Certifying Documents???

Old Feb 24th 2009, 10:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

slackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Certifying Documents???

Originally Posted by sormesher
hi,
i am in the process of submitting a spouse visa. i contacted the contact centre as i had read on here somewhere that you need to certify the personal statements and i had thought it was only birth, marriage certificates and passports which needed doing and there response was "Personal statements by the applicant and sponsor do not need to be certified". so on the basis of that i havent got any of my other items certified. the check list doesnt mention any other certifed documents.
hope this helps
sarah
Sorry I may have confused things, I meant all certifiable documents need to be certified if it is a paper application. The same is not true for an online application. So, the previous poster's reference to 'income related documents' will need to be certified (unless he is send the originals).
Old Feb 24th 2009, 11:13 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rainydaze
Hi JblokeUK

I just got mine certified earlier in the week by a local justice of the peace. There was no charge and the JP came out to our house in the evening to sign them for us, he was a great guy.

In our case, I contacted the local courts service and they gave me a list of JPs living in my locality whom we could contact.

I do know that someone else here on Expats advised me that their JP tried to charge them, but they went directly to the magistrates court I think. Maybe it depends on if you're getting them signed at the court or outside hours.

But anyway, I don't think a JP is allowed to charge for this service. At the most there might be some basic admin costs.

So it might we worth checking out this option where you live. Good luck!
That's in Aus. JPs are not allowed to charge at all. It's against their regulations. In the UK you get fleeced by anyone on the list of qualified certifiers. Local magistrates court is generally the cheapest place. Solicitors have been known to charge $10+ per signature
Old Feb 25th 2009, 5:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

intellect20 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi slackbloke,
As per your earlier comment, does it mean that for online application we can just scan the original coloured documents and upload without any certification. Please confirm. I am asking for all sort of documents birth certificate, passport, degree etc

Originally Posted by slackbloke
Sorry I may have confused things, I meant all certifiable documents need to be certified if it is a paper application. The same is not true for an online application. So, the previous poster's reference to 'income related documents' will need to be certified (unless he is send the originals).