British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Changing your job after lodging? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/changing-your-job-after-lodging-654361/)

mr luvpants Feb 11th 2010 6:01 pm

Changing your job after lodging?

Hi

We got our CO today and the emails says that we need to let them know if my wife changes her job. Would you not get a visa grant if this happened? I ask as my wifes daughter is probably going to apply for a 176 and then she is going to go travelling for 6 months where she is not going to be working.

JOHN

Dorothy Feb 12th 2010 3:06 am

Re: Changing your job after lodging?

Originally Posted by mr luvpants (Post 8333719)
Hi

We got our CO today and the emails says that we need to let them know if my wife changes her job. Would you not get a visa grant if this happened? I ask as my wifes daughter is probably going to apply for a 176 and then she is going to go travelling for 6 months where she is not going to be working.

JOHN

If you wife changes jobs the CO wants to know. Simple as.

Ozwanderer Feb 12th 2010 6:48 am

Originally Posted by mr luvpants (Post 8333719)
Hi

JOHN

Hasn't the missus just last year graduated in nursing John?, for that could make a difference and I thought you were going to wait until she had the 12 months up for an independent GSM or have you now gone the sponsorship route?
The minimum experience requirement for someone applying for a 175/176 is 12 months in past 24 at time of application and the daughter can go travelling if that is met.

mr luvpants Feb 12th 2010 7:01 am

As I said the question its for my step daughter and not us.
JOHN

wilson01 Feb 12th 2010 7:04 am

Originally Posted by mr luvpants (Post 8335001)
JOHN

So why mention your wife :confused:

Dorothy Feb 12th 2010 7:10 am

Originally Posted by mr luvpants (Post 8335001)
JOHN

Usually it doesn't matter whether you change jobs after you lodge. However any change in circumstance needs to be reoprted to DIAC, so I guess changing jobs could be seen as a change in circumstances.

No, it doesn't mean that she won't get her visa granted. It means that the case officer wants to know if she changes jobs. That's all.