Contacting employer during 176 process?

Old Sep 14th 2010, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

stuartsummers1980 has a spectacular aura aboutstuartsummers1980 has a spectacular aura aboutstuartsummers1980 has a spectacular aura about
Default Contacting employer during 176 process?

Hi all,

does anyone know if at any point during the 176 application process DIAC ever need to contact an employer? My partner is currently in a role where they know all about Aus and while there she got the assessment all sorted, but is contemplating a change of role while we wait for the SMP's to get sorted but of course wouldn't want the new employer to know anything about our Aus plans. Anyone know the answer?

Thanks.
Old Sep 14th 2010, 10:10 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Contacting employer during 176 process?

Originally Posted by stuartsummers1980
Hi all,

does anyone know if at any point during the 176 application process DIAC ever need to contact an employer? My partner is currently in a role where they know all about Aus and while there she got the assessment all sorted, but is contemplating a change of role while we wait for the SMP's to get sorted but of course wouldn't want the new employer to know anything about our Aus plans. Anyone know the answer?

Thanks.
Yes. DIAC can contact your employer to confirm the statements you made and references you gave are true. They try to be discreet but it's something they must do in order to ensure what people claim is the truth.
Old Sep 15th 2010, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

stuartsummers1980 has a spectacular aura aboutstuartsummers1980 has a spectacular aura aboutstuartsummers1980 has a spectacular aura about

Thanks Dorothy. Do you put references to work etc in your visa application then? Or are you referring to DIAC making follow up enquiries in respect to what's in your assessment? As if you mean assessment then that wouldn't matter as that relates to the present or past whereas my concern would be a potential future job, relevant at the point of visa application.

Thanks
Old Sep 15th 2010, 11:52 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Dorothy. Do you put references to work etc in your visa application then? Or are you referring to DIAC making follow up enquiries in respect to what's in your assessment? As if you mean assessment then that wouldn't matter as that relates to the present or past whereas my concern would be a potential future job, relevant at the point of visa application.

Thanks
Yes, you have to include references in your application. DIAC also does workplace checks to ensure that the references are genuine and not written by your best bud.
Old Sep 15th 2010, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

U Jay is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Thanks.
I have applied for "176" and YES they verified my job first form me and than form my employer too.