childs heart condition

Old Jan 9th 2008, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

dankate will become famous soon enoughdankate will become famous soon enough
Question childs heart condition

my middle boy (12) has been diagnosed with long qt, a heart condition that if untreated can cause sudden death. if it is treated correctly using beta blockers he will lead a normal life. could this be a reason for our visa to be declined.
there are 8 levels of this illness and he is the lowest risk.
obviously this is very worrying for us as parents and also concerns us about our chances of staring a new life in oz
danboy
Old Jan 9th 2008, 10:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: childs heart condition

Originally Posted by dankate
my middle boy (12) has been diagnosed with long qt, a heart condition that if untreated can cause sudden death. if it is treated correctly using beta blockers he will lead a normal life. could this be a reason for our visa to be declined.
there are 8 levels of this illness and he is the lowest risk.
obviously this is very worrying for us as parents and also concerns us about our chances of staring a new life in oz
danboy
Welcome to BE.

I'm really sorry to hear about your boys condition, it must be extremely worrying for you.

I would suggest you get some good professional advice on your situation from an agent. Peter Bollard is probably your best bet: http://users.bigpond.net.au/onk/

Good luck and let us know how you get on
Old Jan 10th 2008, 9:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of light

Don't panic!

Although I cannot say for sure in your case, as every case is different, I can hopefully ease your concern a little.

Our middle son (now 11) has a heart condition know as SVT (Supraventricular tachycardia) which basically means he has an arrythmia and occasionally his heart will just begin beating at an incredible rate for no apparent reason. He was diagnosed with this 6 years ago and put onto beta blockers, which he took every day.

Like yourselves, his condition had always worried us in terms of getting our visas and did cause me more than a few sleepless nights worry!

Before our meds, I arranged for his paediatrician to write a report stating the actual problem and his treatment. I took this report along to the medicals and the panel Dr added it to her report. She was forced to tick that he had no abnormal heart problems whne she listened to his chest because he has a completely normal heart unless he is having an episode of SVT - she just added 'see paediatricians letter'. Just get as much information as you possibly can (GP notes, cardiologists reports, paediatricians reports etc etc) and take it all along to your medicals.

The outcome for us was positive and all of our medicals were cleared within 10 weeks of submission, with no further information requested on our son at all.

As your son's condition is stable on beta blockers, just as our sons was, I am hopeful that you wont have any problems.

Kind regards
Karen x

p.s. feel free to PM me if you need any further advice.
Old Jan 11th 2008, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

dankate will become famous soon enoughdankate will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Re: childs heart condition

thank you very much for your considerate feedback i really thank you and will follow ur advice and get some reports for the panel doctor.
thank you again and i will keep you informed of any outcomes.
Old Jan 11th 2008, 6:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dankate
thank you very much for your considerate feedback i really thank you and will follow ur advice and get some reports for the panel doctor.
thank you again and i will keep you informed of any outcomes.
My pleasure - I really DO know what you're going through and I'm only too pleased to let you know what our course of action was and that our outcome was positive and hope that yours will be the same

Karen x