Child passports

Old Sep 28th 2004, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

it_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to all
Default Child passports

I'm sure I've seen this mentioned here before but I can't find it now so forgive me if this has already been covered.

I have a 9 year old who is on my wife's passport, and a 1 year old who doesn't yet have a passport. Do I need to get them their own passports before applying for a visa? Can I send off the visa app. and send details of the passports later? Or can I just wait for DIMIA to say something?

Also, I have two children, over the age of 18, who aren't dependent and with whom I have no contact. Where do I list them or do I not need to?

Thanks
Old Sep 28th 2004, 10:38 pm
Cheeky

Default Re: Child passports

Hi there,

We sent off our visa application and the kids were on my passport but DIMIA have requested my children to have their own. I am just in the process of doing this now so under pressure to get them sorted. I think it would be wise to sort your childrens passports out before you send your app in.

Im not sure were you stand with your children which are over 18 but Im sure some one on here will.

I hope this helps, Cheeky

Originally Posted by it_hooker
I'm sure I've seen this mentioned here before but I can't find it now so forgive me if this has already been covered.

I have a 9 year old who is on my wife's passport, and a 1 year old who doesn't yet have a passport. Do I need to get them their own passports before applying for a visa? Can I send off the visa app. and send details of the passports later? Or can I just wait for DIMIA to say something?

Also, I have two children, over the age of 18, who aren't dependent and with whom I have no contact. Where do I list them or do I not need to?

Thanks

Old Sep 29th 2004, 3:36 am
Anxiously awaiting March

vicky o will become famous soon enoughvicky o will become famous soon enough

Thanks

Not that I'm an expert by any stretch of the imagination, but I think their details will have to go down. I don't think they have to have medicals. I think it's something to do with, if they try to join you on a family visa or something like that?
Old Sep 29th 2004, 3:41 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

If you want a simple life, get the kids their own passports asap. Takes about 2 weeks from the UK Passport Service, I understand.

It's probably better to wait the 2 weeks before appying so as to send a complete application (send certified copies of the ID pages), unless you have an urgent deadline.

Thanks
List them in the section of the form asking for parents, brothers, etc. As they are over 18 and not dependent, you don't need to provide any documentation for them or get them to do medicals.

Jeremy
Old Sep 29th 2004, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

it_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to all

Originally Posted by JAJ
If you want a simple life, get the kids their own passports asap. Takes about 2 weeks from the UK Passport Service, I understand.

It's probably better to wait the 2 weeks before appying so as to send a complete application (send certified copies of the ID pages), unless you have an urgent deadline.
No, no urgent deadline. I have until next June and my 45th birthday!

Originally Posted by JAJ
List them in the section of the form asking for parents, brothers, etc. As they are over 18 and not dependent, you don't need to provide any documentation for them or get them to do medicals.

Jeremy
Ah, ok. Thanks for the advice.
Old Sep 29th 2004, 7:36 am
jjj
Forum Regular

jjj is on a distinguished road

No, no urgent deadline. I have until next June and my 45th birthday!

Ah, ok. Thanks for the advice.

Yes I am with the above, we had to apply for our childrens own passports, we are with the "pre July" and when the medical request came so did the request for copies of all 4 passports.
Old Sep 29th 2004, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

volt is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jjj
Yes I am with the above, we had to apply for our childrens own passports, we are with the "pre July" and when the medical request came so did the request for copies of all 4 passports.
hello jeremy,

my case officer did not ask me to have my daughter a passport. only 4 passport pictures is what she asked for. My daughter is 4 months old. For a baby less than a year is also required to have their passport?

Thanks for the concern