Which child visa?

Old Aug 16th 2004, 7:36 am
Just Joined

confusion is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Which child visa?

Hi my fiance has lodged his application for a prospective spouse visa, we didnt include his 5 year old daughter in the application because, well to be honest, we cant afford to have her come to australia with him within the 9 months that the pros spouse visa is valid for.
Now my question is, after my fiance and i get married and he applys for the spouse visa subclass 309, are we able to include his daughter in that application? Im getting a bit confused if we can do that with the child visa subclass 445 extended eligibility or if we need to lodge a child dependant subclass 101 visa. Can anyone please clarify this confused little mind of mine.

Thanks for any information.
Old Aug 24th 2004, 8:58 am
Just Joined

confusion is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Which child visa?

Anybody

What are the consequences if we add her to the application now and she doesnt come to australia within the 9 month time frame?
Old Aug 24th 2004, 10:50 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by confusion
Anybody

What are the consequences if we add her to the application now and she doesnt come to australia within the 9 month time frame?

This is an unusual question and you should not expect an online forum to have the answer.

You should get professional advice from an experienced migration agent on the options. Better to do that now than later on.

Jeremy
Old Aug 24th 2004, 12:42 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by confusion
Anybody

Dear Confusion,

Your first question about the subclass 445 visa is easily answered (child can only be sponsored for a 101 when her parent has PR, until then it's a 445), but the answer to this one is harder. Most likely if she didn't come to Australia during the validy period of the visa she would then have to apply for a 445 anyway.

Cheers,

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au