Certifying Copies for the TRA

Old Nov 22nd 2007, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

ballesteros is on a distinguished road
Default Certifying Copies for the TRA

Just gathering my copies of documents together, ready to have them certified for the TRA.
Can anyone confirm if they have sent a certified copy of their Statement of Service (seems a bit daft to me). I would assume a just print of a copy of the document I have produced on my computer and send it un-certified.
Has anyone had a TRA application rejected due to the Statement of Service being an original copy

thanks

Ballesteros.
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

originalfunster has a spectacular aura aboutoriginalfunster has a spectacular aura aboutoriginalfunster has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Certifying Copies for the TRA

2 ways of looking at it really do you really want to take the risk for the sake of a fiver?

I know what I would do...

you might also want to get extra certified copies done at the same time for the visa application, as it may work out a bit cheaper the more you get done??? we done the TRA before september, we have just applied for the visa's and had to get more certified copies done.

Hope this helps...
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

ballesteros is on a distinguished road

cheers, good advice.
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 10:45 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Anything that is an original or not an official document such as a transcript or identity document does not need to be certified.
Old Nov 30th 2007, 11:57 am
BE Enthusiast

loubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really nice

Originally Posted by ballesteros
Just gathering my copies of documents together, ready to have them certified for the TRA.
Can anyone confirm if they have sent a certified copy of their Statement of Service (seems a bit daft to me). I would assume a just print of a copy of the document I have produced on my computer and send it un-certified.
Has anyone had a TRA application rejected due to the Statement of Service being an original copy

thanks

Ballesteros.
TRA confirm originals don't need a signature, all copies do.

Loubiegreen xx
Old Nov 30th 2007, 1:18 pm
Just Joined

chez.my is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ballesteros

thanks

Ballesteros.

Hi.

We went through an agent when we applied to come to Aus. He told us that originals would not be accepted, only certified copies. My Hubby (main applicant) had one of his referees print off several copies, only to have to be told we had to have certified copies, not the originals.
Old Nov 30th 2007, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

perth bound is on a distinguished road

Not worth the risk, I was told not to send any originals, only certified copies,
which is what I did and I passed the TRA. For the sake of a few quid, get it certified, even though it seems odd to us, why risk it.

Good luck with the TRA. Just for info, we got our decision in 5 weeks from date of posting.
Old Nov 30th 2007, 10:45 pm
Just Joined

chez.my is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by perth bound
Not worth the risk, I was told not to send any originals, only certified copies,
which is what I did and I passed the TRA. For the sake of a few quid, get it certified, even though it seems odd to us, why risk it.

Good luck with the TRA. Just for info, we got our decision in 5 weeks from date of posting.
That's right.
If you take everything to the solicitor in one go, they normally do a deal for bulk certifying.
We got our tra decision back in 4 weeks.
The whole process for us was 10 months from our first appointment with our agent.

Good luck in your application.

Chez