confused????

Old Jul 16th 2003, 8:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default confused????

hi guys
we need some help!!!! we are currently waiting for the TRA to assess hubbys trade, and we're thinking of going to Brisbane, surrounding areas then last night we notice that Go Matilda had posted that Victoria desperately need plasterers!!!
our quandry is, if, no when hubby's assessment comes back do we try for Brisbane and have to pay the investment bond or do we opt for Victoria? also what does the SNTI entail??? will we have to wait on the skills matching for 2 years? or is it a quick process?
please someone reply with any advice
regards
rach
Old Jul 16th 2003, 8:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Would also be interested in this reply as my partners job description is also on the list for Victoria.

So many decisions ??????????//

footie chick

Good luck Rach another obstacle for you to overcome. Keep the faith!

xxx
Old Jul 16th 2003, 8:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by footie chick
Would also be interested in this reply as my partners job description is also on the list for Victoria.

So many decisions ??????????//

footie chick

Good luck Rach another obstacle for you to overcome. Keep the faith!

xxx
Hello Footie Chick!
mmm, worth thinking about isn't it? just so unsure now! having never been to Oz we are happy to settle wherever the work is and Victoria need plasterer's! just need to know the ins and outs etc!
good luck with your obstacles!
by the way what does your partner do?
regards
rach x
Old Jul 16th 2003, 8:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Rach

We have applied under ` Electronic equipment tradesperson`. Have looked into Melbourne as someone from this site has provided me with many links and have found some suitable housing and also education there looks brill.

I don`t know really our app is already in so i am not sure what areas we could follow now. If any one out there does know i would be most greatful.

Keep in touch Rach and let me know your decisions

fc xx
Old Jul 16th 2003, 10:44 pm
Forum Regular

Mark Webster is on a distinguished road

Rach,

If you do opt for STNI, the application is likely to come through significantly faster than a normal independent application, as such applications are processed on a priority basis. You pretty much get the request for health and character almost immediately, providing the basic requirements are met.

In most cases, no job offer is required to complete the process. Sometimes you would need a job offer to get a nomination from the state government, but DIMIA does not require a job offer to grant you an STNI visa.

If you receive nomination from Victoria, you would be required to reside in Victoria for the first 2 years of your stay in Australia.

Hope this helps,