Confused with online free assessment?

Old Feb 4th 2008, 11:24 am
Forum Regular

angel659 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Confused with online free assessment?

Hiya

I received any email from another agent saying that my husband had to finish all his CIMA studies before applying for a visa.

However, Visa Bureau online free assessment said that my husband had 125points.

Criteria Points *
Nominated Occupation (Accountant) 60
Age (30) 25
English Language Ability (Native English speaker (educated to secondary school/trade certificate level)) 15
Occupational Experience 10
Occupation in Demand (MODL) 15
Australian Qualifications 0
Partner Points 0
Sponsor Points 0
Other Bonus Points 0
Your total points 125

My husband is a Accountant, but is only Certificate level in CIMA. From the understanding we have my husband would have to study Australia's professional accounting qualifications. I was thinking is there any point as to whether we should finish his studies here or there?

My husband would be studying the intermediate level. This is equivalent to Diploma? Does anyone have any advice? I am really confused. I have requested a call back, but was wondering if anyone had any advice beforehand.

Many thanks
Old Feb 4th 2008, 12:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

pacey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Confused with online free assessment?

Sounds as if it would be to do with the skills assessment and not the points system, so you would need to check which assessing authority deals with accountancy qualifications, and what their criteria is.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

Sue McK is a jewel in the roughSue McK is a jewel in the roughSue McK is a jewel in the roughSue McK is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Confused with online free assessment?

Hi Angel659
To qualify under assessment as an accountant and gain 60 points for occupation he must be assessed as having a qualification equivalent to Aus degree, if he does not have a degree they will not recognise part qualification he will not get a positive skill assessment, if he does have a degree he may be able to be assessed on this, but may have problems fulfilling the requirement for experience.
If you look in the section for accountants, you will see other threads along the same line.
Or speak to a good agent, they will be able to clarify the situation.
Cheers
Sue