Child Visa 101, a big thank-you!

Old Dec 4th 2010, 2:09 pm
Just Joined

laura_s is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Child Visa 101, a big thank-you!

HI everyone!

Just wanted to post a quick thread to all those who viewed and commented on my last one regarding some advice for the child visa 101! I haven't posted one since and the last time I came on here was in July, so its a long time coming anyway.

I just wanted to say a big thank-you to everyone who guided me and advised me in opting for this visa! A recieved an e-mail yesterday to tell me I had been granted it so it looks like i can start my gap year and studies after the new year!

Overall, the process has been very easy and quick, I was told it wouldnt be able to be processed until FEBRUARY 2011 so I was very surprised and pleased to recieve it earlier than expected!

Anyway, big thanks to all of you again, I dont think I could have done it without you

Laura xx
Old Dec 5th 2010, 1:57 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Child Visa 101, a big thank-you!

Originally Posted by laura_s
HI everyone!

Just wanted to post a quick thread to all those who viewed and commented on my last one regarding some advice for the child visa 101! I haven't posted one since and the last time I came on here was in July, so its a long time coming anyway.

I just wanted to say a big thank-you to everyone who guided me and advised me in opting for this visa! A recieved an e-mail yesterday to tell me I had been granted it so it looks like i can start my gap year and studies after the new year!

Overall, the process has been very easy and quick, I was told it wouldnt be able to be processed until FEBRUARY 2011 so I was very surprised and pleased to recieve it earlier than expected!

Anyway, big thanks to all of you again, I dont think I could have done it without you

Laura xx
Thats excellent news - I remember your original questions!

Congrats and enjoy!!!
Old Dec 5th 2010, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

John_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud of

Hi Laura

That's excellent news I'm in the middle of applying for 101, from the date you poste your application, how long did it take for DIAC to give you your visa?

Thanks

John
Old Dec 6th 2010, 2:23 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

It would be better to validate the visa before doing anything that suggests that you are no longer a dependent.

AND - you should plan to move to Australia as soon as possible. If life keeps you offshore longer, you may never have another chance to get a 101 visa.
Old Dec 6th 2010, 10:08 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by John_R
Hi Laura

That's excellent news I'm in the middle of applying for 101, from the date you poste your application, how long did it take for DIAC to give you your visa?

Thanks

John
Hi john

I first lodged my application at the beginning of August, probably around the 3rd! I recieved my e-mail to undertake medicals on the 17th August. Medicals were at the beginning of September so overall that process was very quick. I didnt hear anything for about 5 weeks so I e-mailed asking if there was any particular reason for a delay, I then got a e-mail saying that my medicals had being received but my application would not be able to be finalised until February 2011, I didn't know why, but it was a nice surprise to get it early!
Overall, I think it was quite a quick process but I'm guessing every case is different, I think the fact my dad already has permanent residency would have helped though! Good Luck xxx
Old Dec 6th 2010, 10:10 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by JAJ
It would be better to validate the visa before doing anything that suggests that you are no longer a dependent.

AND - you should plan to move to Australia as soon as possible. If life keeps you offshore longer, you may never have another chance to get a 101 visa.
I plan to move and therefore validate in February/March 2011. Going to wait until I get there before enrolling in TAFE so hopefully will all be ok Thanks for the advice xx