Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

To contest the result of ACS. Any positive and immediate resul?

To contest the result of ACS. Any positive and immediate resul?

Old Jun 25th 2014, 9:18 am
Just Joined

Hellomaggie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default To contest the result of ACS. Any positive and immediate resul?

Current ACS skills assessment result was NOT closely related to my husband's nominated job 261311 Analyst Programmer as per CO's remmendation. We would like to apply for a review for the following reason-ANZCO code was suggested by previos CO and that we have just agreed to him and was approved by that ANZCO code wayback 2011. Hubby worked with company A as Supervising Analyst for 12 years dominates that he should assessed by that ANZCO. For his company B, he worked for more than 2 years, 2 months of that was analyst job the rest remaining was Procurement Architect. Company B refused to issue detailed job description as job reference instead issued a certification to proved for an employment for confidentiality reason. We did not submit statutory declaration for it may not help his application to approved him of Analyst job for company B job position was Procurement Architect CO suggested 262113 System Administrator or 263212 ICT Support Engineer which were not listed nor included in SOL or CSOL that may prevent us from applying a visa. After our first application approved as Analyst Programmer there was no following application nominated to any ANZCO except that of 261311. Presently we uploaded to our CO our previous skills assessment result so he/she may have reference. Any input? Anyone got positive result approved with related with our case from ACS? Please i need advise to continue our application. Thank u in advance
Old Jun 25th 2014, 10:31 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: To contest the result of ACS. Any positive and immediate resul?

Originally Posted by Hellomaggie
Current ACS skills assessment result was NOT closely related to my husband's nominated job 261311 Analyst Programmer as per CO's remmendation. We would like to apply for a review for the following reason-ANZCO code was suggested by previos CO and that we have just agreed to him and was approved by that ANZCO code wayback 2011. Hubby worked with company A as Supervising Analyst for 12 years dominates that he should assessed by that ANZCO. For his company B, he worked for more than 2 years, 2 months of that was analyst job the rest remaining was Procurement Architect. Company B refused to issue detailed job description as job reference instead issued a certification to proved for an employment for confidentiality reason. We did not submit statutory declaration for it may not help his application to approved him of Analyst job for company B job position was Procurement Architect CO suggested 262113 System Administrator or 263212 ICT Support Engineer which were not listed nor included in SOL or CSOL that may prevent us from applying a visa. After our first application approved as Analyst Programmer there was no following application nominated to any ANZCO except that of 261311. Presently we uploaded to our CO our previous skills assessment result so he/she may have reference. Any input? Anyone got positive result approved with related with our case from ACS? Please i need advise to continue our application. Thank u in advance
I'm confused - you had a positive assessment as Analyst programmer but have reapplied for another assessment as analyst programmer?
Old Jun 25th 2014, 8:17 pm
Just Joined

old.sparkles, yes in 2011 my husband does then it expires after 2years validity because we decided to discontinue our interest to migrate due to hubby's failure to get our target IELTS that time. He took twice got 6.0 but we need 7.0. I think he wasn't that determined to get to Oz that year. Then a friend of ours came, her family now an Australian citizen, just recently they took their oath convinced us to give it another try for the second time around and we did so my hubby prepares his requirement for skills assessment in ACS. After waiting for weeks to came out the result our CO get back to stage 3 status and our problem starts he told that our nominated ANZCO 261311 Analyst Programmer was not related to my hubby's job description based on his assessment. We thought how come it was since there was an issued result in 2011. Btw. on the time we apply online to ACS we are thinking we have to sent them the old skill assessment result so they may have the basis why we choose that ANZCO code but i told my husband to let the CO who will be handling our application to decide to assessed his skills assessment result follows the previous but to our BIG disappointment it was not goes the way we think...sigh! since that 2011 application to ACS there wasn't any application submitted to them as my hubby's job description wasn't assessed to any other ANZCO code yet except to that Analyst Programmer.

