Contrib. Parent visa

Old Mar 24th 2008, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

beattun is just really nicebeattun is just really nicebeattun is just really nicebeattun is just really nicebeattun is just really nicebeattun is just really nicebeattun is just really nicebeattun is just really nice
Default Contrib. Parent visa

Hello peoples,

Just a couple of queries i have, hopefully someone will know,

I posted on here before about bringing my mum over to melbourne due to my dad passing on, and me being her only child, im a PR now.

I have sent her off all the forms to ireland, ive sent her my bit all filled out and shes filled out her bit, once she sends them off, what happens next?

I presume she gets assigned a case officer but does she get a whole new set of forms to fill out?
I was just thinking it all seemed a bit too easy, and there was no questions or Stat decs required of me to explain my employment position or assurance of support etc.

Anybody got a good guess on the timeframe of her getting something back?

Thanks in advance, we have decided not to go down the agent route, as we couldnt find an agent in ireland and she didnt want to just deal with someone by email or phone.

Brian.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 5:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

donovandenese will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Contrib. Parent visa

hi - my mum sent her CPV forms in during November 2007, sponsored by my sister who is PR. Basically there is nothing for either of you to do just now except wait to be assigned a case officer. Once the processing centre receive the forms from you they will take the first payment and send you an acknowledgement letter - then you wait.
Currently they are working on applications from June 2007 - so the wait between acknowledgement and getting a case officer seems to be approx 10 months. Once your mum gets a case officer she will be asked to submit a medical and police checks. At around the same time you will be contacted for an interview with centrelink to verify all your sponsorship information etc.
The only thing you need to remember to do before you get a case officer is to keep the processing centre updated if you or your mum move house.
hope that helps - the waiting is so frustrating!!
Old Mar 24th 2008, 11:26 pm
Forum Regular

beattun is just really nicebeattun is just really nicebeattun is just really nicebeattun is just really nicebeattun is just really nicebeattun is just really nicebeattun is just really nicebeattun is just really nice

Originally Posted by donovandenese
hi - my mum sent her CPV forms in during November 2007, sponsored by my sister who is PR. Basically there is nothing for either of you to do just now except wait to be assigned a case officer. Once the processing centre receive the forms from you they will take the first payment and send you an acknowledgement letter - then you wait.
Currently they are working on applications from June 2007 - so the wait between acknowledgement and getting a case officer seems to be approx 10 months. Once your mum gets a case officer she will be asked to submit a medical and police checks. At around the same time you will be contacted for an interview with centrelink to verify all your sponsorship information etc.
The only thing you need to remember to do before you get a case officer is to keep the processing centre updated if you or your mum move house.
hope that helps - the waiting is so frustrating!!
hi, thanks for that, that kinda clears things up a bit, do you know if thats all there is to it? Like when they finally come back to you and ask for police and medical checks and speak to me about sponsorship, is that all, or do they go asking for stat decs from other people as well?

I dont suppose youve any idea what the timeframe is between assigning a case officer to granting the first visa? (in usual cases, ignoring the current freeze on visa grant)

Thanks again!
and good luck for your mum!
Brian.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 12:33 am
Forum Regular

OzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really nice

My parents are currently stuck in "the freeze!". From day of acknowledgement to getting a CO it was 9 months. BE prepared for a wait, thats all I can say! Patience is the name of the game here!!

They were acknowledge in feb. CO 9 months later in Nov. They got medicals and police checks done as soon as CO asked. I (the sponsor) was asked for AOS mid December which I got sorted within a week and then THE FREEZE. They now have to wait until new financial year (after 1 july) to get a visa!

I believe that they are thinking about (or have already) starting a queing system for the VISAs as demand far outweighs supply! The CPVs will start taking a few months longer now to process which is obviously not good news!

Be patient, easy to say when I am here I know - You`ll get there!
Old Mar 25th 2008, 1:14 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by OzJo
My parents are currently stuck in "the freeze!". From day of acknowledgement to getting a CO it was 9 months. BE prepared for a wait, thats all I can say! Patience is the name of the game here!!

They were acknowledge in feb. CO 9 months later in Nov. They got medicals and police checks done as soon as CO asked. I (the sponsor) was asked for AOS mid December which I got sorted within a week and then THE FREEZE. They now have to wait until new financial year (after 1 july) to get a visa!

I believe that they are thinking about (or have already) starting a queing system for the VISAs as demand far outweighs supply! The CPVs will start taking a few months longer now to process which is obviously not good news!

to be honest neither me nor my mum are daunted by the long wait, ive been through this before to get my spouse visa so i know what is like, but she'll be hanging on it more than anything, at least if we know its gonna take 9 - 10 months, she can send off the forms and then not worry about it, full aware how long itll be, rather than checking the post everyday like a lunatic.

