Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Change in Passport after grant but before Validation

Change in Passport after grant but before Validation

Old Jun 8th 2009, 10:36 am
Banned

Altavista is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Change in Passport after grant but before Validation

Is it possible to change the passport after visa grant but before validation.

What is the process. Do I need to contact the case officer for change in passport or contact department on general email address.

Will department issue the new grant letter with new passport details.

I am expecting visa next month but by the time I decided to validate, my passport will be closed to expiry i.e. 3 month.
Old Jun 8th 2009, 10:57 am
Banned

Milano007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Change in Passport after grant but before Validation

Originally Posted by Altavista
Is it possible to change the passport after visa grant but before validation.

What is the process. Do I need to contact the case officer for change in passport or contact department on general email address.

Will department issue the new grant letter with new passport details.

I am expecting visa next month but by the time I decided to validate, my passport will be closed to expiry i.e. 3 month.
i guess u can change ur passport details. u need to send form 929 to the DIAC or to CO email with new passport photocopy.

There will be no need of new grant letter instead they will update ur passport details to the computer system.

Good luck
Old Jun 8th 2009, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

ZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really nice
Default Re: Change in Passport after grant but before Validation

Originally Posted by Milano007
i guess u can change ur passport details. u need to send form 929 to the DIAC or to CO email with new passport photocopy.

There will be no need of new grant letter instead they will update ur passport details to the computer system.

Good luck
Its the case if Altavista change his passport before visa grant.

If you change your passport after the visa grant and stamp of visa then you simply get it stamped on your new passport by sending your old passport (that has the visa sticker) to nearest Australian Embassy.