Citizenship question

Old Apr 5th 2010, 2:13 am
Just Joined

garthy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Citizenship question

Originally Posted by aPerfectCircle
I think when you're about to have a heart surgery and you didn't have any history with the surgon doing the surgery the first thing you do is to circulate his or her name to see how good he or she is at what they do. Am I right or what ?

Not just that you're paying thousands of dollars, you're also risking your chances with migrating and before you make any further step you need to be 100% sure that you're making the right choice.

Its not like i was going on a date and i was putting my date's name on the internet to see if she is worth dating or not !!!!
hia mate i dont know what im doing here as im not so good on a pc and never done one off thease threds before i hope you get this message i saw someone put your name on a website i googled about getting our citizenship what it is is we validated our permament residence visas in jan 2006 and just did a 3 week holiday and then went back to the uk we emmigrated over here in nov last year (09) so bassically spent most of our time in the uk in 07 they changed the rules but ive rang up the dept off immi and get different answers off them do you happen to know if we have to do 4 years to get citizenship or 2 as we validated our visas before the new rules came in also we are having a baby here in aug dont know if that makes any difference would be really grateful if you know the answer thanks garth please let me know cheers

Last edited by Pollyana; Apr 5th 2010 at 7:22 am. Reason: email address removed to protect your privacy - members can contact you via this site
Old Apr 5th 2010, 7:27 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship question

I've moved your post to its own thread as you are more likely to get answers this way
Old Apr 5th 2010, 11:24 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

You will come under the new "3 years in 4 rule" because you won't be able to apply under the 2 year rule before it closes on 30 June 2010.

If you arrived to live in November 2009 and don't travel outside Australia you should be eligible in late 2012. Use the residence calculator at http://www.citizenship.gov.au
Old Apr 6th 2010, 6:33 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by JAJ
You will come under the new "3 years in 4 rule" because you won't be able to apply under the 2 year rule before it closes on 30 June 2010.

If you arrived to live in November 2009 and don't travel outside Australia you should be eligible in late 2012. Use the residence calculator at http://www.citizenship.gov.au
ok thanks v much for getting back to me but i thought it was 4 years i had to do in 5 not 3 years in 4 is that because i validated my visa before 2007?
Old Apr 6th 2010, 8:01 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by JAJ

ok thanks alot for getting back to me much appriciated but when i ring the dept of immi here in oz im told i had to do the 4 years in 5 new rule? is that wrong when did thease new rules come in and what would happen if we wanted to go back to the uk for 2 weeks or so for a holiday would that blow it and mean we would have to do the four years out of five or not because if so ill stay here me for 3 full years and get the citizenship once again cheers for giving me the answers
Old Apr 6th 2010, 9:27 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by garthy
ok thanks alot for getting back to me much appriciated but when i ring the dept of immi here in oz im told i had to do the 4 years in 5 new rule? is that wrong when did thease new rules come in and what would happen if we wanted to go back to the uk for 2 weeks or so for a holiday would that blow it and mean we would have to do the four years out of five or not because if so ill stay here me for 3 full years and get the citizenship once again cheers for giving me the answers

Did you read the information at http://www.citizenship.gov.au

It is essential reading. And don't waste your time calling the helpline, often the information there is wrong.