Citizenship Interview Content

Old Jun 11th 2010, 10:26 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Citizenship Interview Content

I have done a search but couldn't find quite this topic.

I'm up for interview on the 21st June. Does anyone have any idea of what may be asked in the interview? My wife is Australian born and doesn't need to attend the interview but will she allowed in?

I realise that she won't be near the test and I've done my homework for that but am clueless as to what they want to ask me about at the interview.

Any clues would appreciated.

I have to nick off now so if there are any answers, I won't be able to say thanks straightaway.

Alistair.
Old Jun 11th 2010, 11:31 am
BE Enthusiast

chaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship Interview Content

shouldnt stress... as long as you got all you need should be a breeze
Old Jun 11th 2010, 1:03 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chaval
shouldnt stress... as long as you got all you need should be a breeze

Thank you! Me? Stress? Never!
Old Jun 12th 2010, 8:17 am
BE Forum Addict

ozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alistairboyle
I have done a search but couldn't find quite this topic.

I'm up for interview on the 21st June. Does anyone have any idea of what may be asked in the interview?
In the old days, there used to be a "citizenship interview". But this disappeared when they brought in the citizenship test.

So, no interview .

Now you rock up to the place where you take the test. Before you can go into the room to take the test, you see a person face-to-face who checks that you have brought all the required documentation, takes copies of some things, and takes a digital photo of you. Once all the documentation has been checked and found to be in order (end of "interview"), you go into a room for the test.

In our case (Perth) it was a room with a bunch of computers and one person supervising. You choose a computer and - clicking with the mouse - start the test. When you've finished the test you go to the supervisor and s/he gives you a page with the test results. And that's it - you're done .
Old Jun 12th 2010, 8:23 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozhappy981
In the old days, there used to be a "citizenship interview". But this disappeared when they brought in the citizenship test.

So, no interview .

Now you rock up to the place where you take the test. Before you can go into the room to take the test, you see a person face-to-face who checks that you have brought all the required documentation, takes copies of some things, and takes a digital photo of you. Once all the documentation has been checked and found to be in order (end of "interview"), you go into a room for the test.

In our case (Perth) it was a room with a bunch of computers and one person supervising. You choose a computer and - clicking with the mouse - start the test. When you've finished the test you go to the supervisor and s/he gives you a page with the test results. And that's it - you're done .
Yeah when we did ours the lady who took my documentation was more interested in hearing about Canada than anything else. Went in the room with computers and did the test, got my results and that was it.
Old Jun 12th 2010, 8:25 am
221b Baker Street

Originally Posted by ozhappy981

So, no interview .

Thank you so much for this reply. It is exactly what I needed. The term "interview" is slightly redundant then. Just a document check. I had wondered if they would quiz you about your motives etc. etc.

I have checked with my local council (where my wife works part time) and the lovely lady behind the shire office desk does the "ceremony" and it can be set up with her anytime, and, done in private. I'm proud to be taking my citizenship but not exactly an exhibitionist. Having spent 40 years in public life on view all the time, I just want to hide now!!!

Thanks again.

Alistair.
Old Jun 12th 2010, 8:26 am
221b Baker Street

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Yeah when we did ours the lady who took my documentation was more interested in hearing about Canada than anything else. Went in the room with computers and did the test, got my results and that was it.
And thanks to you also, I was posting the last reply when your answer turned up.

Alistair