City & guild help needed (joinery)

Old Mar 2nd 2007, 8:19 am
BE Enthusiast

shabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of light
Default City & guild help needed (joinery)

Had a disappointment this morning. I had sent off for replacement City & Guild certificates for my husband. He did carpentry & joinery at college from 1984 to 1987. They have only sent a Unit credit for 1985. Can not see him doing another 2 years at college and getting nothing. ( its that long ago he can't remember). The have said that they will do another search of the database to see if anything else comes up.
I do have a letter from the company he served his time with stating that he did an apprenteship with them for 3 years , if the certificates fail would this letter do.

If anyone did a course back then, do you know if it was modules or 1 certificate at the end of the course.

This is going to puts back again.
Thanks
Sharon
x
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 8:31 am
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of
Default Re: City & guild help needed (joinery)

My husband did an apprenticeship and City and Guilds but it was a bit later than yours. I think he started his apprenticeship in 1988 or 89. He has certificates for the different modules and certificates for completing the course. He also has an apprenticeship book and certificates which we have been told we will need. The letter might be OK though. Are you using an agent as you could ask them?
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 8:37 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

you can get a city and guilds in a mornings course if all else fails.

if you have a track record of continuos employment,you dont need it..

ast
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 8:38 am
BE Enthusiast

shabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Teresa,

We are not using an agent as we want to save money and do it on our own.
My hubby seems to think that modules came in in 1988 after his course but he can't be sure.
This is so stressful and we are only at the start. We ( I should say I as he is hopeless Ha HA ) will get there though very determined. thanks to this site.
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 8:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by aston man

ast
He has 20 years continuous employment. Which is a good thing I hope.
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 8:47 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shabee
He has 20 years continuous employment. Which is a good thing I hope.
I passed my tra without a city and guilds.....so if all else fails i would of thought that you could do a stat dec to say that your hubby has passed it but cannot find it...

ast
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 8:48 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

ast
Eh? Are you sure about that Ast? Dale did 3 years at College to get his Advanced Craft City & Guilds in Carpentry & Joinery combined with an apprenticeship.

Shabee, my husband has 3 certificates, Level 1, 2 and 3 Advanced Craft.
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 8:49 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

I passed my tra without a city and guilds.....so if all else fails i would of thought that you could do a stat dec to say that your hubby has passed it but cannot find it...

ast
You are going a different skills pathway though to do it without City & Guilds - different requirements
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 8:51 am
BE Enthusiast

ast
Than makes me feel a lot better, thanks, Think I will wait a week or so and then phone c&g again and if they have not found any more we will just apply and see what happens.
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 8:52 am
Banned

yes clipps ,i am going to build a little wall thats going to take me about 2 hours and they will give me a nvq,level3...oh and a chap has got to come and watch me lay bricks for a day...

ast
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 8:57 am

yes clipps ,i am going to build a little wall thats going to take me about 2 hours and they will give me a nvq,level3...oh and a chap has got to come and watch me lay bricks for a day...

ast
Ah, different for a brickie then
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 9:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Clippies
Eh? Are you sure about that Ast? Dale did 3 years at College to get his Advanced Craft City & Guilds in Carpentry & Joinery combined with an apprenticeship.

Shabee, my husband has 3 certificates, Level 1, 2 and 3 Advanced Craft.
Thats what hubby thinks, levels. I would rather have the certificates that not. I think it will help to get a job.
He was also combining college with an apprenteship. When I sent off app. for copies I put down the year 1985 as an approx. date. (sent this off without waiting for conformation of apprentieship, STUPID) Maybe they have just checked up to that date.

What's the saying - more hurry less speed
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

nik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant future

ast
passing your TRA and getting a licence is 2 different thing unfortunately.
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by shabee
Thats what hubby thinks, levels. I would rather have the certificates that not. I think it will help to get a job.
He was also combining college with an apprenteship. When I sent off app. for copies I put down the year 1985 as an approx. date. (sent this off without waiting for conformation of apprentieship, STUPID) Maybe they have just checked up to that date.

What's the saying - more hurry less speed
It was the late 80's when Dale did his too I think. Do you want me to try and find the issuing authority on the certificates?
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 9:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Clippies
It was the late 80's when Dale did his too I think. Do you want me to try and find the issuing authority on the certificates?
Hi,
I thought the issuing body was city&guilds or am I thick. If I am thick and you can get the right body I would be so grateful

Sharon
X

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.