CO 28 day request.

Old Oct 16th 2008, 3:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

rocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to behold
Default CO 28 day request.

We had 28 days to give our CO the final bits to complete our visa application before they can make a decision shown below:

If you have not replied within 28 days of first receiving a request for this information, a decision may be made on your visa application based on all the information available to the Department at that time.

Does this mean they will make a decision on our visa within the 28 days? or is it like everything and take them ages?
Old Oct 16th 2008, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

taylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant future
Default Re: CO 28 day request.

No, it means they are giving you 28 days in which to get the extra information to them and if you dont then they may base their desicion on the info they have (basically they are saying if u dont have the info we want in 28days then we 'could' base on on what we have - and obviosuly they need more info or they wouldnt have asked, so its a slightly veiled threat really- i.e they could deny u visa as they dont have all info)

But No once they have it the decision probably wont be made in 28 days, we had the exact same letter as you and we sent info off staright away but our visa were granted about 2 months later.

I live near you, i am in hullbridge..lol i leave on the 21st nov for sydney!!!!!

kelly
Old Oct 16th 2008, 10:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

good luck to both of you

i used to live in rayleigh and i flew to perth on the 4th - and arrived on the 6th november 2007

taylor25 i will think of you on the 21 as that is my son's 5th birthday !

Rocket01 where are you headed to ? do you know yet

best of luck

tiff
Old Oct 17th 2008, 5:24 am
Forum Regular

natsind is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: CO 28 day request.

great news rockect

congrats and best of luck.

however 28 days time means we as the applicant need to fulfill their all said requirements in 28 days anyhow if we need to take leave from job then we need to take whatever the situation may be at our work place but we must fulfill their all said requirements in 28 days.

we must be punctual no matter after that 28 days they may take 14 months to finalize the application but they expect us to be punctual.
Old Oct 17th 2008, 6:29 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by natsind
however 28 days time means we as the applicant need to fulfill their all said requirements in 28 days anyhow if we need to take leave from job then we need to take whatever the situation may be at our work place but we must fulfill their all said requirements in 28 days.

we must be punctual no matter after that 28 days they may take 14 months to finalize the application but they expect us to be punctual.
So based on your thorough dislike of the Australian government you are now going to withdraw your application and be happy elsewhere? I miss your point, perhaps because there is not a single comma in a four line sentence.
Old Oct 17th 2008, 6:49 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by newjersey
So based on your thorough dislike of the Australian government you are now going to withdraw your application and be happy elsewhere? I miss your point, perhaps because there is not a single comma in a four line sentence.
, h,i, n,e,w,j,e,r,s,e,y , ok now?

no i dont dislike actually but i want to tell 2 stories here.

i) my one friend got refusal in july 08 because he was not able to send IELTS result within 28 days. his another qual & skills were ok and CO told him she just wanted IELTS but after 28 days she refused his application.

ii) another friend is still waiting after 8 months of his med & pcc, ielts submission. co gave him 28 days but its over 8 months no result yet, they are doing routine checking.

whats u r expert opinion about both above cases? sorry in advance if mistake in my english .
Old Oct 17th 2008, 9:43 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

great news rockect

congrats and best of luck.

In most cases if you send the CO evidence that their request is being actioned, they will extend the deadline - for example, the receipt for the application for a police check.
Old Oct 17th 2008, 2:07 pm

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

, h,i, n,e,w,j,e,r,s,e,y , ok now?
now this is just stupid.

no i dont dislike actually but i want to tell 2 stories here.

i) my one friend got refusal in july 08 because he was not able to send IELTS result within 28 days. his another qual & skills were ok and CO told him she just wanted IELTS but after 28 days she refused his application.

ii) another friend is still waiting after 8 months of his med & pcc, ielts submission. co gave him 28 days but its over 8 months no result yet, they are doing routine checking.

whats u r expert opinion about both above cases? sorry in advance if mistake in my english .
Originally Posted by Pollyana
In most cases if you send the CO evidence that their request is being actioned, they will extend the deadline - for example, the receipt for the application for a police check.
What Polly said applies to your number 1 as well and to sum what you describe up is a disrespect for the rules. Number two is no appreciation for the rules that the Case Officers as any other public servants have to follow.

NJ
Old Oct 17th 2008, 5:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

rocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to behold

Looks like another compaint form coming up, if they dont look at my application within their 28 day deadline.
Old Oct 17th 2008, 5:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hitchcock71

Rocket01 where are you headed to ? do you know yet

best of luck

tiff
Trying to sort work out before I go so it could all depend on that, if no work then Cairns.
Old Oct 18th 2008, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by newjersey
now this is just stupid.

What Polly said applies to your number 1 as well and to sum what you describe up is a disrespect for the rules. Number two is no appreciation for the rules that the Case Officers as any other public servants have to follow.
NJ
did you remind u r friend?

i) what kind or disrespect did u seen into it? its just fact and the forum friends should aware about that.

ii) how one can expect appreciation in that case? Will u appreciate that? You may say yes and show u r kindness but its not done with you hence only, i m sure that if you were him then u may have lodged dozen complaints yet.

sorry for my good english if any.