Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

closely related to profession System Analyst

closely related to profession System Analyst

Old Aug 20th 2012, 4:47 am
Just Joined

mab1984 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default closely related to profession System Analyst

Hi All,

Just wondering if some one could get me out of the confusion..
I have got positive assessment from ACS under the profession System Analyst and currently working in IT field as IT consultant from last one and half year.
I have already applied for visa 886. some one scared me few days ago that my work experience is not closely related to my profession. if it so then i dont meet the points.
when i applied for state sponsorship, my profession was in special conditions apply category and the condition was
"Currently working in a skilled occupation (minimum 30 hours per week) in South Australia. The skilled occupation must be listed as ANZSCO level 1 to 4."
so please share your thoughts, i want to prepare myself well before time if i have to take ielts..
thanks in advance
Old Aug 21st 2012, 1:51 am
uzi
Java Dweeb

uzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud of
Default Re: closely related to profession System Analyst

Originally Posted by mab1984
Hi All,

Just wondering if some one could get me out of the confusion..
I have got positive assessment from ACS under the profession System Analyst and currently working in IT field as IT consultant from last one and half year.
I have already applied for visa 886. some one scared me few days ago that my work experience is not closely related to my profession. if it so then i dont meet the points.
when i applied for state sponsorship, my profession was in special conditions apply category and the condition was
"Currently working in a skilled occupation (minimum 30 hours per week) in South Australia. The skilled occupation must be listed as ANZSCO level 1 to 4."
so please share your thoughts, i want to prepare myself well before time if i have to take ielts..
thanks in advance
At the time of your application, was your nominated occupation relavant to your experience? I am not sure about latest skillselect, but you ought to be in nominated occupation in last 24 months or something. Revisit SkillSelect application process/booklet to double check.

I don't get the bit about IELTS preparation. Aren't you suppose to already write for IELTS before your immi application?

Hope this helps. If in doubt, perhaps its a good idea to get professional help from recognized MARA agent.
Old Aug 21st 2012, 2:36 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by uzi
At the time of your application, was your nominated occupation relavant to your experience? I am not sure about latest skillselect, but you ought to be in nominated occupation in last 24 months or something. Revisit SkillSelect application process/booklet to double check.

I don't get the bit about IELTS preparation. Aren't you suppose to already write for IELTS before your immi application?

Hope this helps. If in doubt, perhaps its a good idea to get professional help from recognized MARA agent.
thanks uzi for the reply..i have already taken ielts exam for my 886.. if DIAC does not consider my experience related to System analyst then i am short of 5 points. so then another way out is IELTS 7.0 each..
my current title is IT consultant and nominated profession is System analyst, just wana make sure is IT consult is closely related to System analyst.. who can answer me this query.. some one scared me two days ago that its not closely related.
Old Aug 21st 2012, 9:26 pm
uzi
Java Dweeb

uzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud of

thanks uzi for the reply..i have already taken ielts exam for my 886.. if DIAC does not consider my experience related to System analyst then i am short of 5 points. so then another way out is IELTS 7.0 each..
my current title is IT consultant and nominated profession is System analyst, just wana make sure is IT consult is closely related to System analyst.. who can answer me this query.. some one scared me two days ago that its not closely related.
My title was software architect but i chose java programmer and then software engineer as my nominated occupation. Job title doesn't matter, job roles and responsibilities matter. IT consultant is a perfectly acceptable title if you have been analysing software and systems in that role. Hope this helps.
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 9:56 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by uzi
My title was software architect but i chose java programmer and then software engineer as my nominated occupation. Job title doesn't matter, job roles and responsibilities matter. IT consultant is a perfectly acceptable title if you have been analysing software and systems in that role. Hope this helps.
thanks uzi for the reply... right now my job description is more likely testing software and implementation of software on multiple sites stuff like that and providing technical support to the clients.....you think it will be ok?
thanks in advance usman..
thanks
ali
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 12:53 pm

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

thanks uzi for the reply... right now my job description is more likely testing software and implementation of software on multiple sites stuff like that and providing technical support to the clients.....you think it will be ok?
thanks in advance usman..
thanks
ali
testing and technical support need to be detailed, because not all of that is considered by the ACS. They want it all done "at professional level", and whether or not they accept it really depends on what you did on the job.