Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

CITIZENSHIP - do u need to get police clearances again

CITIZENSHIP - do u need to get police clearances again

Old Apr 26th 2009, 5:56 am
BE Enthusiast

sa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud of
Default CITIZENSHIP - do u need to get police clearances again

Hi wonder if anyone can help? we had to get police clearances from both South Africa and the UK when we applied for our permanent residence.
In 3 months time we are eligible for citizenship. Will we need to get new police clearances again?
thanks
Old Apr 26th 2009, 6:17 am

GSNR will become famous soon enoughGSNR will become famous soon enough
Default Re: CITIZENSHIP - do u need to get police clearances again

Originally Posted by sa2uk2oz
Hi wonder if anyone can help? we had to get police clearances from both South Africa and the UK when we applied for our permanent residence.
In 3 months time we are eligible for citizenship. Will we need to get new police clearances again?
thanks
Hi,

As far as I know, it all depends how much time you've spent in both SA and the UK since you received your PR! We got our PR while living in Oz on a 457 visa, went to NZ for a week! We didn't need to get police clerance again, only Oz police checks are done!
Old Apr 26th 2009, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

Ryem78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: CITIZENSHIP - do u need to get police clearances again

I hope you don't have to get SA police clearance again...We requested ours in Sept 08 and only received them in Jan 09! But I think we were just unlucky. Good luck!