Childrens father may object

Old May 14th 2008, 12:33 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Childrens father may object

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
Hi Joanne,

Sounds like you have a 'Specific Issue' Court Order.....not the 'Removal From The Jurisdiction' Order.

I presume you were requested to provide evidence that you have legal sole custody for your daughter and there were no court orders in place, for your CO to approve the DIAC criteria for a child to emigrate.

In your case it seems there was an 'Indirect Contact' Order in place between your daughter and your ex.......and the 'Specific Issue' Order would have been necessary to provide the required evidence to your CO that your ex has no contact or any PR with your daughter and you have a legal responsibility for her.
How on earth was an "indirect contact order" given if the father has no PR in the first place?
Old May 14th 2008, 8:23 am
BE Enthusiast

eve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to all

you do not need PR to get a contact order
Old May 14th 2008, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

JoanneG is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
Hi Joanne,

Sounds like you have a 'Specific Issue' Court Order.....not the 'Removal From The Jurisdiction' Order.

I presume you were requested to provide evidence that you have legal sole custody for your daughter and there were no court orders in place, for your CO to approve the DIAC criteria for a child to emigrate.

In your case it seems there was an 'Indirect Contact' Order in place between your daughter and your ex.......and the 'Specific Issue' Order would have been necessary to provide the required evidence to your CO that your ex has no contact or any PR with your daughter and you have a legal responsibility for her.

Glad things worked out for you..........as you can see even if the biological father has no PR, sometimes there are still a few issues in place which can cause headaches further down the line.

If there was no 'Indirect Contact' Order in place, a Statutory Declaration would have been sufficient in your circumstance.

Beth x x
There was no indirect contact in place until i applied for the specific issue order. Her father then requested it at first hearing. An order was made and then he didnt keep to it. There was no previuos order in place and he has never had PR.She is 11 and he has never had contact. There was no custody order so this is why i had to get the specific issue to prove i had the right to remove her. Pain the backside but well worth it by the end.

Thanks to all for your comments.

Joanne
Old May 14th 2008, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

pinkjane8 is a jewel in the roughpinkjane8 is a jewel in the roughpinkjane8 is a jewel in the roughpinkjane8 is a jewel in the roughpinkjane8 is a jewel in the rough

Hiya, I had this same problem. Basically I told him were going and he refused to allow it. To cut a long story short I told him I was going so he'll have to have the children (obviously a threat - wouldnt leave them) and he very quickly changed his mind.

He had to go to solicitor and do a stat. dec. which he dragged his heels with but eventually he did it.
Old May 14th 2008, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

pinkjane8 is a jewel in the roughpinkjane8 is a jewel in the roughpinkjane8 is a jewel in the roughpinkjane8 is a jewel in the roughpinkjane8 is a jewel in the rough

Hi again!!!! just read on in your discussion and my son is sitting his GCSE's as of now and we are going when he's finished.

Apparently GCSE's in Oz are not a recognised qualification You can pay to have them transferred into their equivalent, but it wont be until next year if in Oz he would sit exams (if that makes sense) so he is going to go to school and sit their exams when we get there. HOPE THAT MAKES SENSE
Old May 14th 2008, 11:51 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JoanneG
There was no indirect contact in place until i applied for the specific issue order. Her father then requested it at first hearing. An order was made and then he didnt keep to it. There was no previuos order in place and he has never had PR.She is 11 and he has never had contact. There was no custody order so this is why i had to get the specific issue to prove i had the right to remove her. Pain the backside but well worth it by the end.

Thanks to all for your comments.

Joanne
Well I'm a bit confused as to why you had to get a court order if originally there were no custody/contact orders in place and he has no PR

Never mind......it all worked out good in the end

Beth x x
Old May 14th 2008, 11:54 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mickbro
Been alot of talk of women fighting for the right to take their children to oz on this thread.In my case its my son who would love to take his son to oz, at the moment he is trying to get custody of his son involving solicitors & cafcass.
He sees his son every weekend & cos my son cant drive i pick him up on friday & take him back home on sundays.It is the most traumatic experience i have ever endured my grandson screams & cries endlessly when i have to take him to his mothers.He is only 4 yrs old & for a child of that age to say he hates his mother is a terrible situation to be in (we or his father never talk badly of his mother & would never encourage him to talk like this).
When he is at home he says he just plays on computer after school & it doesnt appear he has any meaningful interaction with his mother.
I know that even if he gets custody emigrating would be impossible but at what age would the childs opinion be taken into account ?
Sorry about the long message just needed to get it off my chest
The Court will usually take the opinion of the child into account from around 8+ years old (depending on the Judge).
A Cafcass Officer will be involved who then writes detailed reports for the Judge after interviewing both parents and the child individually.
Beth x x
Old Jul 24th 2008, 9:11 pm
Just Joined

BBabes is an unknown quantity at this point

This thread has been so useful!

Does anyone have any experiece similar to my situation?

My eldest child is nearly 13. I speparated from the biological father in 97 and divorced in 98. His last contact with our child was in 1998 (no contact at all for 10 years). He did write to contact the CSA in 99 to deny he was the biological father. I have never pursued via the CSA and have never wanted maintenace etc.

I remarried in 1999 and my husband has the opportunity to emmigrate with his job. Something we as a family are extremely happy with.

I don't think I/we have any court orders. What concerns me most is I have absolutely no idea where my childs biological father is or his family.

Has anyone experienced this? I don't know where to start to gain the required documentation, locate my ex or what court papers I need to apply for. Any help appreciated.
Old Jul 24th 2008, 11:34 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Probably better to start a new thread as everyone's case is different but do read the wiki article for starters:
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Child_...an_Immigration
Old Jul 25th 2008, 5:57 am
BE Enthusiast

eve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by BBabes
This thread has been so useful!

