Change of Passport Details - Form 929

Old Mar 3rd 2015, 9:42 am
Lost in Paperwork

Manners_1983 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Change of Passport Details - Form 929

Hey,

I need to update my passport details regarding my 189 visa which was recently granted and have printed & completed the change of address and/or passport details form (929).

That bit's fine, I'm just not sure where or how to send:

- upload to my immi account application with scan of new passport
- post the form with a certified copy of my passport bio-data page to the Migration Branch address at the Australian Embassy in London
- or go the belt & braces approach and do both?!

Cheers!
Old Mar 3rd 2015, 9:47 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Change of Passport Details - Form 929

Originally Posted by Manners_1983
Hey,

I need to update my passport details regarding my 189 visa which was recently granted and have printed & completed the change of address and/or passport details form (929).

That bit's fine, I'm just not sure where or how to send:

- upload to my immi account application with scan of new passport
- post the form with a certified copy of my passport bio-data page to the Migration Branch address at the Australian Embassy in London
- or go the belt & braces approach and do both?!

Cheers!
If its newly granted - and guessing not validated -I'd do both!
Old Mar 3rd 2015, 9:53 am
Lost in Paperwork

yup, we'll be arriving in September....belts & braces it is then! ta
Old Mar 3rd 2015, 10:59 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

yup, we'll be arriving in September....belts & braces it is then! ta
Always a good plan!

Also, make sure you check in with enough time that if they do lose the forms and not update the online system, they still have time to confirm by phone! Unlikely but if you are like me you cover all bases!!
Old Mar 3rd 2015, 12:08 pm
Lost in Paperwork

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Always a good plan!

Also, make sure you check in with enough time that if they do lose the forms and not update the online system, they still have time to confirm by phone! Unlikely but if you are like me you cover all bases!!
That's not a bad idea, on all the guidance notes they state that they will not acknowledge receipt or that your details have been updated...you just have to trust that it's been done. Not really comfortable with that, especially as we're not exactly popping down the local shop for some milk & bread!
Old Mar 3rd 2015, 12:51 pm
Home and Happy

That's not a bad idea, on all the guidance notes they state that they will not acknowledge receipt or that your details have been updated...you just have to trust that it's been done. Not really comfortable with that, especially as we're not exactly popping down the local shop for some milk & bread!
I've sent 3 or 4 929s in my time and not had an acknowledgment for any of them, so play it safe, take both passports with you and allow plenty of check in time. i'm sure you'll be fine, but you sound like me, wanting to cover all bases just in case.....!!
Old Mar 3rd 2015, 5:42 pm
Slow & Steady

ekhfaiz is an unknown quantity at this point

If you have been granted you cannot upload in the immi account. Send the scanned copy to embassy in your country along with a copy of your new passport.
They will reply back but the details will not be updated immediately, check VEVO after 15 days of their response and your details would be updated with new passport.
Old Mar 3rd 2015, 10:59 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ekhfaiz
If you have been granted you cannot upload in the immi account. Send the scanned copy to embassy in your country along with a copy of your new passport.
They will reply back but the details will not be updated immediately, check VEVO after 15 days of their response and your details would be updated with new passport.
This is the correct course of action. You can always double check with the European Service Centre via phone or email that your details have been updated if you wish.
Old Mar 12th 2015, 4:05 pm
Forum Regular

Perpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond repute

I am very impressed with the European Service Centre. I emailed across my completed 929 form, scans of old and new passports, and other required documentation, to [email protected] on Wednesday morning, and today Thursday PM they had already updated my details.
Old Mar 12th 2015, 6:31 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Perpetual Tourist
I am very impressed with the European Service Centre. I emailed across my completed 929 form, scans of old and new passports, and other required documentation, to [email protected] on Wednesday morning, and today Thursday PM they had already updated my details.
Pay them a compliment

Feedback – About our Service
Old Mar 13th 2015, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

Perpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Pay them a compliment

Feedback – About our Service
Good idea! Positive feedback left.