Confused about frontloading! HELP!

Old Jun 13th 2006, 10:18 pm
Back in OZ!

ElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Confused about frontloading! HELP!

Ok...confused here!!

My Partner's visa application (47SP and 40SP) have not been sent off yet - we're still waiting on his police clearance & stat decs to come back from friends...so we're a way off yet.

I thought front loading, meant he could have his meds now and then they'd be sent off to DIMA and then when we sent his application, they'd marry the 2 up BUT this is where I am confused.

I have read stuff on here about meds going missing etc because you don't have a file number.

So what do we do???? I am hoping someone who has been through the whole spouse visa thing, can help.

What would the address be for the drs to send the meds and xrays to? We're applying through Australia house London arn't we? I am seeing ppl sending meds to Australia, so now I am even more confused.

HELP!
Old Jun 13th 2006, 11:24 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Confused about frontloading! HELP!

Originally Posted by ElshaUK
Ok...confused here!!

My Partner's visa application (47SP and 40SP) have not been sent off yet - we're still waiting on his police clearance & stat decs to come back from friends...so we're a way off yet.

I thought front loading, meant he could have his meds now and then they'd be sent off to DIMA and then when we sent his application, they'd marry the 2 up BUT this is where I am confused.

I have read stuff on here about meds going missing etc because you don't have a file number.

So what do we do???? I am hoping someone who has been through the whole spouse visa thing, can help.

What would the address be for the drs to send the meds and xrays to? We're applying through Australia house London arn't we? I am seeing ppl sending meds to Australia, so now I am even more confused.

HELP!
Meds for most visas go to Australia.

However, when you get your Meds done, make sure the doctor knows that its for a Spouse Visa, and that they are to go to the Aus High Commission in London - NOT to Australia!! You won't have a file number because you are front loading.
Old Jun 13th 2006, 11:29 pm
Back in OZ!

ElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Meds for most visas go to Australia.

However, when you get your Meds done, make sure the doctor knows that its for a Spouse Visa, and that they are to go to the Aus High Commission in London - NOT to Australia!! You won't have a file number because you are front loading.
Thanks Pollyana

I have been reading so many 'frontloading' archived threads, my head is exploding. It seems there are some Drs who will give back the medicals and xrays for the applicants to send in with their application.

I am going to make sure the Drs. know to send to Australian High Commission as I don't want to run into any trouble.

As I said, OH has only just applied for his police clearance so will give it another few weeks until his application is nearly ready to lodge before sorting his medicals out.

Does this sound like the best method?
Old Jun 13th 2006, 11:48 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ElshaUK
Thanks Pollyana

I have been reading so many 'frontloading' archived threads, my head is exploding. It seems there are some Drs who will give back the medicals and xrays for the applicants to send in with their application.

I am going to make sure the Drs. know to send to Australian High Commission as I don't want to run into any trouble.

As I said, OH has only just applied for his police clearance so will give it another few weeks until his application is nearly ready to lodge before sorting his medicals out.

Does this sound like the best method?
Sounds good to me! I know when I got mine the doctors were willing to hand over the Meds to be sent with the applicaton. I think fewer of them do that now, but as long as they know its for London there won't be a problem - less applications going through there, for one thing, and for another, they are used to front loaded spouse visas, so its easier to match meds to application.
Old Jun 14th 2006, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

Briz-chick has a brilliant futureBriz-chick has a brilliant futureBriz-chick has a brilliant futureBriz-chick has a brilliant futureBriz-chick has a brilliant futureBriz-chick has a brilliant future

My husband had his meds done at Harley St doctor in London a few weeks before we sent his temp spouse application off. The chest xray was done around the corner. Make sure you ring a few doctors as they costs vary immensley!

They sent his meds to the Aust High Commission in London for us - just charged about £10 for a courier fee.