child gets au 3000$ ??????

Old Aug 4th 2004, 9:33 am
Just Joined

france_great is an unknown quantity at this point
Default child gets au 3000$ ??????

Hello forumusers,

We are back again here to know an answer for small question.

Myself and wife got our PR and moving to Pearth first week of Sep-2004. My wife is pregnant and if our child borns in australia, the child will become au zitezen as i heard.

Governement will pay Au3000$ to child ( from centerlink) but we are eligible to get that money as soon as child borns or should we wait up to 2 years ???????

Thanks in advance

===============

LFG
==========
Old Aug 4th 2004, 9:44 am
Anxiously awaiting March

vicky o will become famous soon enoughvicky o will become famous soon enough
Default Re: child gets au 3000$ ??????

Originally posted by france_great
Hello forumusers,

We are back again here to know an answer for small question.

Myself and wife got our PR and moving to Pearth first week of Sep-2004. My wife is pregnant and if our child borns in australia, the child will become au zitezen as i heard.

Governement will pay Au3000$ to child ( from centerlink) but we are eligible to get that money as soon as child borns or should we wait up to 2 years ???????

Thanks in advance

===============

LFG
==========
From what I gather, you have 26 weeks to claim your maternity payment of $3000. It should be in the pack you get at the hospital. You can also claim for childcare when you are a PR visa holder.
Old Aug 4th 2004, 11:24 am
Forum Regular

DeniseH is on a distinguished road

Sorry to ask another question - but is this payment only for children born in AUS? I am planning to move over with PR when the baby is 3 months old - can I still get it?
Old Aug 4th 2004, 11:28 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Have you checked the Centrelink website?

On the question of the baby's visa - if it's born outside Australia, what visa/citizenship is it going to have?

Jeremy

Originally posted by DeniseH
Sorry to ask another question - but is this payment only for children born in AUS? I am planning to move over with PR when the baby is 3 months old - can I still get it?
Old Aug 4th 2004, 11:51 am
Anxiously awaiting March

Yes, this $3000 maternity payment is only for children born in Oz.
But other payments are payable to PR visa holders and some other visa holders.
As JAJ says, check out the centrelink website, takes a bit of negotiating around the site but good info on there.
Old Aug 4th 2004, 12:06 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by vicky o
Yes, this $3000 maternity payment is only for children born in Oz.
But other payments are payable to PR visa holders and some other visa holders.
As JAJ says, check out the centrelink website, takes a bit of negotiating around the site but good info on there.

Hi,

can you give me the excatt link? i searched in centrelink but unable to find one...

LFG
Old Aug 4th 2004, 1:06 pm
Anxiously awaiting March

Hi,

can you give me the excatt link? i searched in centrelink but unable to find one...

LFG

Here is the link to the page in centrelinks website. It is difficult to find.

http://www.centrelink.gov.au/interne...256ec1007deba2!OpenDocument&Highlight=2,maternity

Vicky
Old Aug 4th 2004, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

DeniseH is on a distinguished road

The baby will be born in England, and therefore British. After 2 yrs of PR we will apply for Oz citizenship. Looked on the Centrelink site but couldn't find anything specifically on the $3000 payment for children born outside Oz. I understand that other child related benefits can be claimed.

Originally posted by JAJ
Have you checked the Centrelink website?

On the question of the baby's visa - if it's born outside Australia, what visa/citizenship is it going to have?

Jeremy
Old Aug 4th 2004, 1:50 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by vicky o
Here is the link to the page in centrelinks website. It is difficult to find.

http://www.centrelink.gov.au/interne...256ec1007deba2!OpenDocument&Highlight=2,maternity

Vicky

HI,

Its great!!! this where I am looking in fact.

Have fun

thanks very much indeed.

LFG
Old Aug 4th 2004, 2:28 pm
Anxiously awaiting March

HI,

Its great!!! this where I am looking in fact.

Have fun

thanks very much indeed.

LFG
No problem!
Old Aug 4th 2004, 9:55 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

If the child is born in the UK and you already have your PR visas, it will *not* automatically have a PR visa.

In that case, you will need to sponsor the child for a Dependent Child migrant visa. Information's on the DIMIA website, and the Australian High Commission London website (where UK people are normally expected to apply for child visas). There is a Child Migration booklet which you should download.

If you have not yet validated your PR visas, be aware that the birth of a child prior to validation is a notifiable change of circumstance and any health problems with the child may lead to your own PR visas being cancelled.

Jeremy

The baby will be born in England, and therefore British. After 2 yrs of PR we will apply for Oz citizenship. Looked on the Centrelink site but couldn't find anything specifically on the $3000 payment for children born outside Oz. I understand that other child related benefits can be claimed.
Old Aug 5th 2004, 5:44 am

On Wed, 04 Aug 2004 11:24:02 +0000, DeniseH
<member27103@british_expats.com> wrote:
    > Sorry to ask another question - but is this payment only for children
    > born in AUS? I am planning to move over with PR when the baby is 3
    > months old - can I still get it?

Is it right to expect benefits from the Australian system even though
you haven't even lived there yet, and hence haven't ever paid any
taxes in Australia? Just wondering...

Old Aug 5th 2004, 10:07 am
Rose-tinted specs anyone?

Sarsa is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys, I have a question for you.

I have had a quick look on the Centrelink site about this payment and it does refer to recipients needing to be either PR or holders of certain temporary visas of which SIR is not one.

SIR is a new visa and I wonder whether Centrelink could conceivably (no pun intended) alter the rules to include SIR?

We have applied for SIR and hope to start a family in Aus as soon as nature allows and whilst we're not doing it for financial gain (we'd have to be pretty daft to think that we'd be better off after starting a family ) it would be good to have a little help.

So, what do you reckon? Would we be better waiting until we achieve PR status?

Sarsa
Old Aug 5th 2004, 11:07 am
JAJ
Retired

Just something else of which you should be aware - if you're on a SIR visa and have a child born in Australia, it won't be an Australian citizen. Instead it will automatically get a SIR visa like yours.

This is because SIR is not a permanent visa. Children born in Australia after you get PR will be Australian citizens.

I would not expect the Centrelink rules to change.

Jeremy

Originally posted by Sarsa
Hi Guys, I have a question for you.

I have had a quick look on the Centrelink site about this payment and it does refer to recipients needing to be either PR or holders of certain temporary visas of which SIR is not one.

SIR is a new visa and I wonder whether Centrelink could conceivably (no pun intended) alter the rules to include SIR?

We have applied for SIR and hope to start a family in Aus as soon as nature allows and whilst we're not doing it for financial gain (we'd have to be pretty daft to think that we'd be better off after starting a family ) it would be good to have a little help.

So, what do you reckon? Would we be better waiting until we achieve PR status?

Sarsa