Child Visa 101 - contents query

Old Oct 12th 2011, 12:15 pm
Soon to be Bris!

Chris&Jaime is just really niceChris&Jaime is just really niceChris&Jaime is just really niceChris&Jaime is just really niceChris&Jaime is just really niceChris&Jaime is just really niceChris&Jaime is just really niceChris&Jaime is just really nice
Default Child Visa 101 - contents query

Hi all,

I'm currently filling in the form and think that the following is a list of what I need to send...
Form 40CH
Form 47CH
4 Passport Photos
Photocopy of husbands/ sponsors visa in passport (certified)
Photo copy of child full birth certificate (certified)
Statutory declaration from myself and OH (certified)

Is this correct or have I missed something off?

Apologies if I have duplicated an existing thread,

Jaime
Old Oct 12th 2011, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

barney41 has a brilliant futurebarney41 has a brilliant futurebarney41 has a brilliant futurebarney41 has a brilliant futurebarney41 has a brilliant futurebarney41 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Child Visa 101 - contents query

Originally Posted by Chris&Jaime
Hi all,

I'm currently filling in the form and think that the following is a list of what I need to send...
Form 40CH
Form 47CH
4 Passport Photos
Photocopy of husbands/ sponsors visa in passport (certified)
Photo copy of child full birth certificate (certified)
Statutory declaration from myself and OH (certified)

Is this correct or have I missed something off?

Apologies if I have duplicated an existing thread,

Jaime
Hi, you need to prove the past 2 years earnings with either payslips or a letter from an employer.

Not sure if it has changed now, we applied in May, but we also put in a copy of mine and hubby's passport bio page and also the entry/exit passport stamps for when we validated visa/lived in Australia.

Can't think of anything else at the minute.
Old Oct 12th 2011, 1:45 pm
Soon to be Bris!

Chris&Jaime is just really niceChris&Jaime is just really niceChris&Jaime is just really niceChris&Jaime is just really niceChris&Jaime is just really niceChris&Jaime is just really niceChris&Jaime is just really niceChris&Jaime is just really nice

Thanks! So glad I asked now. Do you know how long the processing times are at the moment?

Also, do you fill in a separate form to pay or fill in the bank details on the form 47?

Sorry for all the questions and thanks fir your help ;-)
Old Oct 12th 2011, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

barney41 has a brilliant futurebarney41 has a brilliant futurebarney41 has a brilliant futurebarney41 has a brilliant futurebarney41 has a brilliant futurebarney41 has a brilliant future

Hi, I used the attached checklist http://www.uk.embassy.gov.au/lhlh/im...checklist.html. Also I filled in a separate form for the payment http://www.uk.embassy.gov.au/files/l...%20Mandate.pdf.

When I applied I was told 7-8 months processing , although immi.gov.au claims 3 months for overseas application in a low risk country. Unfortunately I can never find any information on people being granted child visas, so don't know if they get granted earlier.
Old Oct 12th 2011, 2:36 pm
Soon to be Bris!

Those are brill, I feel like it's all coming together now!

My OH is self employed so will probably have to provide his tax forms for the past few years rather than wage slips, I just hope this will be enough. I may also include my payslips just to support the application.
Old Oct 12th 2011, 2:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Chris&Jaime
Those are brill, I feel like it's all coming together now!

My OH is self employed so will probably have to provide his tax forms for the past few years rather than wage slips, I just hope this will be enough. I may also include my payslips just to support the application.
If payslips are easier you could sponsor your child instead of your husband. I wouldn't get too hung up on it though, my husband took a year off when we had our daughter so we only put in payslips for 1 year, it wasn't a problem when I enquired with Australia House.

This is what is says on form 40CH

"You should provide certified photocopies of one of the following
documents to show your employment during the last 2 years:
• Australian income and/or overseas tax assessment notices*; or
• letter from employer confirming length of employment and annual
salary; or
• payslips; or
• business documents or letter from your accountant if self-employed,
or self-funded from other sources."

