Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Confused on family docs for skilled sponsored

Confused on family docs for skilled sponsored

Old Oct 5th 2005, 10:53 am
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Confused on family docs for skilled sponsored

We are confused over exactly which documents are needed from which family members for a our visa application, and don't want to hassle of asking several times, and having serveral trips for certifying docs.

OK family tree, with surnames

Wife's Uncle ( PR in OZ since 60's)
Born X, Still X

Wife's Mother. 3 Name changes
Born X, married Y , Divoiced, remarried Z, widowed.

Wife.
Born Y, Still Y

Me, Kids
Born A, Still A

So whos, and which docs
Birth Certs, Marriage, divoice, death, passports etc...
Old Oct 5th 2005, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

Teri is a jewel in the roughTeri is a jewel in the roughTeri is a jewel in the roughTeri is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Confused on family docs for skilled sponsored

Can see that you are in IT.

1. Full birth Certificate for Wifes Uncle.
2. Full birth certificate for Wifes mother showing that she and uncle above both have same mother and father.
3. Wifes full birth certificate to show that above mother = wifes mother.

4. Your full birth certificate to show that you are who you say you are.
5. Kids full birth certificate to show that you and wife are the parents.
6. Your full marriage certificate to show that you are married to the wife that has the uncle and mother above :-)

That is just to prove the sponsorship aspect.
Old Oct 5th 2005, 11:56 am
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by datamile
We are confused over exactly which documents are needed from which family members for a our visa application, and don't want to hassle of asking several times, and having serveral trips for certifying docs.

OK family tree, with surnames

Born X, Still X

Born X, married Y , Divoiced, remarried Z, widowed.

Wife.
Born Y, Still Y

Me, Kids
Born A, Still A

So whos, and which docs
Birth Certs, Marriage, divoice, death, passports etc...
Bloody hell - after reading this, you're not the only one confused!
JAJ may be able to clarify but I'd include all documents that demonstrate the relationship link. I'd also also make sure the family tree that you draw details all the above.

Born X, Still X - birth certificate should suffice

Born X, married Y , Divoiced, remarried Z, widowed - birth and marriage certificate to Y.

Wife.
Born Y, Still Y - Birth certificate

Me, Kids
Born A, Still A - birth certificates should suffice plus your marriage cert

Rgds,
Nicky

Last edited by Nicky & Dave; Oct 5th 2005 at 11:58 am. Reason: missed abit out
Old Oct 5th 2005, 1:18 pm
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

Agent wants everyones passports, and wife's mother birth, all marriage, divoice certs.

Being recently widowed we don't want to harrass her for previous marriage and divoice certs, not even sure why we need her passport details
Old Oct 5th 2005, 3:56 pm
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by datamile
Agent wants everyones passports, and wife's mother birth, all marriage, divoice certs.

Being recently widowed we don't want to harrass her for previous marriage and divoice certs, not even sure why we need her passport details
Seems abit excessive - I'd try explaining the sensitivity of current situation to your agent and ask them what documents are absolutely necessary, and whether others are 'nice to have'.

Nicky