Communicating visa status on cover letter

Old Mar 22nd 2016, 7:24 pm
Just Joined

jago25_98 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Communicating visa status on cover letter

How do you best communicate immigration visa status to an employer.

I wanted to put "I am on track to receive permanent residency status" but this isn't the whole story. My job is on a shortlist and I meet all the criteria.

Most employers get a lot of applications from people who need sponsorship. How do I communicate to differentiate myself from these people in a simple way?

I thought this would be something I'd seen asked before but I can't find the info after Googling quite a lot - many spammy results.
Old Mar 22nd 2016, 9:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Communicating visa status on cover letter

What do you mean "not the full story"? What is the full story, it is pretty hard to comment with only half a story.

Anyway I don't think "on track" will mean much to any employer. Why not just wait until you have your visa and then state that you have full working rights / permanent residency.
Old Mar 22nd 2016, 10:17 pm
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute

Do you mean you need a job offer to get points to fulfil the criteria for PR? Or do you need the employer to actually sponsor you?

Either way it may be tough - if you are onshore and already have work rights (i.e. on a 485) then it may be ok but if you are offshore or do not have work rights most employers don't want to wait months for you to gain the right to work (visa processing times aren't quick and usually only the 457 visas are granted in days/weeks not PR visas).

Best of luck.
Old Mar 23rd 2016, 6:57 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

As I read it, you haven't even applied for a visa yet?

In which case it is pointless applying for jobs yet - you are many months away from having work rights. Skills assessments at the moment are averaging 3-4 months alone. Which you would need before you can even lodge an expression of interest. Then lodge an eoi and wait to be invited - at least a couple of months and sometimes a lot more, then apply and from then can easily be 6 months. So, there are not many employers that are going to wait at least 9 months for you. That's assuming everything goes straight forward
Old Mar 23rd 2016, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

WilliamStacey has much to be proud ofWilliamStacey has much to be proud ofWilliamStacey has much to be proud ofWilliamStacey has much to be proud ofWilliamStacey has much to be proud ofWilliamStacey has much to be proud ofWilliamStacey has much to be proud ofWilliamStacey has much to be proud ofWilliamStacey has much to be proud ofWilliamStacey has much to be proud ofWilliamStacey has much to be proud of

I have my visa now and have been applying as I leave very shortly but even at that I'm struggling to get interest until I actually land in the country. I wouldn't imagine there would be much interest until you have a visa and date for arriving.