Glad to help, just ask if I can help anymore.
Old Sep 19th 2012, 1:03 pm
AK

anuragkakria is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear All

Thanks you for this wonderful forum.

I am permanent resident of Australia (under visa class 175) but at present in Bahrain wit my wife and one son. I already validated the visa last year in september 2011 for all of us. In current year august 2012, I am blessed with baby girl (natural delievery to my wife- will it be natural child? (Child relationship to you- from 40 CH). as per deifnition it say somthing else (question 9)

Now i want to arrange for her visa which I believe will be child visa 101 (please correct if I am wrong).

I was going through formalities for completing the form 40 CH. I have query in part f of form 40 CH

Part F – Parental responsibility (custody)
and guardianship
(only for a child under 18 years)
13 Do you have the sole legal right to determine where the child shall live
or to permanently remove the child from their home country?

We are one family unit (me , my wife and my son) and we all are migrating together to Australia. HOW I RESPOND TO THIS QUESTION. I READ HERE THAT I NEED TO TAKE WRRITTEN DECLARATION FROM MY WIFE THAT WE MIGRATING TOGETHER? WILL IT WORK

PLEASE RESPOND URGENTTLY

REGARDS

AK
Attached Files
Old Sep 20th 2012, 11:11 am
Look a star

zzidane will become famous soon enough

We were granted our sons 101 visa in june, we initially started the application in Jan and had his medical mid Feb. So 4 months in total. We were told to expext 8 to 9 months. I would not bet my house on it though. I hated the anticipation of not knowing and not being able to plan ahead.
I am self employed, I did not have to prove earnings just a letter from my accountant with my approximate turn over.
We applied for RRV'S for the rest of our family prior and just really needed to prove that my other half was coming with me.

Hope this helps
Old Sep 20th 2012, 11:21 am
AK

Originally Posted by zzidane
We were granted our sons 101 visa in june, we initially started the application in Jan and had his medical mid Feb. So 4 months in total. We were told to expext 8 to 9 months. I would not bet my house on it though. I hated the anticipation of not knowing and not being able to plan ahead.
I am self employed, I did not have to prove earnings just a letter from my accountant with my approximate turn over.
We applied for RRV'S for the rest of our family prior and just really needed to prove that my other half was coming with me.

Hope this helps
Thank you

But still my query stands

for question 9 and 13

Please help urgently

Regards

AK
Old Sep 20th 2012, 11:24 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anuragkakria
Thank you

But still my query stands

for question 9 and 13

Please help urgently

Regards

AK
Is the child yours and your wife's? If so then yes he/she is your natural child and you have the right to say whether the child can be taken from the country.

Your timeline is likely to be longer than a UK one if you are in a high risk country.
Old Sep 20th 2012, 11:28 am
AK

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Is the child yours and your wife's? If so then yes he/she is your natural child and you have the right to say whether the child can be taken from the country.

Your timeline is likely to be longer than a UK one if you are in a high risk country.
Hi

Thanks for the reply

At present we are in Bahrain.

But do I need any letter from (statutory declaration ) from my wife? What should i fill in question 13 of form 40 CH.

Regards

AK
Old Sep 20th 2012, 12:00 pm
Look a star

zzidane will become famous soon enough

We needed a stat dec from my wife stating that she was intending to come with us. This needed to be signed in front of a solicitor who needed to see and copy her passport and witness her signature.
Old Sep 20th 2012, 12:06 pm
AK

Originally Posted by zzidane
We needed a stat dec from my wife stating that she was intending to come with us. This needed to be signed in front of a solicitor who needed to see and copy her passport and witness her signature.
Thanks alot
Old Sep 21st 2012, 10:29 pm
Forum Regular

tipp1974 is an unknown quantity at this point

With regard timeline's. Our child application was lodged 19/3/12 and just got visa on 21/9/12 -- so 6 months which is what we were told once we had the medical complete. We applied through London office. Best of luck.