CO allocated for 175. Should I be happy?

Old Sep 9th 2009, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

JMC1678 is on a distinguished road
Default CO allocated for 175. Should I be happy?

Hi,

I applied for 175 back in March 2009. Like many others I was taken off the CSL and switched to 176 SS VIC instead. They said I was suitable and would send 1100 document. I was told (by people on this site) that I need do nothing but wait. This morning I was sent an email requesting medical and police checks - for my 175 application!!

I mean, I would prefer 175 because of its flexibility but does this mean I am still in for a long wait? And what's happened to my 176? Should I have informed DIAC of my change in visa application?

Kind regards,

John
Old Sep 9th 2009, 7:27 pm
Forum Regular

suziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nice
Default Re: CO allocated for 175. Should I be happy?

who knows, but your CO has requested your medicals and pccs, so you need to send them, would it matter to you if you got 175 or 176, i presume you applied for the state that you wanted to live in ? so all should be well.
good luck
suzie
x
Old Sep 9th 2009, 7:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Janna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of light

Hi John,

Your CO contacted you because of the 176 application. There is a branch of visa which is the PR visa and 175's and 176's are just sub-classes.

The assesment criteria on the whole are the same apart from one needs state sponsorship and the other one doesn't.

Ultimately, they could grant you with either a 175 OR a 176 and it will be down to the CO to decide. They will assess the application against the PR rules and will decide which best suites your circumstances.

They are not allocating CO for bulk standard 175's who are not on the CSL so your application was looked at becase of your State Sponsorship.

Our medical forms and online system all makes reference to 175 as that was the original visa we were going for. No doubt it will stay as a 175 until grant where they will issue a 176.

So in essence you have a CO as a result of your 176 application and your form 1100.

Old Sep 9th 2009, 7:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Janna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of light

Oh and our med and PCC request letter also mentioned 175.
Old Sep 9th 2009, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

Duncan_Mc will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Janna and Nick
Funny, indeed.
When CO contacted us the letter stated 176 visa application. ))

JMC1678, it's up to you whether to inform DIAC of visa subclass changing or not. But I guess it's a bit too late to do this as your application is already 176.
Old Sep 9th 2009, 10:03 pm
RMA; Aussie Career Coach

Susan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud of

Hi John

I suggest you email your CO directly to confirm they are aware that you have been granted state sponsorship.

The States are meant to forward a form to advise DIAC when they grant sponsorship, but I generally advise DIAC as well, just to cover any eventualities.

While it's not wise to bombard COs with emails about minor issues of process, I believe this is a question of sufficient importance to ask for clarification to put your own mind at rest.

Having said that, DIAC often does send out letters referring to a subclass 175application after applicants have changed to a 176.

Best regards
Susan
Old Sep 10th 2009, 6:12 am
BE Enthusiast

supriyag123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JMC1678
Hi,

I applied for 175 back in March 2009. Like many others I was taken off the CSL and switched to 176 SS VIC instead. They said I was suitable and would send 1100 document. I was told (by people on this site) that I need do nothing but wait. This morning I was sent an email requesting medical and police checks - for my 175 application!!

I mean, I would prefer 175 because of its flexibility but does this mean I am still in for a long wait? And what's happened to my 176? Should I have informed DIAC of my change in visa application?

Kind regards,

John

There are few example cases in BE ( i know of 3 at least) where people have applied for 175, changed it to 176..got a CO quickly...got a visa..and guess what? it is 175..

So nobody knows the internal process followed in DIAC..one wonders if there is a seperate team that browses thro all the applications, seperates out 176 and send the to CO on priority...CO himself/herself may not be aware tht the applicant converted it into 176 later (because form 1100 not reached CO or whatever), and he goes ahead with the process and approves...

All speculations..but the point I am trying to make is that you could be one of such cases, for all that u know, where eventually u will get a 175 and not 176

So sit tight and see what happens...since CO has been already allocated, u need not worry. If u get 176, good. If 175, even better
Old Sep 10th 2009, 6:41 am
BE Forum Addict

helloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by JMC1678
Hi,

Kind regards,

John
It doesnt matter whether they Adeleide mail stating as 175 or 176. Mine was 175 but grant clearly mentioned its 176.

So whats is going to be mentioned in Grant is matters most.
Old Sep 10th 2009, 11:12 am
Account Closed

aman_sharma2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point

When my CO asked for PCC and medicals..he mentioned 175. I grant letter also it was 175..and in the visa sticker also it was 175..no where 176 is mentioned..

Originally Posted by Janna and Nick
Old Sep 10th 2009, 11:38 am
Dia , Queen Bee

divsman is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: CO allocated for 175. Should I be happy?

Originally Posted by aman_sharma2k1
When my CO asked for PCC and medicals..he mentioned 175. I grant letter also it was 175..and in the visa sticker also it was 175..no where 176 is mentioned..
same with us too... its 175... Its grt for us...
Sometimes we wonder, why do they give out 175s for SS applicants...
yet to understand DIAC strategy...