Citizenship Cermony Date

Old May 25th 2009, 12:32 am
Forum Regular

k974 will become famous soon enough
Default Citizenship Cermony Date

Hi all,

I'm due to apply for citizenship in August. I know it can take up to 6 months for a cermoney but is there anyway of requesting a date i.e the following Australia Day for example, my parents are planning on visitin me towards the end of the year and it'd be great if they could be hear for the citizenship just wondering if there anyway of booking a particular date so they could arrange their trip around it.

Thanks
Old May 25th 2009, 2:03 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship Cermony Date

Originally Posted by k974
Hi all,

I'm due to apply for citizenship in August. I know it can take up to 6 months for a cermoney but is there anyway of requesting a date i.e the following Australia Day for example, my parents are planning on visitin me towards the end of the year and it'd be great if they could be hear for the citizenship just wondering if there anyway of booking a particular date so they could arrange their trip around it.

Thanks
Which council area are you in?
Old May 25th 2009, 2:17 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I think you'd have to wait until you've been offered a date and then you could turn it down and ask to be put on the Aus Day one. Don't think you could ask any earlier. Depending on where you are, applying for citizenship in August, could be too late to get on the Aus Day one anyway.
Old May 25th 2009, 2:40 am
Forum Regular

k974 will become famous soon enough

i'm in Annerley in Brisbane. Do you think applying mid August will get the following oz day love if they could be here for it.
Old May 25th 2009, 5:27 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by k974
i'm in Annerley in Brisbane. Do you think applying mid August will get the following oz day love if they could be here for it.
Not sure. Brisbane have five ceremonies a year. It can take up to 3 months to be accepted although I believe Brissie are quite quick to accept. A friend did the test and got the acceptance in a month but three months later still hasn't got a citizenship ceremony date. Other people up there have had the whole process over in 5 weeks. Total luck of the draw.