Child Visa subclass 101 questions

Old Jun 13th 2012, 11:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Child Visa subclass 101 questions

Originally Posted by zzidane
My wife tells me before I leave for work that shes not sure we are doing the right thing.
Is this a sign?

Hmm, I think you need to speak to your wife!
Old Jun 14th 2012, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

tipp1974 is an unknown quantity at this point

Re: Child Visa subclass 101 question
How wierd is this, accepted offer on house on tues, and sent email to migration agent to ask about my wifes cousin, who is currently in Sydney but needs advice regarding his visa. My wife tells me before I leave for work that shes not sure we are doing the right thing. The first phone call I get at work is from agent telling me that her first email she opened today is from me followed by one from DIAC to say 101 visa has been granted.
Is this a sign?

Hi zzidane....

Congratulations on the visa grant. Did you apply for the child visa through London ? 4 months to grant was pretty good.
Old Jun 15th 2012, 8:52 am
Look a star

zzidane will become famous soon enough

Thanks, yes we used Ian Harrop to do the application. But money well spent I think. Was initialy told to expect approx 8 + months as a time frame. Was prepared to go and take him on a tourist visa than leave for a week while it was rubber stamped. This has saved me a few dollars.
Just need to sweet talk the missus. She is dead keen to be back over there but worries. She did first time round too.
Old Jun 15th 2012, 5:39 pm
Forum Regular

Hi zzidane...

Thanks for the info. We applied for child visa in March through London office. CO advised that it would take minimum 6 months. Would be great if we got it earlier like you. Best of luck.
Old Jun 24th 2012, 12:44 pm
Just Joined

GoldCoastTitan has a brilliant futureGoldCoastTitan has a brilliant futureGoldCoastTitan has a brilliant futureGoldCoastTitan has a brilliant futureGoldCoastTitan has a brilliant futureGoldCoastTitan has a brilliant future

Hi,

We also applied for a child 101 visa in March via the London Office and we received the good news that it had been granted on the 19th June. Quite a quick process considering we also got told it could take 6-8 months. Hopefully you may hear something soon. Good Luck.

Originally Posted by tipp1974
Hi zzidane...

Thanks for the info. We applied for child visa in March through London office. CO advised that it would take minimum 6 months. Would be great if we got it earlier like you. Best of luck.
Old Jun 24th 2012, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by GoldCoastTitan
Hi,

We also applied for a child 101 visa in March via the London Office and we received the good news that it had been granted on the 19th June. Quite a quick process considering we also got told it could take 6-8 months. Hopefully you may hear something soon. Good Luck.
3 months is pretty good. Hopefully we will hear word on our visa soon. Best of luck for the future.
Old Aug 19th 2012, 12:58 pm
Just Joined

Juaqui is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Child Visa (Subclass 101)

My father is a permanent resident in Australia and he is applying me for a Child Visa,i'm currently 22 years old.Do i have to be a student to be eligible to this visa?..i'm not studying anymore and have no work but my father stated in his carer visa application that i have work.Does this affect my application? need replies please.
Old Aug 19th 2012, 1:45 pm

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Child Visa (Subclass 101)

Originally Posted by Juaqui
My father is a permanent resident in Australia and he is applying me for a Child Visa,i'm currently 22 years old.Do i have to be a student to be eligible to this visa?..i'm not studying anymore and have no work but my father stated in his carer visa application that i have work.Does this affect my application? need replies please.
Welcome to the forum.

I've moved your question to an existing child visa 101 thread. Hopefully you'll get some answers soon.
Old Aug 19th 2012, 6:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

I am sure it will. If you are not in full time education, your chances of getting a child visa at age 22 are slim.
Old Aug 19th 2012, 6:46 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Does he still support you financially?
Old Aug 20th 2012, 12:13 am
Just Joined

what are my best chance to get a child visa?..should i enroll myself or have a certificate that i am jobless.what are my best options here?..and yes my father still supports me financially..thanks for the reply guys i appreciate..
Old Aug 20th 2012, 4:10 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

what are my best chance to get a child visa?..should i enroll myself or have a certificate that i am jobless.what are my best options here?..and yes my father still supports me financially..thanks for the reply guys i appreciate..
From DIAC regarding eligibility for Child Visa:

Dependency

The child must be dependent on their sponsor. A child under 18 years of age is considered to be dependent. However for a child who has turned 18 years of age to be considered dependent, they must rely more on their sponsor than on any other person or source of financial support in either one of the circumstances below:
to meet their basic needs of food, shelter and clothing, and they must have relied on this support for a substantial period (usually 12 months)

The child must be under 25 years of age when the visa application is lodged. If the child has turned 18 years of age, they must also be a full-time student and financially dependent on their sponsoring parent.

To be considered a full-time student, the child must:

be validly enrolled, and actively participating, in a full-time post-secondary course of study leading to a professional, trade or vocational qualification

have been undertaking that course since turning 18 years of age, or have commenced studies within six months or a reasonable period of completing secondary education
not be in full-time employment.

Bearing in mind your father put you down as being employed on his visa application, you've not been in full time education since the age of 18. I can't see a way around it. Your best bet would be to get professional advice from a MARA registered agent.
Old Aug 20th 2012, 4:27 am
Just Joined

would it have been easier if my father was able to put that i'm a student in his visa application?..alright thanks for the information it's really helpful.
Old Aug 20th 2012, 4:29 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

would it have been easier if my father was able to put that i'm a student in his visa application?..alright thanks for the information it's really helpful.
He would only have been able to do that had you actually been in full time education. You weren't so it's irrelevant.
Old Aug 20th 2012, 4:37 am
Just Joined

i actually attended college but never got to finish it sadly,and i have a work experience as a call center in the past which i resigned because of health issues.so right now i have no work for the time being and is financially dependent to my parents .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.