Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Confused 175 visa CSL or state sponsered visa

Confused 175 visa CSL or state sponsered visa

Old Feb 21st 2009, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

punoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to all
Unhappy Confused 175 visa CSL or state sponsered visa

Hello All,

We applied for 175 visa 2231-79 in Sep08 which is in CSL now.
I read in one thread that 175 applied in 2008 might not get their visa as government will cut down the visa grant.

Our occupation is in Skilled sponsored occupation list of QLD (thts where we want to be) and other states too.
The thing is we would like to get 175 as we will be free to start a job anywhere we want...rather wherever a job is offered! But if we take a state sponsored visa we will be stuck to that area..job or no job!

Is it true that 175 applied later in 2008 might not get their visa!!! I am very scared .....if this is the case than we will apply for the state sponsored visa! We waited for so many years to apply and were happy to atlast do it but getting so confused now.
Any help will be appreciated! Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 21st 2009, 2:26 pm
Forum Regular

danbradb1987 will become famous soon enoughdanbradb1987 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Confused 175 visa CSL or state sponsered visa

i have applied for state sponsership in perth, following info given from expats. i thought that you could just apply for work any where in the state that has sponsered you. in my case WA. if anyone else could clarify this i would be gratefull too?
Old Feb 21st 2009, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

wolkenwalker is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by punoo
Hello All,

I read in one thread that 175 applied in 2008 might not get their visa as government will cut down the visa grant.
Do you have the link?
These are not good news!
I can't imagine, but who konws!
Old Feb 21st 2009, 3:13 pm
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

Hello All,

Our occupation is in Skilled sponsored occupation list of QLD (thts where we want to be) and other states too.
The thing is we would like to get 175 as we will be free to start a job anywhere we want...rather wherever a job is offered! But if we take a state sponsored visa we will be stuck to that area..job or no job!

Is it true that 175 applied later in 2008 might not get their visa!!! I am very scared .....if this is the case than we will apply for the state sponsored visa! We waited for so many years to apply and were happy to atlast do it but getting so confused now.
Any help will be appreciated! Thanks in advance.
I (guess) that as you're occ is on the CSL then you'll be absolutely fine. I have not applied yet but as my occ is on the CSL, I think it''ll be ok.

Which thread and post have you been looking at. I would think that's possible regarding non CSL and Non MODL applications.

Cooler
Old Feb 21st 2009, 3:39 pm
Forum Regular

punoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to all

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=592927

May be i am panicking!!!
Old Feb 21st 2009, 4:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

eurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to all

If you are eligible for state sponsorship and you want to have your visa processed earliest as possible you should try to change to 176, however (reality check):

I think you are panicking. Capping is just a rumour at this time and even then, the amount of CSL applicants up to January 2009 makes up less than 25% of the total number of applicants for 175/176 (statistically).

As you are on the CSL and will get priority processing, and I guess you assumed a wait of about a year at the time you lodged your application.

It should be clear that even even if they run out of their quota for the current financial year, the new financial year starts July 2009 and should cover all remaining applicants (if any, which I do not believe, see my reply on the post you linked to) in that group. So I am convinced that your (and mine) visa application will be processed quicker than originally thought at time of application. And if that is the case... just sit tight as indeed 175 is better than 176.