Does anyone have any experiece similar to my situation?

My eldest child is nearly 13. I speparated from the biological father in 97 and divorced in 98. His last contact with our child was in 1998 (no contact at all for 10 years). He did write to contact the CSA in 99 to deny he was the biological father. I have never pursued via the CSA and have never wanted maintenace etc.

I remarried in 1999 and my husband has the opportunity to emmigrate with his job. Something we as a family are extremely happy with.

I don't think I/we have any court orders. What concerns me most is I have absolutely no idea where my childs biological father is or his family.

Has anyone experienced this? I don't know where to start to gain the required documentation, locate my ex or what court papers I need to apply for. Any help appreciated.
I take it you were married when your child was born and therefore he will have PR? If so you will require consentfrom the father. Dont despair though many other people have been in your position and you should be able to give a statuary declaration to the effect of what you have said in your post. I am no expert but I know there have been people on here and they would be able to advise you better or your agent if you are using one.

eve x
Old Jul 25th 2008, 8:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Beccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to all

I'm in the same boat, my son is 16 years old and has had ncontact with his father since he was 2 years old.
We have a case officer now who has requested his fathers consent.

When we applied in January I checked this out and was told as the laws in England state he can make his own decisions as he is 16 and we would not need his fathers consent.

I paid for a search and found an address for who I think and hope is his father and have written to him but what if we can't get the documents from him we require what do we do. We now have until 21st August to submit or our case will be declined.

Anyone help or have any ideas.
Old Jul 25th 2008, 8:25 am
Just Joined

BBabes is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks so much for the replies!

Hi Beccie, thanks for sharing. It suddenly helps to not feel alone.

My husband is transferring within the forces so our process is slightly different initially. I'm worried about them asking at the interview.
Was your case officer allocated via the courts, via your solicitor or via your Australia application?

I've tried searching for an address but we have drawn a blank. I have located one of his ex wives (mother of one/two of his other children) on a school friends website so I could try there BUT I don't really want to involve strangers (never met her) or open a can of worms without knowing the ins and outs of what I need to do.
Finding him could take months and then getting any co-operation could be a miracle. His home town is 280 miles away and his parent/s have moved from the address of 9 years ago.

Fingers crossed there's someone out there who has experience of this.

Last edited by BBabes; Jul 25th 2008 at 8:31 am.
Old Jul 25th 2008, 8:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Beccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to all

The case officer is for the australian visa they have asked for this info.

Its a nightmare I was close to just giving up yesterday when we got the email it seems mad that people who have had nothing to do with these kids get to decide what happens next.
Old Jul 25th 2008, 8:40 am
BE Enthusiast

slackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dolphinz
Just another little niggle about this country that tears me up. All those years ago, when he took me to court for 3 out of 4, then every fortnight...he's been a dole claimer, working on the side all his days...and both cases...I had to pay for.

I had to pay for him being a twat that subsequently didn't follow threw with any of his contact demands. No doubt it will be the same again this time. But this time I've come prepared! If he refuses, the gloves are off and the singing voice to the authorities revealing certain plausible facts will be revealed.

After a recent domestic situation with the kids and their father ( he dug his own grave and he can't fluff them with his lies now ), i'm fairly confidant, the kids will be jumping hoops to say they are going and wanting to send him a postcard from with a middle finger of some sort on it
Don't blame this country or the law that is trying to protect the rights of ALL citizens. Presumably the only reason he went to court was because YOU wouldn't allow access? It is not this country or it's laws fault that the individual does not accept his responsibility, blame him not the country!
It would appear you were incorrectly advised 6/7 years ago about your chances of taking the children. It is totally understandable that any parent would object to their children being removed from this country. With or without contact with their children, maybe for instance the other parent would prefer them to grow up in the UK? Get a UK education? There are many reasons why the Child Act is there to protect the children, not decide if a father is a good parent or not, the court does that and going to court is the last resort.
N.B. I too need to get leave from jurisdiction for my step-son and having researched it, I think the current law is fully supportive of all parties involved and I am happy a court will be objective in looking after the interests of my step-son (him, NOT me).
I would not entertain the idea of self-representation. Make sure you have proper legal advise, a family solicitor and you should have no problem.
Old Jul 25th 2008, 9:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BBabes
Thanks so much for the replies!

Hi Beccie, thanks for sharing. It suddenly helps to not feel alone.

My husband is transferring within the forces so our process is slightly different initially. I'm worried about them asking at the interview.
Was your case officer allocated via the courts, via your solicitor or via your Australia application?

I've tried searching for an address but we have drawn a blank. I have located one of his ex wives (mother of one/two of his other children) on a school friends website so I could try there BUT I don't really want to involve strangers (never met her) or open a can of worms without knowing the ins and outs of what I need to do.
Finding him could take months and then getting any co-operation could be a miracle. His home town is 280 miles away and his parent/s have moved from the address of 9 years ago.

Fingers crossed there's someone out there who has experience of this.
Originally Posted by Beccie
The case officer is for the australian visa they have asked for this info.

Its a nightmare I was close to just giving up yesterday when we got the email it seems mad that people who have had nothing to do with these kids get to decide what happens next.
You can self represent, LIP, and get yourself a mckenzie friend itsnot adifficult process but you may want to consider a solicitor orbarrister for a final hearing though.

I also think it is acheek that somparent have nothing to do with thir children but can still scupper the plans of a Parent with care.

My OH and I have been representing ourselves fo hisandmy children.

Eve x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.