet
Hi Janet,
At last some news!!!!!!!
Hope your hand is ok!!!!
Pauline.
Old Jul 13th 2006, 7:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

DerekM is an unknown quantity at this point

Great news, perhaps they are speeding up a bit now!
Old Jul 31st 2006, 6:44 pm
Just Joined

AVERINA is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DerekM
Great news, perhaps they are speeding up a bit now!
Hi I'm new to this but found it very interesting so far, my hubby and I have applied for Contributory Parent visa 143 and received acknowledgement 16 Jan 06, so far not heard a thing apart from a call from our agent on 22 June stating the delay, we have already done our police checks early June so are now waiting to be called for medicals, we really hope we can get the visa granted before the end of the year as we are flying out to Oz for Christmas and hopefully can get our residency as we arrive then we can return to the UK to tie up the loose ends.
We have already sold our property and have a house built already in Oz so we are almost there apart from the visa!!!! Has anyone heard any latest news on the delay??
Averina
Old Aug 1st 2006, 7:45 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by AVERINA
Hi I'm new to this but found it very interesting so far, my hubby and I have applied for Contributory Parent visa 143 and received acknowledgement 16 Jan 06, so far not heard a thing apart from a call from our agent on 22 June stating the delay, we have already done our police checks early June so are now waiting to be called for medicals, we really hope we can get the visa granted before the end of the year as we are flying out to Oz for Christmas and hopefully can get our residency as we arrive then we can return to the UK to tie up the loose ends.
We have already sold our property and have a house built already in Oz so we are almost there apart from the visa!!!! Has anyone heard any latest news on the delay??
Averina
Hi

....... and welcome to the forum.

There is another thread running in the Barbie section re Parent Visas - you might want to have a read through there also.

Can't help you on the current timeline - sorry - but all appears to be running on a 12 month completion from date of application - but don't quote me !!

The previous visa (and tax!) year ended on 30 June - things tend to speed up a bit after that.

Regards

Jim