Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Change in Circumstances / is it worth it ???

Change in Circumstances / is it worth it ???

Old Apr 5th 2011, 6:20 pm
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of
Default Change in Circumstances / is it worth it ???

Hi There,

We applied for a SS to SA a couple of years back after spending about 12/18 Mths getting the application together and getting my trade assesed.

Then not long after paying the app fee the now Ex wife went mad and left ! I always saud that I would carry on the App if / when it came through and try and drag it out till the kids were a bit older.

Well 10 day ago I got the mail asking for the police certs / meds etc etc and have started to flap a bit now, just wondered if anyone else had been in a similar situation as I was the main App on the App I dont see it being a problem taking her off it, but do i leave the kids on ( quicker without them on it ?) as I have no intention of actually moving permently for a few years yet now but could go over to activate etc and maybe have a extended holiday there if needs be ??

What sort of time scales are happening at the mionute regarding turnaround from my position now to having to activate / move ?
Also whats the chances of me getting my meds done and back in the next 2.5 weeks ??

TIA

Dougie
Old Apr 5th 2011, 6:37 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Change in Circumstances / is it worth it ???

Originally Posted by Dougie
Hi There,

We applied for a SS to SA a couple of years back after spending about 12/18 Mths getting the application together and getting my trade assesed.

Then not long after paying the app fee the now Ex wife went mad and left ! I always saud that I would carry on the App if / when it came through and try and drag it out till the kids were a bit older.

Well 10 day ago I got the mail asking for the police certs / meds etc etc and have started to flap a bit now, just wondered if anyone else had been in a similar situation as I was the main App on the App I dont see it being a problem taking her off it, but do i leave the kids on ( quicker without them on it ?) as I have no intention of actually moving permently for a few years yet now but could go over to activate etc and maybe have a extended holiday there if needs be ??

What sort of time scales are happening at the mionute regarding turnaround from my position now to having to activate / move ?
Also whats the chances of me getting my meds done and back in the next 2.5 weeks ??

TIA

Dougie
The kids will need medicals even if you change them to be non-migrating dependents instead of migrating. However if you remove your wife from the application you may run into custody issues if you leave the kids as "migrating" - you will have to prove that your wife agrees to them migrating with you.
As for getting the medical done in 2.5 weeks, you'll need to ring the nearest panel doctor and see what their wait time is like. Once you have booked the appointment just tell the CO its booked, they will be happy with that.
Old Apr 5th 2011, 6:45 pm
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of

OK thanks Polly

What about if I dropped the kids of the visa App also ?

That way I could still get it all sorted and then in years to come if / when they are old enough theycould come over and start again on there front regarding the immigration side of things or is this just getting too messy and complicated ?

My plan is to drag it out as long as possible and then if needs be I will go out alone for a few years and try it out then hopefully the kids will follow ?

Thanks again

Dougie
Old Apr 5th 2011, 6:46 pm
Swollen Member

I just dont wann let the opportunity slip by for the sake of being lazy an feeling sorry for myself I put too much time effort & money into the initial application to just stand back now

Dougie
Old Apr 5th 2011, 8:02 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

If the children become non-migrating dependents they will still have to have medicals (in case they want to migrate in the future), but you can certainly change the application to say they aren't migrating right now. You would need to think ahead though - if you are planning to sponsor them to come over in the future they will need to remain dependent on you, or qualify for skills visas in their own right. Proving dependence on you could be tricky if you living in Aus and they are in the UK.
Old Apr 5th 2011, 8:51 pm
Swollen Member

OK Thanks again Polly seems I need to have a little thinnk and contact my CO tomorrow

Cheers

Dougie
Old Apr 5th 2011, 9:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Why don't you talk to your wife and see if she will allow the children to go onto the application as migrating dependents? If she will then that might be the best thing to do as it would keep a door open for them for the future.

If she won't allow this and you do not want to go through a court battle, then if they are under 18 they must be declared as non migrating dependents. This will mean they will have to undergo medicals.
Old Apr 5th 2011, 11:29 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Why don't you talk to your wife and see if she will allow the children to go onto the application as migrating dependents? If she will then that might be the best thing to do as it would keep a door open for them for the future.

If she won't allow this and you do not want to go through a court battle, then if they are under 18 they must be declared as non migrating dependents. This will mean they will have to undergo medicals.
Yip, think if they are under 12 or 14 they don't need the xrays or bloods (if I remember right). But they still need to be registered.

We had a bit of hassle regarding my hubby's son who lives in England, who he wasn't allowed to see. We had to get lawyer's involved because the boy's mother obviously would have refused to do the medicals, so hubby had to get the laywer to write letters etc.

Good luck Dougstar!
Old Apr 5th 2011, 11:33 pm
Swollen Member

Cheers chuck it all comes good in the end

Dougie
Old Apr 6th 2011, 6:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry Dougie, can't help with info on this but just wanted to wish you lots of luck with whatever you decide to do
Old Apr 8th 2011, 11:44 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
If the children become non-migrating dependents they will still have to have medicals (in case they want to migrate in the future), but you can certainly change the application to say they aren't migrating right now. You would need to think ahead though - if you are planning to sponsor them to come over in the future they will need to remain dependent on you, or qualify for skills visas in their own right. Proving dependence on you could be tricky if you living in Aus and they are in the UK.
Under current law, an (unmarried) child under 18 is automatically "dependent" but it was different in the past and could be different in future.