Wikiposts

Confussed Already!!

Old Jan 2nd 2008, 2:48 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Confussed Already!!

Originally Posted by Beccie
Sorry to barge in but I went to the local police station filled out a form produced my passport, drivers licence and utility bill paid £10 and they said thats it done should be back in 40 days was this the right form? :curse:

Confused now cause it was soooooooooo easy HELP

Only over 16's needed this one
Sounds right. They send it off to New Scotland Yard and it will come back from them. They promise to have it back inside 40 days but if you have a really really common name it 'could' take a bit longer.
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 2:49 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Sounds right. They send it off to New Scotland Yard and it will come back from them. They promise to have it back inside 40 days but if you have a really really common name it 'could' take a bit longer.
They have to respond within 40 days, no excuses.
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 5:22 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ
They have to respond within 40 days, no excuses.
Yes sir, sorry sir.
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 3:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Nickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of light

We got ours back in 28 days....i know cos i was marking the days off on the calender..lol.
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 7:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
That's a relief - it was me who advised Beccie to go direct to the cop shop.
Old Jan 4th 2008, 5:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Beccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Fly Away
That's a relief - it was me who advised Beccie to go direct to the cop shop.
Sorry Flyaway you know what its like reading through this you think omg have I got it right.

:curse:
Old Jan 4th 2008, 5:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry Flyaway you know what its like reading through this you think omg have I got it right.

:curse:
That's OK - I was just worried I had given you the wrong advice. I did ask the cop on the desk 3 times if this was the correct form for Oz visas. LOL
Old Jan 4th 2008, 8:33 am
Just Joined

seandebbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Police checks - we have just downloaded our subject access forms for our area, we havent applied for our visa's yet. If we go and get the police check done now prior to applying for the visa's, will the police check's still be valid - how long does the police check stay valid for as it could be sometime before we send off our visa application?

I'm originally from Rep of Ireland but have been living in the UK for the last 5 years - do you know if i will need to get a police check done for the Rep of Ireland as well?
Old Jan 4th 2008, 8:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Beccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to all

Originally Posted by seandebbie
Police checks - we have just downloaded our subject access forms for our area, we havent applied for our visa's yet. If we go and get the police check done now prior to applying for the visa's, will the police check's still be valid - how long does the police check stay valid for as it could be sometime before we send off our visa application?

I'm originally from Rep of Ireland but have been living in the UK for the last 5 years - do you know if i will need to get a police check done for the Rep of Ireland as well?
As far as I'm aware they only last 12 months so I would wait unitl your ready to submit application for the visa.
Old Jan 4th 2008, 10:22 pm
Just Joined

seandebbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Beccie - However can you tell me if i need a police check from the Republic of Ireland or just were i currently live full-time?
Old Jan 4th 2008, 10:26 pm
Mrs Angry!

debbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud of

OMG....I have managed to do a visa application, but find it impossible to complete a police check form!

There are too many tick boxes....which one do I tick....all?

Section 1b
PNC Conviction History

Options are: Manual infromation (eg Microfilm)
OR
Computer Information

Someone please help!

Debs
Old Jan 5th 2008, 12:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Beccie - However can you tell me if i need a police check from the Republic of Ireland or just were i currently live full-time?
We had to supply the last 10 years addresses and they send it to a central point to be cleared in England not sure if it covers Ireland though just ask them in the your local police station.

Its handy as they tend to be open until late and all weekend, we did ours on a bank holiday.

Good luck
Old Jan 5th 2008, 12:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by debbie222
OMG....I have managed to do a visa application, but find it impossible to complete a police check form!

There are too many tick boxes....which one do I tick....all?

Section 1b
PNC Conviction History

Options are: Manual infromation (eg Microfilm)
OR
Computer Information

Someone please help!

Debs
Debs

Go to your local police station its much easier and the form is so simple just 2 A4 pages and you only need to supply addresses and personal detail, they verify your documents as well in fact if you take your passport, driving licence and a utility bill and you could complete it there and then. It costs £10 each.

Hope this helps

Beccie
Old Jan 5th 2008, 1:15 am
Crazy Cat Lady

We had to supply the last 10 years addresses and they send it to a central point to be cleared in England not sure if it covers Ireland though just ask them in the your local police station.

Its handy as they tend to be open until late and all weekend, we did ours on a bank holiday.

Good luck
If you lived in the Republic of Ireland for more than 12 months (11 to be safe - they can get arsey) you will need to get a police check from there. New Scotland Yard wouldn't cover it - different country and all that.
Old Jan 5th 2008, 1:59 am
Mrs Angry!

debbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud of

Debs

Go to your local police station its much easier and the form is so simple just 2 A4 pages and you only need to supply addresses and personal detail, they verify your documents as well in fact if you take your passport, driving licence and a utility bill and you could complete it there and then. It costs £10 each.

Hope this helps

Beccie
Beccie

Many thanks, I'll do that!

Debs

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.