Last edited by Hellomaggie; Jun 25th 2014 at 8:22 pm.
Old Jun 26th 2014, 9:14 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

old.sparkles, yes in 2011 my husband does then it expires after 2years validity because we decided to discontinue our interest to migrate due to hubby's failure to get our target IELTS that time. He took twice got 6.0 but we need 7.0. I think he wasn't that determined to get to Oz that year. Then a friend of ours came, her family now an Australian citizen, just recently they took their oath convinced us to give it another try for the second time around and we did so my hubby prepares his requirement for skills assessment in ACS. After waiting for weeks to came out the result our CO get back to stage 3 status and our problem starts he told that our nominated ANZCO 261311 Analyst Programmer was not related to my hubby's job description based on his assessment. We thought how come it was since there was an issued result in 2011. Btw. on the time we apply online to ACS we are thinking we have to sent them the old skill assessment result so they may have the basis why we choose that ANZCO code but i told my husband to let the CO who will be handling our application to decide to assessed his skills assessment result follows the previous but to our BIG disappointment it was not goes the way we think...sigh! since that 2011 application to ACS there wasn't any application submitted to them as my hubby's job description wasn't assessed to any other ANZCO code yet except to that Analyst Programmer.
So the reason for the current refusal is that your husbands job does not match analyst programmer. Does his job actually match? Have you checked the job description on the ACS site to see if that is the correct code?
Old Jun 26th 2014, 1:28 pm
Just Joined

My husband did checked it and he said few of occupational description on ACS are almost closely related. When i have examined it myself i agree with him but i don't perfectly know the scope of my husband job in his office, of course i did not go through with his work before nor exprience it. The only thing we question there is their consistency in assessing applicant like that what happen to our skills assessment. The old assessment was Analyst Programmer and then few years we came back to have my hubby job for assessment it was now closely related to another ANZCO and no longer the old ANZCO...sigh! I have checked few hours hubby's email co'z he can't do it for any reason. Ms. CO let us choose if any of her recommendation and told us both she recommended were listed in CSOL in the ACS website. I asked her to provide us the CSOL link she was talking so i may view it then decide what ANZCO should we pick but i am afraid those ANZCO codes she was refering wasn't listed in CSOL of DIBP that will prevent us from applying a visa co'z it was not open(the job) for migration. We just wanted to see first before we choose but if those ANZCO was not in DIBP CSOL list we will take our stand to choose our old ANZCO to where we already have proof that it was more related co'z why ACS issue before a favorable result to our behalf when its not applicable for us now?7

Last edited by Hellomaggie; Jun 26th 2014 at 1:45 pm. Reason: skipping/inserting words upon typing coz i think too much but hand could not go together
Old Jun 26th 2014, 1:35 pm
Just Joined

I may add ACS website of job description does not have any guaranty that you can apply got a visa because it is just a reference both for applicants and ACS themself whereas CSOL list of occupation of DIBP does because it was complete listing of job needed in Australia where gives us hope for possible migration.
Old Jun 26th 2014, 8:02 pm

My husband did checked it and he said few of occupational description on ACS are almost closely related. When i have examined it myself i agree with him but i don't perfectly know the scope of my husband job in his office, of course i did not go through with his work before nor exprience it. The only thing we question there is their consistency in assessing applicant like that what happen to our skills assessment. The old assessment was Analyst Programmer and then few years we came back to have my hubby job for assessment it was now closely related to another ANZCO and no longer the old ANZCO...sigh! I have checked few hours hubby's email co'z he can't do it for any reason. Ms. CO let us choose if any of her recommendation and told us both she recommended were listed in CSOL in the ACS website. I asked her to provide us the CSOL link she was talking so i may view it then decide what ANZCO should we pick but i am afraid those ANZCO codes she was refering wasn't listed in CSOL of DIBP that will prevent us from applying a visa co'z it was not open(the job) for migration. We just wanted to see first before we choose but if those ANZCO was not in DIBP CSOL list we will take our stand to choose our old ANZCO to where we already have proof that it was more related co'z why ACS issue before a favorable result to our behalf when its not applicable for us now?7
I may add ACS website of job description does not have any guaranty that you can apply got a visa because it is just a reference both for applicants and ACS themself whereas CSOL list of occupation of DIBP does because it was complete listing of job needed in Australia where gives us hope for possible migration.
I agree, a lot of the job descriptions are similar. I cannot explain why one CO thinks your husbands work is Analyst Programmer, and another thinks differently. I assume you submitted the same references for both applications. Are you appealing the negative result or is the assessment still ongoing?

