child in Australia

Old Jan 7th 2009, 6:43 pm
Just Joined

ema2009 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default child in Australia

Hello
My husband has a student visa (subclass 573)
I am a dependent, both of us have a medical assurance for students(OSHC)
If i want to have a child born in Au, what costs would it require(related to medical assurance for students)?
What status the child has?
Maybe is somebody who had this problem !!
Can you give me an ideea?

Thanks for your answer!
Old Jan 7th 2009, 8:22 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: child in Australia

I can't help you out with the costs but a child born in Aus generally has the same visa status as the parents.

For example:
Parents born on a permanent resident visa are born with oz citizenship.
Parents born on a temporary visa would give the baby only temporary visa rights.

So on a student visa I'm not exactly sure, but I can bet they'd only have temporary status. You'd be better off posting this question in the immigration section on this board.
Old Jan 8th 2009, 1:45 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by comet555
I can't help you out with the costs but a child born in Aus generally has the same visa status as the parents.

For example:
Parents born on a permanent resident visa are born with oz citizenship.
Parents born on a temporary visa would give the baby only temporary visa rights.

So on a student visa I'm not exactly sure, but I can bet they'd only have temporary status. You'd be better off posting this question in the immigration section on this board.
I'll move it to Immigration
Old Jan 8th 2009, 4:27 am
Forum Regular

elmao is on a distinguished road

Our overseas health cover was with OSHC worldcare.

The following link is a fact sheet from their website re. maternity cover:

https://www.oshcworldcare.com.au/ski...20Services.pdf

It seems you would be covered if you upgrade your policy to include the unborn child before the birth!

Perhaps the other OSHC providers have similar policies but prob best to check with your current provider.