Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Citizenship calculator v online citizenship application

Citizenship calculator v online citizenship application

Old Mar 29th 2019, 10:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Citizenship calculator v online citizenship application

According to the online DoHA citizenship calculator (and my spreadsheet), I qualify to be a dinky di Aussie today. However, the online citizenship application says no ("An error has occurred. The applicant is unable to proceed with this application. Access the Residence calculator to check when the applicant will have been in Australia long enough to be eligible for Australian citizenship").

Any thoughts? Is the citizenship application website not updated in real time or over the weekend maybe? Or has something gone wrong with recording my movements?

It's a pain, because tomorrow is a significant anniversary for me and I was hoping to press the submit button then.
Old Mar 31st 2019, 9:26 am
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship calculator v online citizenship application

I found a reply on another website yesterday which said "If you became eligible on the 3rd, then it would not let you apply until after the end of the 3rd. The whole of the day has to be complete for it to count", so I was hoping I would be able to apply today. And it seems I can. So problem solved.

I have to confess I hadn't anticipated exactly how much info they wanted though. I don't remember providing so much when we applied for PR....
Old Mar 31st 2019, 1:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship calculator v online citizenship application

Yes, they want a lot of stuff . . . and it's takes a LONG time to process. Be prepared to wait over a year for your test appointment.