The CSOL is here - http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...n/pdf/csol.pdf - both of the other occupation codes you previously mentioned are on the CSOL on page 10
Old Jun 27th 2014, 5:41 am
Just Joined

Assessment is still on going. Ms. CO replied yesterday which are we going to choose between our old ANZCO approved in 2011 Analyst Programmer or her recommended ANZCO codes. We requested her to provide us the link she said in ACS website. I know of course it was listed in ACS website but how about in DIBP CSOL listing. I have checked those earlier and sad to say it was not listed so how can we apply for a visa? If my gut feeling was right that the link Ms. CO provides was an ACS website link for her ANZCO codes. We will take our stand to continue her assessment to ANZCO where ACS approved to us few years back. We will claim Analyst Programmer us the ANZCO exact for my hubby's job description.
Old Jun 27th 2014, 6:21 am
Just Joined

Yes, exactly old.sparkles that was also we were thinking how the CO's in ACS assessed us in different ANZCO codes. While we submitted the same references. Please notice this : First assessment- Company A only, 11 years Supervising Analyst---- ACS outcome as Analyst Programmer-Approved! Second assessment Company A, more than 12 years Supervising Analyst then Company B employed now 2 months Associate Manager-Analyst job. 2 years remaining Procurement Architect in IT by project basis----ACS outcome NOT related to Analyst Programmer...how come? CO suggested Systems Administrator and ICT Support Engineer as related ANZCO. If her recommendation she based on my project on my company right now which company B it was not reasonable to based her assessment to not to approved Analyst Programmer on our end coz it was only 2 years old how about my past experiences against 2 years which is far more longer? Most of my employed years i work as Analyst and she assessed my husband as different. Where did she based her assessment?
Old Jun 27th 2014, 8:48 am

The occupations have an ANZSCO code - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations.

Did you check the duties against those described for the different occupations - is Analyst programmer the best fit, or is the work something different.

Isn't it better to get a successful outcome in an occupation suggested rather that sticking to the Analyst Programmer and risking a negative outcome?
Old Jun 27th 2014, 8:51 am
Slow & Steady

ekhfaiz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I think due to SOL/CSOL updates the new ICT categories were added. This has resulted in difference of opinion of CO from earlier assessment to the current one. I think both COs might not be wrong in their understanding. So my suggestion would be to look for which ANZSCO code applies more appropriately as per the current job descriptions available. The one which is more appropriate go by that one.
Old Jun 27th 2014, 11:05 am
Just Joined

@old.sparkles and @ehkfaiz, you mean we can nominate ANZCO in SOL or CSOL of DIBP closely related to my hubby's job description other than of Ms. CO's ANZCO codes recommendation? Ms CO's suggested ANZCO codes were not listed in DIBP/CSOL/SOL meaning even if the assessment result turns suitable we cannot apply for a visa.
Old Jun 27th 2014, 6:50 pm

@old.sparkles and @ehkfaiz, you mean we can nominate ANZCO in SOL or CSOL of DIBP closely related to my hubby's job description other than of Ms. CO's ANZCO codes recommendation? Ms CO's suggested ANZCO codes were not listed in DIBP/CSOL/SOL meaning even if the assessment result turns suitable we cannot apply for a visa.
As I already said, the codes suggested by your CO are on the CSOL but not the SOL. Check page 10 of the link given.
Old Jun 28th 2014, 6:30 am
Just Joined

Whew! i was relieved. I thought ANZCO codes 262113 Systems Administrator and ICT Support Engineer wasn't listed in DIBP/CSOL recommended by CO. Honestly, i just looked those ANZCO codes in page 3 of CSOL only. Thinking there was no longer ICT job listing down in page 10 Thank u so much old.sparkles. Our problem was solved
Old Jun 28th 2014, 7:12 am

Whew! i was relieved. I thought ANZCO codes 262113 Systems Administrator and ICT Support Engineer wasn't listed in DIBP/CSOL recommended by CO. Honestly, i just looked those ANZCO codes in page 3 of CSOL only. Thinking there was no longer ICT job listing down in page 10 Thank u so much old.sparkles. Our problem was solved
As both other occupations are CSOL only, you will need some sort of sponsorship, state being easiest (190 visa - you will have to check which states sponsor those though)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.