Changes to ENS, what be they? JAJ?

Old Jan 13th 2005, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

brutus has a brilliant futurebrutus has a brilliant futurebrutus has a brilliant futurebrutus has a brilliant futurebrutus has a brilliant futurebrutus has a brilliant future
Default Changes to ENS, what be they? JAJ?

Hi,
I've heard that there will be some changes made to the ENS scheme in April of this year, I was wondering what/who was the source and does anyone have any idea what the changes will be?

I've heard JAJ mention that it will make things harder for some and perhaps easier for others, whats that based on?

IS there a source for predicted changes to the migration system?

Thanks,
B
Old Jan 14th 2005, 12:33 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Changes to ENS, what be they? JAJ?

Originally Posted by brutus
Hi,
I've heard that there will be some changes made to the ENS scheme in April of this year, I was wondering what/who was the source and does anyone have any idea what the changes will be?

I've heard JAJ mention that it will make things harder for some and perhaps easier for others, whats that based on?

IS there a source for predicted changes to the migration system?

Thanks,
B
Possible changes include:
- a list of acceptable occupations
- skill assessment in some cases by gazetted authorities (which will make things hard for those in professions with tough assessing authorities, eg managers or accountants)
- concessions for those who have spent 2 years in Australia on a 457 or similar visa.

If you are planning to apply for ENS you should be taking urgent advice from a professional experienced in this area.

Jeremy