Class 138

Old Nov 13th 2004, 10:30 am
Just Joined

mcdst is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Class 138

Is it just me or does there seem to have been no movement whatsoever with 138s, despite the additional DIMIA resources apparently devoted to the pre-July non-MODL cases? It seemed that Region 3 backlog cases were to be actioned from 1 November but 2 weeks later I have not seen any pre-July non-MODL 138s getting visas. Anyone out there had any progress? Could it be that DIMIA are not looking at these files until Centrelink have completed the AoS Bond processing? Can anyone shed any light on this?
Old Nov 14th 2004, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

jayne+doug is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Class 138

Originally Posted by mcdst
Is it just me or does there seem to have been no movement whatsoever with 138s, despite the additional DIMIA resources apparently devoted to the pre-July non-MODL cases? It seemed that Region 3 backlog cases were to be actioned from 1 November but 2 weeks later I have not seen any pre-July non-MODL 138s getting visas. Anyone out there had any progress? Could it be that DIMIA are not looking at these files until Centrelink have completed the AoS Bond processing? Can anyone shed any light on this?

Hi
I like you have been watching closely for any 138 visas and there doesn't appear to be any movement. I'm sure the hold up has been with centrelink and hopefully when the bond is lodged there should be some movement. Has your assuror been asked to lodge the bond? When did you apply? I am 138 on MODL and my bond was lodged last week so hopefully I should hear something within the next few weeks.

Good luck
Old Nov 14th 2004, 5:02 pm
Forum Regular

sue_parker has a spectacular aura aboutsue_parker has a spectacular aura aboutsue_parker has a spectacular aura about

[my bond was lodged last week so hopefully I should hear something within the next few weeks.) Quote

I wouldn't hold your breath, i'm still waiting.

Sue
Old Nov 14th 2004, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

jayne+doug is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I am well aware that dimia will do things at their own pace, after all I am pre July and have been waiting alot longer than you so thanks for your input I won't be holding my breath just trying to be optomistic which isn't easy when you've been waiting 7 months already and your skill is on MODL.
Old Nov 14th 2004, 5:59 pm
addicted members

Bigmo&co is on a distinguished road

Hi, Our Sponsor is as eager and as impatient as us to here from center link but they cannot do anything until dimia send them the details. So I guess Optomistic yet again for another week to pass but one never knows this might be the week. It feels alot like the lottery you put on another ticket and blow me no luck try again next week. But I have noticed there seems to be fewer people shouting with joy on recieving good news. So much for them getting the back log cleared. I am sure there are a lot of people out there just as desperate as us.

Cheers

Brian & Elaine
Old Nov 14th 2004, 6:25 pm
kg
Forum Regular

kg is on a distinguished road

Hello all,
I think it's bloody difficult for us all - but to know we're all waiting together somehow makes it a bit less horrid (but only a bit!)

I sit and wonder what I used to spend my time doing before I ventured on this visa path!

Good luck to all of us! surely it can't take forever... can it?
Old Nov 14th 2004, 7:33 pm
Just Joined

mcdst is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Re: Class 138

Many thanks to everyone for their responses. We applied around 20 March 2004 with VETASSESS skills assessment (non-MODL). Our sponsor heard from his local Centrelink office on 3 November and is going to chase them during the week commencing 15.11. We're hoping to get the Bond sorted in the next couple of weeks - whether this encourages DIMIA to allocate us a case officer remains to be seen.

Cheers.
Old Nov 14th 2004, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

brissie bound is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there

we are also 138 Aus sponsored and on the New MODL list. On saturday we got the request for medicals & police clearance. Our bond was paid in late september/October. I had an e mail from the manager of region 3 that said they had assessed all the new MODL and we should here shortly which we did. So nervous of opening a envelope!

We have to get everything back by Xmas eve, wouldn/t it be nice if they e mailed that day to say the lady from DIMIA says YES! wishful thinking or what. More like february...!

Good luck to everyone who is waiting like us you just want an answer or a time scale to work to. I think when you apply they should give you a DIMIA case file number and logon so you can check progress.....

A 138 patiently waiting, logging on everyday!
Old Nov 14th 2004, 11:05 pm
Forum Regular

sue_parker has a spectacular aura aboutsue_parker has a spectacular aura aboutsue_parker has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by jayne+doug
Hi

I am well aware that dimia will do things at their own pace, after all I am pre July and have been waiting alot longer than you so thanks for your input I won't be holding my breath just trying to be optomistic which isn't easy when you've been waiting 7 months already and your skill is on MODL.

Sorry, didn't mean it in a negative way. Got my visa today. Good luck with your application.

Sue
Old Nov 15th 2004, 6:23 am
BE Enthusiast

swissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to all

Hi there,
Just to let you know that i havent had any meds request just yet but that my assurer has been asked to send his passport to DIMIA. my agent has no idea what happens but at least thats a start!
fabie