Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Changing from Relative Sponsorship to State Sponsorship

Changing from Relative Sponsorship to State Sponsorship

Old Nov 25th 2010, 8:26 pm
Banned

robbyarg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Changing from Relative Sponsorship to State Sponsorship

Hi,

If we lodge a DIAC application under 176 visa sponsored by a relative, can we later switch to a state sponsorship under the same visa? State sponsorship takes long and you need to lodge your VISA application after the state sponsorship is received. However, while my VISA application under 176 is in process and I receive the state sponsorship say after 4 weeks following the 176 VISA application, can we change that and submit our state sponsorship.

Can you please provide any references to confirm this? Thanks for any help relevant to this, in advance.
Old Nov 25th 2010, 8:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

aliah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nice
Default Re: Changing from Relative Sponsorship to State Sponsorship

Originally Posted by robbyarg
Hi,

If we lodge a DIAC application under 176 visa sponsored by a relative, can we later switch to a state sponsorship under the same visa? State sponsorship takes long and you need to lodge your VISA application after the state sponsorship is received. However, while my VISA application under 176 is in process and I receive the state sponsorship say after 4 weeks following the 176 VISA application, can we change that and submit our state sponsorship.

Can you please provide any references to confirm this? Thanks for any help relevant to this, in advance.
Did you try reading following thread

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...+state+sponsor
Old Nov 25th 2010, 9:19 pm
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

The short answer is no. If you now want to move to SS then it's a new application. Can't find the original DIAC link but it has been discussed on here before. It was possible before but not post 1Jul 10.
Old Nov 26th 2010, 5:40 am
Banned

Thanks. I have just confirmed this myself. This has just happened after July 2010. Migration conditions are ridiculous indeed. What difference does this make, if the quota is not already filled, this should be possible. I am meeting all requirements and will probably just depend on relative sponsorship.

Originally Posted by ROMFT_WO2RN
The short answer is no. If you now want to move to SS then it's a new application. Can't find the original DIAC link but it has been discussed on here before. It was possible before but not post 1Jul 10.
Old Nov 26th 2010, 5:40 am
Banned

Thanks indeed.

Originally Posted by ROMFT_WO2RN