Changing Visa Class

Old Nov 29th 2002, 10:46 pm
Forum Regular

gsidhu has much to be proud ofgsidhu has much to be proud ofgsidhu has much to be proud ofgsidhu has much to be proud ofgsidhu has much to be proud ofgsidhu has much to be proud ofgsidhu has much to be proud ofgsidhu has much to be proud ofgsidhu has much to be proud ofgsidhu has much to be proud ofgsidhu has much to be proud of
Default Changing Visa Class

Hello people

My application is currently in the Adelaide queue(Skill Ind) , I applied in July 03 knowing that I could only get 110 points, but with so many changes happening to the immigration criteria, I decided to send it
before things got worse(e.g. now ACS need 4 years IT experience, I only have 2, - the IT fast track disappearing).anyway i thought whilst its lying in a file cabinet for a year I would try and get them extra five points somehow.

I have now managed to get sponsorship from my Uncle, but before sending of all these completed forms and ask the nice people at Adelaide to change the class of my visa to (Skilled-Designated-area sponsored). My major worry now is that if they tell me I have to re-apply all over again. Then i'm in trouble as mentioned the ACS skills assessment require 4 years of IT experience.

In hindsight I could of waited to a couple of months to get all my Uncles sponsor forms + docs I needed but I guess I paniced and just hope I have totally messed up my application.

Has anybody had any experience with changing their visas?

Thanks people
gee
Old Nov 30th 2002, 12:29 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Changing Visa Class

Originally posted by gsidhu
Has anybody had any experience with changing their visas?
Generally, you cannot change visa class. You may have to apply again in the new visa class of your choice, together with the appropriate fee (again).

Peter
Old Dec 2nd 2002, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

gsidhu has much to be proud ofgsidhu has much to be proud ofgsidhu has much to be proud ofgsidhu has much to be proud ofgsidhu has much to be proud ofgsidhu has much to be proud ofgsidhu has much to be proud ofgsidhu has much to be proud ofgsidhu has much to be proud ofgsidhu has much to be proud ofgsidhu has much to be proud of

Originally posted by ptlabs
Generally, you cannot change visa class. You may have to apply again in the new visa class of your choice, together with the appropriate fee (again).

Peter
sorry typo meant to say [July 02]

---

Thanks for your feedback.

You say that I may have to apply again, and that generally I
cannot change class, would you know under what circumstances
they allow visa classes to be changed?

Cheers
G
Old Dec 2nd 2002, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

Peter Tomo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Gee.

According to older posts, one can send a new visa application with a copy of skill assessment and refer to previous visa application and original assessment result, using their DIMIA and ACS reference numbers.

Does anybody know if it works - will DIMIA transfer original skill assessment to new visa application? Is this a quite sure path?

I plan to send Skill Matching/STNI application this January with original ACS assessment. If this doesn't work, Skilled Independent in June 2002 with a copy of already sent original ACS assessment. Will this work?

Gee, you'll have to pay another application fee.

Peter
Old Dec 3rd 2002, 12:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Steven O'Neil is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi G

In these circumstances you cannot change visa classes. You will need to relodge. The reference to people being able to change a while ago may have been those people who had applied for skilled migration prior to 1/7/1999. A special regulation was introduced to allow some of those applicants to apply free of charge for the new 136s etc. You cannot do this.

Your skills assessment from the ACS though normally lasts for 12 months. So if you had applied in July 2002 then presumably it is still less than 12 months old (from date on ACS letter). In that case you shouldl not need a new ACS assessment and can use the existing one. Thereby getting around the problem with the new criteria of the ACS.

Regards

Steven O'Neil
Perth
www.iscah.com
Old Dec 3rd 2002, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

Peter Tomo is an unknown quantity at this point

Steven, he probably doesn't have the original ACS assessment anymore, as he submitted it with his first visa application. Can he submit a new visa application with assessment copy and refer DIMIA to his previous visa application and assessment original? Is this a tested/ feasible way?

Peter
--------------------
Steven O'Neil wrote:
In that case you shouldl not need a new ACS assessment and can use the existing one.
Old Dec 3rd 2002, 7:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Steven O'Neil is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Peter

I am sure they would accept a certified copy. I have lodged (in emergency) even a photocopy and they have accepted it as long as original follows.

The requirement for an original is related to document fraud and given that DIMIA holds the original (albeit in a different office), it should be acceptable.

Regards

Steven O'Neil
Perth
www.iscah.com