Confussed Already!!

Old Dec 28th 2007, 12:02 pm
Just Joined

fryertuck is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Confussed Already!!

Have been asked to get police checks done by my agency and have found what i thought was the correct form to download and take to my local police station with the £10 admin fee....but the front cover of the form states "

Police forces within the United Kingdom DO NOT issue documents variously described as ‘certificates of good conduct’
or ‘Police clearance certificates’, nor do they provide other evidence of good character. It should, therefore, be noted
that the exercise of your rights under the subject access provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998, will NOT provide
you with a certificate of this nature."

Is this not the correct form I need to fill in and take with me?

Any help appreciated.
Cheers
Old Dec 28th 2007, 12:06 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Confussed Already!!

The form you want is called the Subject Access form. What county are you in?
Old Dec 28th 2007, 12:09 pm
Just Joined

Im in the UK
Old Dec 28th 2007, 12:11 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fryertuck
Im in the UK
lol yes I know, I said what County
Old Dec 28th 2007, 12:13 pm
Just Joined

oops sorry...Lincolnshire LOL
Old Dec 28th 2007, 12:20 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

Just been on your police HQ site and can't see it but not all the county HQ's offer them online. This is the Herts one, have a look at either option and if it looks the same then you have the right one.

http://www.herts.police.uk/subject_a...ion%20form.htm

Good luck.
Old Dec 28th 2007, 12:21 pm
Just Joined

Many thanks for your help, will have a look now and compare.

Cheers Chris.
Old Dec 28th 2007, 12:26 pm
Just Joined

Yes the forms are virtually identical, the only big difference is that the Lincolnshire form does not mention "Subject Access Form" just the Data Protection Act 1998 LOL nothing is simple in Lincoln!! :curse:

Many thanks again.
Old Dec 28th 2007, 12:31 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

God forbid it's straight forward
Old Dec 28th 2007, 12:38 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fryertuck
Yes the forms are virtually identical, the only big difference is that the Lincolnshire form does not mention "Subject Access Form" just the Data Protection Act 1998 LOL nothing is simple in Lincoln!! :curse:

Many thanks again.
Moneypen, you're too good Yes, thats the right form.
You don't get a certificate of Good Conduct cos the police won't comment on your conduct, the only thing they will comment on is your criminal record - whether you have one or not.
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 3:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, I am just in the process of getting this info sorted so can be ahead for when the visa application goes in.

Am I right in thinking that, as I have lived in both Cheshire and Merseyside, I need to apply to both forces?

Thanks,
Ren.
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 3:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RenShen
Hi, I am just in the process of getting this info sorted so can be ahead for when the visa application goes in.

Am I right in thinking that, as I have lived in both Cheshire and Merseyside, I need to apply to both forces?

Thanks,
Ren.
Sorry, also meant to ask, the kids are 8 & 13. Do they need one?
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 6:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RenShen

Thanks,
Ren.
No, you only need one for the UK - it will in any case be forwarded to London for them to deal with. Apply to the force for the area in which you are currently living.
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 8:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for that. Have downloaded the form so will do it tomorrow. Another tick on the list!
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 8:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Beccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to all

Sorry to barge in but I went to the local police station filled out a form produced my passport, drivers licence and utility bill paid £10 and they said thats it done should be back in 40 days was this the right form? :curse:

Confused now cause it was soooooooooo easy HELP

Only over 16's needed this one

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.