Child Visa subclass 101 questions

Old Aug 20th 2012, 4:46 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Child Visa subclass 101 questions

Originally Posted by Juaqui
would it have been easier if my father was able to put that i'm a student in his visa application?..alright thanks for the information it's really helpful.
No. You are not attending education full time, so he can't say you are. Are you asking whether your father should commit immigration fraud?
Old Aug 20th 2012, 4:53 am
Just Joined

Juaqui is an unknown quantity at this point

that's the last thing on my mind.we should probably check the Australian embassy for the best possible way with my situation.
Old Aug 20th 2012, 7:22 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

that's the last thing on my mind.we should probably check the Australian embassy for the best possible way with my situation.
The embassy is not where you need to go for immigration advice. You have already been told that you should seek professional advice from a MARA registered migration agent. Your situation is not straightforward, so professional advice is what you need.
Old Aug 20th 2012, 10:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

i actually attended college but never got to finish it sadly,and i have a work experience as a call center in the past which i resigned because of health issues.so right now i have no work for the time being and is financially dependent to my parents .
Being unemployed might make you dependent on your dad in a practical manner, however that is not the definition here. As has been said a few times now, you would need to be in full time education and with a gap of no mre than six months. You do not appear to fit that criteria.
Old Aug 31st 2012, 10:55 am
Just Joined

Juaqui is an unknown quantity at this point

what if i enroll for a 6 month education and then lodge the application will that help my case?,i think that was the advice given to my father.
Old Aug 31st 2012, 11:30 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

what if i enroll for a 6 month education and then lodge the application will that help my case?,i think that was the advice given to my father.
I don't see how that can help, given the information already provided. As I and others have posted previously you need to be in full time education:-

be validly enrolled, and actively participating, in a full-time post-secondary course of study leading to a professional, trade or vocational qualification

have been undertaking that course since turning 18 years of age, or have commenced studies within six months or a reasonable period of completing secondary education

As has also been said previously, you require expert professional advice from a MARA registered agent. I'm not convinced they will be able to help but happy to be proved wrong.
Old Nov 27th 2012, 4:31 pm
Just Joined

bigthinker is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by zzidane
Thanks, yes we used Ian Harrop to do the application. But money well spent I think. Was initialy told to expect approx 8 + months as a time frame. Was prepared to go and take him on a tourist visa than leave for a week while it was rubber stamped. This has saved me a few dollars.
Just need to sweet talk the missus. She is dead keen to be back over there but worries. She did first time round too.
Zzidane,

I am keen to make my recently born child to Australia asap as I have secured a job, but he don't have any visa. I know he can't go to Aus without visa.

Is it possible that I take him to Aus on tourist visa and later on while we are in Aus apply for his child visa ?

Do you have any ideas
Old Nov 27th 2012, 4:39 pm
Look a star

zzidane will become famous soon enough

We originaly thought of doing this but the 101 visa takes so long Im sure it will ring all sorts of alarm bells when you arrive with your new born on a tourist visa and both parents have arrived with one way tickets. I think once you apply for the 101 while on shore it will invalidate the tourist visa any how.
Old Nov 27th 2012, 11:57 pm

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

We originaly thought of doing this but the 101 visa takes so long Im sure it will ring all sorts of alarm bells when you arrive with your new born on a tourist visa and both parents have arrived with one way tickets. I think once you apply for the 101 while on shore it will invalidate the tourist visa any how.
No, it would only invalidate the tourist visa once it's granted.
Old Nov 28th 2012, 9:55 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76
No, it would only invalidate the tourist visa once it's granted.
Thanks mrsgreenstar76,

So in my case, can you suggest what are my options ? I got a lucrative job offer, difficult to ignore but at the same time can't leave my child alone in UK, so bit confused as if its legal to bring child on tourist visa and later on apply for Child Visa ? Will DIAC officials have any issues with it ?
Old Nov 28th 2012, 10:01 am

mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bigthinker
Thanks mrsgreenstar76,

So in my case, can you suggest what are my options ? I got a lucrative job offer, difficult to ignore but at the same time can't leave my child alone in UK, so bit confused as if its legal to bring child on tourist visa and later on apply for Child Visa ? Will DIAC officials have any issues with it ?
As far as I'm aware, people have done it. Just be honest with DIAC when you apply.
Old Nov 28th 2012, 10:46 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76
As far as I'm aware, people have done it. Just be honest with DIAC when you apply.
Thanks, So it's alright for me to tell them about my plan (applying tourist visa first and later on child visa) and the reason for it ?

Do you think they will understand ? If they do, it will make my life lot easier.

Well, thanks again very much for your prompt reply and thanks to ZZidane as well for his comments.

Regards

I tell them the reason for doing this and will they understand
Old Nov 28th 2012, 10:48 am

Thanks, So it's alright for me to tell them about my plan (applying tourist visa first and later on child visa) and the reason for it ?

Do you think they will understand ? If they do, it will make my life lot easier.

Well, thanks again very much for your prompt reply and thanks to ZZidane as well for his comments.

Regards

I tell them the reason for doing this and will they understand
There are no guarantees, but I wouldn't have thought there'd be too much of a problem.
Old Nov 29th 2012, 9:37 am
Just Joined

Hi Zzidane,

I assume you are in Australia now, can I ask how is your experience so far, are you enjoying your stay there ? Is your family enjoying there stay ? Can you give any monthly expenditure estimates. I know it varies from person to person but for a family of three ( young baby) how much do you reckon I'll expect to spend if I live in decent locality in melbourne. Initially plan to rent and use public transport for commute ? How much money do you think it's advisable to bring to the country.

Any help you give would be appreciated ?

Regards
Old Nov 29th 2012, 10:28 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Zzidane,

I assume you are in Australia now, can I ask how is your experience so far, are you enjoying your stay there ? Is your family enjoying there stay ? Can you give any monthly expenditure estimates. I know it varies from person to person but for a family of three ( young baby) how much do you reckon I'll expect to spend if I live in decent locality in melbourne. Initially plan to rent and use public transport for commute ? How much money do you think it's advisable to bring to the country.

Any help you give would be appreciated ?

Regards
You would be better asking in the main forum here - http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=54 There are hundreds of threads in there about costs and lifestyle in Australia. This forum is really for visa queries.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.