Contributory Parent Visa

Old Dec 28th 2005, 8:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Auzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really nice
Default Contributory Parent Visa

Would anyone have any thoughts on if it would be a good idea for my parents to apply for a TR (173) first and then once in Oz apply for a PR or go straight for a PR (143)??

Also, Q36 of the application - My Mum has visited the Doc when over in Oz and claimed some of the payment made to the Doctor back from Medicare, is this what this question is asking? and if so would she have to list each time she has claimed money back??
Old Dec 28th 2005, 10:19 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Contributory Parent Visa

Originally Posted by Auzziebound
Would anyone have any thoughts on if it would be a good idea for my parents to apply for a TR (173) first and then once in Oz apply for a PR or go straight for a PR (143)??
Normally it's best to go straight for PR (143). There are some significant disadvantages with the 173, notably the fact that if something happens to prevent you moving towards 143 within the 2 year period (eg problems with the sponsorship or assurance of support) you're left in a mess.

However there are occasions where it's beneficial to go for the 173, provided you know all the risks. One of the most common is if it's not possible to do an Assurance of Support now, but you know it will be within 2 years. Other reasons concern tax planning.

Can't help with your other question.

Jeremy
Old Jan 1st 2006, 7:22 am
Parent Contr.143

lened is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Contributory Parent Visa

There's a lot to the Visa application but the main ones are how many children does your mum have and where they live . Also if you sponsor her you must be settled in Australia for about two years .If it's less you may have trouble. The assurance of support needs to have two years tax returns (not negotiable) Then there's the fees she will need about £15k to get through it all and pass the medicals. But I don't want to put you off I'm a mum gone to join my daughter and grandchildren and with a bit of help have got through it all in nine months. There's lots of help on this site and the Immi gov site .So good luck