IF there was no freeze, what dya reckon the last phase would take, from medicals, AOS to granting?
Old Mar 25th 2008, 1:28 am
Forum Regular

OzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really nice

Originally Posted by beattun
IF there was no freeze, what dya reckon the last phase would take, from medicals, AOS to granting?
That was 9-10 months JUST for the case officer!!

BEfore the freeze most people were saying 12-15 months from start to granting the visa! Now it will probably end up being 2-3 years I think
Old Mar 25th 2008, 4:51 am
Forum Regular

That was 9-10 months JUST for the case officer!!

BEfore the freeze most people were saying 12-15 months from start to granting the visa! Now it will probably end up being 2-3 years I think
2 - 3 years....my god thats criminal.

and whats more they want to charge you 30 thousand dollars for the privilidge of coming over here and to work and pay tax....

i was only starting to come to terms with the idea of 15 months....
Old Mar 25th 2008, 9:11 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Hi

Just a thought - and a follow up to questions on the general CPV thread - have you thought of checking with DIMA on their repaying the AOS etc until they are ready to start issuing the visas again. As I have said elsewhere, this is like taking money under false pretences and then giving you the goods - ie the visa - at a much later date. I am sure that you would much prefer this money in your account earning interest for many months than sat in the Government account - or am I being naive !

It would also appear that the CPV grant process will now stretch to 2 years plus unless the Immigration Minister ups the annual number in the near future.

Regards

Jim
Old Mar 25th 2008, 9:24 am
BE Enthusiast

home alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nice

COME ON, MINISTER CHRIS EVANS, READ THE CPV THREADS AND SEE HOW DESPERATE WE ARE, PLEASE DON'T KEEP US HANGING AROUND LIKE THIS, YOU WANT OUR FAMILIES TO WORK IN AUS. THEN LET US COME OVER, TO ASSIST THEM IN MAKING A GOOD FUTURE FOR THEM, AND THE COUNTRY OF THEIR CHOICE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (WE ARE NOT ASKING FOR ANY
'FREE RIDES', WE ARE PAYING FOR THE PRIVALAGE, WITH YOUR PERMISSION, TO BE WITH OUR FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!
Old Mar 25th 2008, 11:58 am
BE Enthusiast

donovandenese will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by beattun
2 - 3 years....my god thats criminal.

and whats more they want to charge you 30 thousand dollars for the privilidge of coming over here and to work and pay tax....

i was only starting to come to terms with the idea of 15 months....
a recent article in a migration magazine, written by a migration consultant, says there are currently approx 7000 CPV applications submitted. how long it will take to getting a visa depends alot of the number of visa places for CPV's - which we hope will be announced in the next couple of months.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 12:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jimclevs
Hi

Just a thought - and a follow up to questions on the general CPV thread - have you thought of checking with DIMA on their repaying the AOS etc until they are ready to start issuing the visas again. As I have said elsewhere, this is like taking money under false pretences and then giving you the goods - ie the visa - at a much later date. I am sure that you would much prefer this money in your account earning interest for many months than sat in the Government account - or am I being naive !

It would also appear that the CPV grant process will now stretch to 2 years plus unless the Immigration Minister ups the annual number in the near future.

Regards

Jim
What planet are you on???

I dont care where the money sits. I am gaining interest on it but to be honest I wouldnt care if I wasnt!

IF you ask for the money back, then you have to go through all the AOS again? That will move you back down the queue.

Who in their right mind would do that????
Old Mar 25th 2008, 8:23 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

What planet are you on???

I dont care where the money sits. I am gaining interest on it but to be honest I wouldnt care if I wasnt!

IF you ask for the money back, then you have to go through all the AOS again? That will move you back down the queue.

Who in their right mind would do that????
........ thank you for your generous response I'll stick to the long-running CPV thread in future.

Jim
Old Mar 25th 2008, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jimclevs
........ thank you for your generous response I'll stick to the long-running CPV thread in future.

Jim
Sorry mate but why would you ask for the AOS back and put yourself back down the queue again.
By the time my parents get the CPV is will have been nearly 18 months and I KNOW that they want it asap and not "later!"
Old Mar 27th 2008, 12:45 am
Forum Regular

SJFothe is a jewel in the roughSJFothe is a jewel in the roughSJFothe is a jewel in the roughSJFothe is a jewel in the rough

Hi All
New to the CPV one question Are the fees for the application one payment or would my parents have to pay $30,000+ each? We have been confused by bad advice
Old Mar 27th 2008, 7:17 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SJFothe
Hi All
New to the CPV one question Are the fees for the application one payment or would my parents have to pay $30,000+ each? We have been confused by bad advice
It is around $30,000 each.

G