Contributory Parent Visa

Old Feb 11th 2020, 10:41 pm
Just Joined

LizRoseHarrison is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Contributory Parent Visa

Hi. I'm just wondering if anyone ekse is in the same situation. I applied for my Parent Visa over 4yrs ago. I was told by a visa agency that my visa application should be picked up between Dec 2019 and Feb 2020. So far I've heard nothing and when I call I just get told it's still in the pipeline or queued. Has anyone heard any different? Thank you.
Old Mar 6th 2020, 5:44 pm
Just Joined

Patti29 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Contributory Parent Visa

Hi Liz
It should be any time now! Lucky you. I've got another year + to wait. Just recently spoken to my immigration agent and he said I should be hearing anytime from June 2021. My application was logged in June 2017.
Patti
Old Mar 9th 2020, 10:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

TeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond repute

I'm assuming you lodged a SC143 parent visa? If so the Department has reached visa applications that were lodged around January 2016.
Old May 7th 2021, 2:38 am
Just Joined

tavro is an unknown quantity at this point

Taken from the government website this morning (7th May 2021):
( https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visa...-release-dates )
---------------------------

[VISA] Queue release dates

As at February 2021, we have released for final processing:
  • Contributory Parent visa applications with a queue date up to May 2016
  • Parent visa applications with a queue date up to September 2010
  • Aged Parent visa applications with a queue date up to December ​2012​
We don't provide processing times for Contributory Parent, Parent, Contributory Aged Parent and Aged Parent visa applications. Applications for these visas are subject to capping and queueing.

However, based on current planning levels, we estimate new Contributory Parent visa applications lodged that meet the criteria to be queued are likely to take approximately at least 58 months to be released for final processing.

New Parent and Aged Parent visa applications lodged that meet the criteria to be queued are likely to take approximately 30 years for final processing.
Old Mar 31st 2022, 7:15 am
Just Joined

Brisbane_18 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, applied for 143 visa September 2019 and advised 46-48 month processing time. However, have now been told by agent that word is possibly more likely to be 8-10 years as there are approx 170,000 now in the queue! Annual Capping numbers seem to have been reduced also. We are now thinking of going down the 870 route whilst waiting. Just wondering if anyone else had heard the same story.
Old Mar 31st 2022, 8:55 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brisbane_18
Hi, applied for 143 visa September 2019 and advised 46-48 month processing time. However, have now been told by agent that word is possibly more likely to be 8-10 years as there are approx 170,000 now in the queue! Annual Capping numbers seem to have been reduced also. We are now thinking of going down the 870 route whilst waiting. Just wondering if anyone else had heard the same story.
Sounds fairly realistic from what I've read n here and on other forums.
Old Mar 31st 2022, 10:24 am
Just Joined

This may well be true see below

Taken from
https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visa...-release-dates

screenshot taken 31st March 2022.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​​​​​​Parent visas - queue release dates and processing times

The Department continues to process Parent visa applications and is taking disruptions arising from the COVID-19 pandemic into account when considering visa applications.

Further information on Australian Government COVID-19 travel restrictions and information for visa holders is available on the Department’s website at COVID-19 and the border

Queue release dates

As at January 2022, we have released for final processing:
  • Contributory Parent visa applications with a queue date up to June ​2016
  • Parent visa applications with a queue date up to October 2010
  • Aged Parent visa applications with a queue date up to December ​2012​
We update this information only when the latest final processing dates are available.​
Old Mar 31st 2022, 9:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

TeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brisbane_18
The Subclass 143 visas currently being processed have reached applications lodged in June 2016
There has been a slight increase in the quota of parent visas for the next migration year - 6000 (all subclasses of parent visa)
Old Apr 3rd 2022, 6:54 am
Just Joined

Unhappy Re: Contributory Parent Visa

So... if these two numbers are correct - 170,000 in the queue, and 6,000 processed per year - then 28 years to wait.
Old Apr 3rd 2022, 11:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tavro
So... if these two numbers are correct - 170,000 in the queue, and 6,000 processed per year - then 28 years to wait.
The different subclasses within the Parent visas are processed at different speeds depending upon the priorities/quota for each subclass.
Old Apr 9th 2022, 8:19 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.gm-parent-visas.com/visa...me-calculator/

I fear that basing your expectations on what appears on the Department's website is likely to lead to disappointment ...

Best regards.
Old Jan 6th 2023, 5:03 pm
Just Joined

Brisbane_18 is an unknown quantity at this point

So nearly a year down the line & decision has been made to go down 870 route. Sponsorship has been granted & visa almost ready for submission. Just awaiting a few necessary docs to upload. Only thing not sure about is the Private Medical Insurance required. Do I need to arrange policy with eg Bupa now or wait until they ask to see proof of insurance. Any other recommendations apart from Bupa? Any advice greatly appreciated.