Citizenship changes after 1 July 2012?

Old Jun 20th 2012, 12:59 am
Just Joined

mcduffy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Citizenship changes after 1 July 2012?

hi, I saw that there are some changes in immigration laws from 1st July and was wondering if there were any coming up for the citizenship application process?
thanks
Old Jun 20th 2012, 1:03 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship changes after 1 July 2012?

http://www.immi.gov.au/legislation/amendments/
Old Jun 20th 2012, 1:17 am
Just Joined

Thanks, I can't see any changes coming up from that then.

Do you know if you receive a certificate when you get your citizenship? The reason I ask is that we applied for the evidence of citizenship (form 119) for our daughter when she was born (so she has a certificate) and we are due another baby in October and didn't know whether to do the same for the baby, or just apply for the baby on our citizenship application (but the baby may not get a certificate). Are the any benefits to doing it either way?
Old Jun 20th 2012, 1:19 am
The Mango King

Antney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mcduffy
Thanks, I can't see any changes coming up from that then.

Do you know if you receive a certificate when you get your citizenship? The reason I ask is that we applied for the evidence of citizenship (form 119) for our daughter when she was born (so she has a certificate) and we are due another baby in October and didn't know whether to do the same for the baby, or just apply for the baby on our citizenship application (but the baby may not get a certificate). Are the any benefits to doing it either way?
Yes you do get a certificate when you get your citizenship.

Children born in Australia to permanent residents are automatically Australian citizens.
Old Jun 20th 2012, 1:35 am
Just Joined

great, thank you so I assume our next child would get a cert too if they were put on our citizenship application?

Also, do you know if there are any extra fees for the citizenship test, or is it included in the $260 cost? my friend seemed to think she paid a separate cost for her test but I can't see anything on the website.

thanks
Old Jun 20th 2012, 1:42 am
Melbourne Rock City

rubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of light

great, thank you so I assume our next child would get a cert too if they were put on our citizenship application?

Also, do you know if there are any extra fees for the citizenship test, or is it included in the $260 cost? my friend seemed to think she paid a separate cost for her test but I can't see anything on the website.

thanks
all included

Not sure whether there is an additional fee if you fail the test the first time but I doubt it
Old Jun 20th 2012, 2:53 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rubbeldiekatz
all included

Not sure whether there is an additional fee if you fail the test the first time but I doubt it
No there isn't.
And DIAC haven't said anything about changes to citizenship, its only General Skills Migration that they have announced is to be revised.
Old Jun 20th 2012, 3:07 am
Just Joined

thank you.

I just wanted to clarify, would our next child get a certificate too if they were put on mine and my hubbys citizenship application?
Old Jun 20th 2012, 3:39 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

thank you.

I just wanted to clarify, would our next child get a certificate too if they were put on mine and my hubbys citizenship application?
You cannot include a child on a citizenship application if the child is already an Australian citizen. The correct approach is to fill form 119 for the child and pay the A$60 fee to get an individual certificate to prove that Australian citizenship was acquired at birth.

Substantive changes to citizenship normally require primary legislation rather than the changes to Regulations which are more common on the migration side (the Migration Act allows this). However, fees, etc, for citizenship can be changed anytime.
Old Jun 20th 2012, 3:45 am
Just Joined

Right, I see. Thanks for clarifying, got myself a bit confused!