Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

concerns about offshore applicant undergoing onshore medical

concerns about offshore applicant undergoing onshore medical

Old Nov 26th 2007, 4:46 am
Just Joined

trevinoz will become famous soon enough
Default concerns about offshore applicant undergoing onshore medical

Hello all fellow applicants

I would really appreciate some advice.
We have applied for a 136 modl visa i am the primary applicant. my wife and I are currently living in Perth on a 457 visa and we are both working We have frontloaded our medicals. We went to the HSA office here in perth to have them done. I was given my sealed envelope which i have still got. My wifes medical was reffered due to a back pain caused in a car crash 4 years ago. Apart from the intial time in hospital and the subsequent recovery time she takes pain killers as and when required, she has not had any time off work due to this problem. Hsa office have sent the medicals to Aspc and would not tell us anything about them they said that immigration would let us know. I phoned ASPC last week and they told us to hold on to our sealed envelopes and if the case officer needed them they would ask. Is there anything we could do to find out if she passed her medical. Hsa told us if the doctor needed any more information he would contact us he didnt. So is this a good thing or a bad thing? do you have to have a visa grant to say that the medicals are good or a visa refusal to say they were not good? We dont have a case officer yet and this has really put a spanner in the works regarding a fairley straight forward application.

Thanks for reading
Trev